Games & Recreation Sporting conspiracies

Remove this Banner Ad

Had never even heard of Dynamo Berlin.

Only two teams from the East German league were admitted to the Bundesliga after reunification and there are none today and only one in the 2nd Bundesliga.

Now Berliner FC Dynamo, playing in the fourth division.

Players from Dynamo Dresden were ordered to move to the capital to form a strong team for East Berlin. They were basically run by the secret police. Won 10 straight league titles in the 80s thanks to forced transfers and dodgy refs.

They tried to rebadge as FC Berlin after reunification and become a powerhouse. Didn't work.

Last edited:

Bradley Wiggins legacy is looking dodgier by the day too. PED use in cycling seems to be like abuse in the Catholic Church, the powers that be assure us that the problem is in the past, and yet contemporary cases keep being uncovered.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/43280081

Brad Wiggins situation right now is looking very very reminiscent of Lance Armstrong around about 2010 (to save googling Armstrong admitted doping in January 2013)

For F1, I've always believed the FIA allowed Benetton to get away with a lot in 1994 and its been confirmed Max Mosley advised them in their defence.

I think Flavio Briatore was telling the truth when he said the FIA knew his team had removed the fuel filter, possibly to allow for faster pitstops to combat Senna and Williams.

And FIA/Ferrari bias is there. They are the only long standing team that hasn't experienced technical disqualifications in the last 30 years or so despite a lot of dodgey stuff on their cars.

danny green vs mundine 2 there is no way green won that fight
Wait Green won? I'm a half interested boxing fan but what? Proves what a joke the sport has become. It's corruption and even heavy hitters like Alvarez can't keep it going.

Wait Green won? I'm a half interested boxing fan but what?
Yeah that decision was a total joke.

I'm a Danny Green (even if he's got a fairly high level of flog about him) but there is not a chance he won that fight. Mundine easily the better fighter on the night.
The lead up the fight was farcical and the amount of attention given to a 43 year old has been fighting a 41 year old has been was embarrassing. But - surprisingly - the fight was actually pretty good. The decision not so good.

I watched that in Hobart. They aren't big fans of the indigenous in Hobart and the pub was 95% support for Danny Green. I can vaguely remember a few guys saying Green won it, but pretty much everyone thought Mundine was robbed, even the guys who weren't only Danny Green fans for the night, but Danny Green fans in general.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

danny green vs mundine 2 there is no way green won that fight

I agree but think it’s a stretch to say it was a conspiracy, there are always bad decisions in boxing.

A real conspiracy would be Greens defeat of Paul Briggs, was always going to happen but the KO was more than sus.

Also why did Sonny Bill Williams fight against Francois Botha suddenly get shortened to 10 rounds instead of 12 when Botha was hitting his straps?

For F1, I've always believed the FIA allowed Benetton to get away with a lot in 1994 and its been confirmed Max Mosley advised them in their defence.

I think Flavio Briatore was telling the truth when he said the FIA knew his team had removed the fuel filter, possibly to allow for faster pitstops to combat Senna and Williams.

And FIA/Ferrari bias is there. They are the only long standing team that hasn't experienced technical disqualifications in the last 30 years or so despite a lot of dodgey stuff on their cars.
Im meeting Ron Dennis next week, I will ask him how rigged F1 is (I think he's a bit jaded about it from what I can gather).

Another good one is the secret suspension handed down to Michael Jordan for gambling issues after he announced his first retirement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back