Spybot Search and Destroy

Remove this Banner Ad

if you go to the trend micro website there is a free online scan, could be worth a run for you.

http://www.trendmicro.com.au/au/pro...s/index.html?WT.mc_id=2010HPANZ_Home_FreeTool

otherwise ive found spybot S&D to work quite well in the past

in unrelated news, if you dont want to lose the stuff on your HDD buy an external drive and back that s**t up. I lost a heap of data when my laptop died last year. pissed me off.

I've got 'malwarebytes' magic.merkin thanks.

I think 'rkill' killed the problem that I had though.

I have heard good things about 'Avast'. May download that later and give that a go.

Have you tried running it in safemode? (That usually helps when it comes to virus's)

Also you could boot off an Linux disk and run clam... (Thats if your technically savy enough...)

If you looking at buying an anti-virus product can't go wrong with Kaspersky

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have you tried running it in safemode? (That usually helps when it comes to virus's)

Also you could boot off an Linux disk and run clam... (Thats if your technically savy enough...)

If you looking at buying an anti-virus product can't go wrong with Kaspersky

Nah, I'm technically challenged mate. Knowing me, If I tried your 2nd sentenced, I'd probably stuff the computer up. lol :eek:

How long does a scan last for using 'malwarebytes'? Seems to take forever. lol

It really depends on how much space you have on your computer (Can last from anywhere from 20 minuets to 3 or 4 hours from experience).

Nah, I'm technically challenged mate. Knowing me, If I tried your 2nd sentenced, I'd probably stuff the computer up. lol :eek:

I won't guide you through the second process but booting into safemode is simple enough all you have to do is tap F8 on your keyboard whilst your computer boots up and when it prompts you select Safe Mode. :)

And your better technically than most people (They wouldn't even know how to install an anti-virus :p)

My computer was forced to shut down due to the thunderstorm, when I was having trouble with it, I turn it back on and everything seems to be running smoothly again. :confused:

Computers are weird things.

Also, can the dear mods change to 'title' to this thread to "The Computer Help Thread", please?

Could come in handy for other people, down the track. ;)