Staging

Remove this Banner Ad

I can't remember who, but one of our guys went for a pretty similar move to get a free kick earlier in the game, he kinda ducked into the tackle. But, ended up in a headlock from the tackler who smashed him into the ground with an arm around the neck.

The shittest part is that our guys suck at staging.

I can't remember who, but one of our guys went for a pretty similar move to get a free kick earlier in the game, he kinda ducked into the tackle. But, ended up in a headlock from the tackler who smashed him into the ground with an arm around the neck.

The shittest part is that our guys suck at staging.

Yep, the fact Bag's kept his head down, without flicking back up, meant no free kick.

We need to take some diving score cards to games against North then hold them up every time he does that.

they have to bring in a rule where, as long as the tackler ensures that the tackle starts in a legal position, if the person being tackled 'causes' the arm to go high (drops the knees, shrugs their arms), it's play on.

Our players need to get on learning that thing that Selwood does, where he lifts his arm upwards to make the tackle slip high. Puopolo does it all the times as well.

And yet even then, you can argue that they are at least trying to shrug through the tackle, as you see Selwood just keep going immediately with the advantage call all the time, whereas Thomas is going for the free and that only, given that he is going to ground specifically looking for it. Weak campaigner.

they have to bring in a rule where, as long as the tackler ensures that the tackle starts in a legal position, if the person being tackled 'causes' the arm to go high (drops the knees, shrugs their arms), it's play on.
Would be nice, but would be almost impossible to adjudicate.

And yet even then, you can argue that they are at least trying to shrug through the tackle, as you see Selwood just keep going immediately with the advantage call all the time, whereas Thomas is going for the free and that only, given that he is going to ground specifically looking for it. Weak campaigner.
No. Selwood almost always does this to stop play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well I think the rules are already in place to stop the Selwood 'arm slide'.. essentially being that upon the moment of being tackled you are meant to dispose of the ball.. so if you ping him for holding the ball every time he tries to 'shrug' the tackler.. then we wouldn't be in the mess.

Well I think the rules are already in place to stop the Selwood 'arm slide'.. essentially being that upon the moment of being tackled you are meant to dispose of the ball.. so if you ping him for holding the ball every time he tries to 'shrug' the tackler.. then we wouldn't be in the mess.
No, you are given reasonable time to legally dispose of the ball.

We are over-analysing the situation - Umoires use commonsense and these free kicks aren't paid - It's not difficult - The true arounfd the neck comes from one handed tackles - Two handed tacjles shouldn't incur a high free kick.

Well at least it didn't have a bearing on the end result. You can take the 6 points off if you like.

A mere footnote on an amazing game of footy.
Ridiculous assumption. Who knows how the game would have panned out without that goal?

I won't blame that one decision but the way you have approached it is extremely simplistic.

Ridiculous assumption. Who knows how the game would have panned out without that goal?

I won't blame that one decision but the way you have approached it is extremely simplistic.
Who knows indeed. All I know is while watching the game I thought you blokes got a soft one here and there as well. It all evens out in the end, and the better team won.

The AFL needs to start fining people for this crap. Its a joke.

anyone from nth or any other team who reckons that is a free kicks had ******* rocks in hteir heads.
If that was a free kick so were the 5 or so that got let go for essendon where they were told they created the contact. FMD get a grip.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back