St Kilda Vs Freo @ Etihad 4:40 round 18

Remove this Banner Ad

Always good to see an underdog win. Also an interesting perspective on Fremantle as contenders. Regardless of the circumstances of heavy training and resting/injuries - they didn't seem to have the cattle to respond with a couple missing and a couple of big names off their game. They will want a big bounce back to form next week.

More concerning from a Freo perspective is whether the coach has enough tricks up his sleeve to do much about situations where the opposition is on fire. The Lyons game plan is a very structured one and if the structure breaks down there may not be quite enough to work with under finals pressure.

I'm really not that shocked ....
pinocchio-long-nose-286x300.jpg

Stanley just proving again that the Saints have key forward depth after Roo. Longer this weeks Rising Star and Dunstan proving why his year is the best of all nominees .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

you mean the one where we only lost by 25 to a grand finalist team with 1/3rd of our team out?
No, I mean the one that was getting nailed by 9 goals and could have been 80 if Freo hadn't taken their foot off the gas, against a team who DIDN'T have a third of their team out.

That's the one.

Always good to see an underdog win. Also an interesting perspective on Fremantle as contenders. Regardless of the circumstances of heavy training and resting/injuries - they didn't seem to have the cattle to respond with a couple missing and a couple of big names off their game. They will want a big bounce back to form next week.

More concerning from a Freo perspective is whether the coach has enough tricks up his sleeve to do much about situations where the opposition is on fire. The Lyons game plan is a very structured one and if the structure breaks down there may not be quite enough to work with under finals pressure.

Ballantyne, Hill, Sandilands, Walters.
I'm excited.

Stanley just proving again that the Saints have key forward depth after Roo. Longer this weeks Rising Star and Dunstan proving why his year is the best of all nominees .

I wouldn't base anything on this game. It's like a WFA horse getting trounced at Bairnsdale. Something stinks.

"Mzungu says bugger this, we're playing on.."

My favourite line for the season.
I asked my wife if that's what Roberts said. Couldn't quite believe it bit it was note perfect as commentary.

No, I mean the one that was getting nailed by 9 goals and could have been 80 if Freo hadn't taken their foot off the gas, against a team who DIDN'T have a third of their team out.

That's the one.
is this the same team that wouldve beaten Freo by 100+ earlier in the season IF they hadnt of done the same
or the same team that wouldve smashed GWS in round 1 and Richmond in round 14 by 100+ each IF they had bothered to turn up on the day?
isnt that the team that is currently sitting on top of the ladder with 12 straight wins?
im not interested in if and buts. 25 points with 1/3rd of the team out. fact

Last edited:
I've pulled out of going to AFL games, we go to wafl games to see real competitive sports.

Only follow AFL to see the final years as it fully evolves into the "pretend to be a sporting competition" but purely $ driven Oz version of WWE

Interesting watching the de-evolution of a sport into a pure entertainment vehicle (WWE type) - will be many studies on this in the future - AFL cannot help themselves

Remove this Banner Ad

Back