Spangher wants a trade ...

Remove this Banner Ad

What about a trade Spangher for Dowler from Hawthorn we need a backman you need a leading forward. He was pick 6 in the draft

i wouldn't.

how about Spang + our 3rd pick (30 i think?) for Ben Stratton.

yeah i know it wont happen, but i want stratton at west coast.

Good chance that the Blues will look at both McKinley and Spangher.

Spangher will not get you much more than loose change (4th or 5th rounder at best).

McKinley on the other hand will attract a bit of attention IMO.

Spangher will not get you much more than loose change (4th or 5th rounder at best).

So a capable but inconsistant 23 year old KPD will only net us a pick in the late 70s? Are you high?

Reckon Spangher will attract more interest than Mckinley but time will tell.

How about Spangher + Mckinley + #62 (WC's 4th rounder) for Walker + your 2nd rounder (#38 ish) ?

So a capable but inconsistant 23 year old KPD will only net us a pick in the late 70s? Are you high?

I don't think the eagles are gonna get anything for Spangher. He's going to go into the draft if no trade gets worked out... The eagles will do the right thing by him and give him away

^

Doing the right thing by Spangher would be trading him to a Vic club, as opposed to releasing him into the draft with a 1/16 chance to get redrafted, and even then it might be an interstate team.

We'd also get something for him. Win/Win.

Ok, you've got Juddy, and want to pick up McKinley and Spangher, and there was also interest in Lynchy too. Can we interest you in a Rosa or Hansen as well? We would have to rename Carlton the East Coast Eagles. :D

Its the typical Carlton line. They're the most deluded supporters come trade time. I'm sure you remember their valuations of Judd on bigfooty when that trade was being ironed out.

Hope the eagles find him a good home, even if we don't actually get anything out of the trade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The problem with that post is he isn't a capable key position defender. One out with any genuine KP forward he cannot defend. As third man up and a contest he arrives at with speed, he can spoil, but one out either on the lead or in a physical contest he is well below par....

He has some capacity to run off and has patches in games where this is useful but he makes horrible skill and decision errors.

So we have a poor tall defender who shows some flashes as a running defender but kills that off with poor skills and poor decision making. Given his age, and relative lack of experience, some club will talk themselves into Spang but I reckon recruiters at clubs will be all over his weakness' when it comes to deciding on any picks they might give up.

Spang will be 24 when next season starts, he has been on our list for 5 years, he is just a depth player.

Its the typical Carlton line. They're the most deluded supporters come trade time. I'm sure you remember their valuations of Judd on bigfooty when that trade was being ironed out.

Funniest I heard which was considered a fair and equitable trade by the poster, Brad Fisher + a second rounder for Judd :eek:

The problem with that post is he isn't a capable key position defender. One out with any genuine KP forward he cannot defend. As third man up and a contest he arrives at with speed, he can spoil, but one out either on the lead or in a physical contest he is well below par....

He has some capacity to run off and has patches in games where this is useful but he makes horrible skill and decision errors.

So we have a poor tall defender who shows some flashes as a running defender but kills that off with poor skills and poor decision making. Given his age, and relative lack of experience, some club will talk themselves into Spang but I reckon recruiters at clubs will be all over his weakness' when it comes to deciding on any picks they might give up.

Spang will be 24 when next season starts, he has been on our list for 5 years, he is just a depth player.

I agree with this Eagle87 - the problem is Spangher is another in a long list of players that WC have successfully screwed up in recent times by their incompetant development programs being combined with being played in a wrong position. Spangher as a HBF or a wingman would have made it.

Spangher has neither the height nor strength to be successful as a KPD and his best asset, his pace, was made completely redundant by playing him in such a a position. Throw in the situation where he was asked to stand players who were clearly heavier and stronger in a defence that was under siege and rattled for most of the last 2 years and its no wonder his skill set is what it is.

Watch it happen also to Stephenson who has all the attributes to be a wingman of very good talent and who, like Spangher, will be ultimately broken as well by being played as the revolving BP/HBF. I also think that Masten would seriously have to look at his long term future at WC should he be permanently be inked at as a HFF.

I agree with this Eagle87 - the problem is Spangher is another in a long list of players that WC have successfully screwed up in recent times by their incompetant development programs being combined with being played in a wrong position. Spangher as a HBF or a wingman would have made it.

Spangher has neither the height nor strength to be successful as a KPD and his best asset, his pace, was made completely redundant by playing him in such a a position. Throw in the situation where he was asked to stand players who were clearly heavier and stronger in a defence that was under siege and rattled for most of the last 2 years and its no wonder his skill set is what it is.

Watch it happen also to Stephenson who has all the attributes to be a wingman of very good talent and who, like Spangher, will be ultimately broken as well by being played as the revolving BP/HBF. I also think that Masten would seriously have to look at his long term future at WC should he be permanently be inked at as a HFF.

Agree, think he would be good in a similar role you see Sam Gilbert or Goddard do at StKilda, Tall Loose running defender. Id have him at Hawthorn, youd get him for nothing. Could do very well under the right leadership

Agree, think he would be good in a similar role you see Sam Gilbert or Goddard do at StKilda, Tall Loose running defender. Id have him at Hawthorn, youd get him for nothing. Could do very well under the right leadership
Leadership is far from his biggest issue...

Why is there no trade for Spang? I could only guess is no one is interested because any club could have him for nothing. I'd have to assume he will be delisted.

Why is there no trade for Spang? I could only guess is no one is interested because any club could have him for nothing. I'd have to assume he will be delisted.

Bingo

Couldn't get a regular game for the 16th placed side because he didn't consistently perform in the WAFL and force his way into the side. When he did play in the seniors he couldn't hold his spot.

Hardly any surprise then that there isn't a stampede for his services.

Unlike McKinley, who at least showed some potentail a couple of years ago but stagnated/ went backwards, he hasn't shown much to suggest he is AFL standard.

A club might throw a bone at us like North did for McKinley but it's hard to get something for a player no one is interested in and we don't want to keep.

Bingo

Couldn't get a regular game for the 16th placed side because he didn't consistently perform in the WAFL and force his way into the side. When he did play in the seniors he couldn't hold his spot.

Hardly any surprise then that there isn't a stampede for his services.

Unlike McKinley, who at least showed some potentail a couple of years ago but stagnated/ went backwards, he hasn't shown much to suggest he is AFL standard.

A club might throw a bone at us like North did for McKinley but it's hard to get something for a player no one is interested in and we don't want to keep.

C'mon Keyser, this is clearly the clubs fault, Wooshas' fault, in fact this has Nisbetts hands all over it!! Massive fail by the club, should have been able to get at least pick 25 for Spangh on top of the Top 10 pick that McKinley was clearly worth....

Teams have clearly been beating down the door for Spang and the club decided to knock back all those brilliant offers and hold out for a s**t one - just like that gun, McKinley ... I heard Carlton offered us, Garlett, Yarran and a first rounder for the 2 of them and we said no ... didnt want to scare the young kids on our list by surrounding them with too much talent....

..'ken woosh, ..'ken Nisbett, disgraceful club ..... Spangher gun, McKinley gun .... :mad:

C'mon Keyser, this is clearly the clubs fault, Wooshas' fault, in fact this has Nisbetts hands all over it!! Massive fail by the club, should have been able to get at least pick 25 for Spangh on top of the Top 10 pick that McKinley was clearly worth....

Teams have clearly been beating down the door for Spang and the club decided to knock back all those brilliant offers and hold out for a s**t one - just like that gun, McKinley ... I heard Carlton offered us, Garlett, Yarran and a first rounder for the 2 of them and we said no ... didnt want to scare the young kids on our list by surrounding them with too much talent....

..'ken woosh, ..'ken Nisbett, disgraceful club ..... Spangher gun, McKinley gun .... :mad:

'ken brilliant, love it!:thumbsu::D Although, I had been thinking the Rev was too passive and should go into these negotiations toting a gun and "forcing" the negotiations past their sticking point!

just heard on Trade Radio that he looks like heading to the Blues for a late pick.

Apparently wont happen until late Monday, as other deals are more pressing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back