State of Origin 2013 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Seeing as Queensland played the tackle out for a try (which was rightly disallowed) its not as simple as your making it out to be. Your suggesting that Queensland should be disadvantaged more than New South Wales territory wise and also suggesting ignoring the rules of Rugby League in the process. I'm all for a change to the rules, but as the game wasn't brought to a stop by the refs, your suggestion isn't practical.

But as pointed out Queensland STILL had the overlap and even then a range of options could of played out that saw Queensland get a repeat set anyway.

Amazing that New South Wales ground management couldn't stop this from happening for the second Origin in a row and that the second time hurt their team in the process.
Not saying that they should have changed the rule on the very spot last night and not had a repeat set, just saying that I don't like how the rule panned out at that moment. It dramatically effected the match, its potential outcome and favoured QLD much more than NSW. I'm just saying that they ought to change that rule so when something happens like that again, they can just do a tap as it would be much fairer IMO. Even if they do a tap and NSW are forced to leave the defence line as it was prior to the incident (i don't really know how that would work, but it could).

Origin III breaks television records

NRL.com

Thu 18th July, 2:46pm

Last night’s 2013 Holden State of Origin Series decider has become the highest rating Rugby League game of all time with 4.232 million Australian viewers tuning in through the Nine, WIN and NBN networks.

With QLD beating NSW 12-10 to win an unprecedented eighth consecutive Origin Series in front of a record crowd of 83,813 at Sydney’s ANZ Stadium:

the 2013 Series became the highest rating in history with a cumulative total audience of 11.966 million viewers watching over the three games (11.897 million in 2012)*;

Thought Fifita , Bird and Dugan were brilliant tonight.
Not sure if it was s**t-for-brains Pearce who tried to chip out wide with a 2 man overlap and a minute to play but that and when he changed his mind halfway thru running , decided to kick and had an air-swing at the pill on the 2nd tackle on our 10 just ruined us.
Thought Jennings was s**t in games 2 and 3.
Pretty ****en dark on Blake Ferguson right now too.

Dugan was ok but showed his inexperience at origin level when he held the ball and didnt pass it to his outside players for a certain try. Other than that silly lunge for the ball where he knocked on (i dunno what the f**k he was thinking) James McManus i thought had a strong debut. they targeted him and he held his own and was strong in defense and held his line, lol something Nathan Merritt didnt do in game 2 which resulted in afew tries for QLD.

Yeah a bit surprising but he's from Wales where rugby is huge.
Well, there's more to it than what most people know.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryan_Giggs

Born as Ryan Joseph Wilson[15] (he later adopted his mother's maiden name as his professional surname) at St David's Hospital in Canton, Cardiff, to Danny Wilson, at the time a rugby union player for Cardiff RFC who would go on to become a Wales international representative in rugby league,

Not til I just looked it up did I know Giggs had a father who played pro rugby/league.

a lot of the man utd boys are big league fans. wayne rooney is a known league head too. it's a fairly big sport in that part of the world.
Yeah, I know where league is popular. But it came across to me that Giggs has a higher passion than most for it, which I thought was good. I'm not sure too many non-nsw/qld league fans would know who Brett Kenny is.

So the state that picks players on form as opposed to reputation and media pressure has won it again. What's new.

Games 2 and 3 the players were actually picked on form for Queensland. Game 1 was just the same as always in that the 17 had been there and done it before and would again. Glad they got rid of Shillo the Pillow and Ashley Harrison.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back