Media State of the List

Remove this Banner Ad

Truly a man of your own heart.

When are you finishing the mid season survey? Mid-next season?

Procrastination is the devil, but my comment was in reference to the de-railment of this thread, not his tardiness.

Truly a man of your own heart.

When are you finishing the mid season survey? Mid-next season?

I'm surprised Marlowe can finish posts let alone threads.

He's become so petulant recently. Impatient. Can't even play a werewolf game without spoiling it.

I was just as offended by his comments.
I'll make one more comment then leave it at that. Noobz0r's brilliant thread doesn't need to be tarnished any further.

Whether you were offended by Beng's comments or not, it doesn't make what you said right. In fact, I was offended that's how much your comment touched the surface. Thank your lucky stars that your still able to post on this site, and let's hope you learn from it...as serious as it was.

Let's hope you offer some kind of a formal apology, because you're better than that.

Full credit to Beng because he's handled it better than I would have.

Anyway I won't derail this fabulous thread any further.

I'll make one more comment then leave it at that. Noobz0r's brilliant thread doesn't need to be tarnished any further.

Whether you were offended by Beng's comments or not, it doesn't make what you said right. In fact, I was offended that's how much your comment touched the surface. Thank your lucky stars that your still able to post on this site, and let's hope you learn from it...as serious as it was.

Let's hope you offer some kind of a formal apology, because you're better than that.

Full credit to Beng because he's handled it better than I would have.

Anyway I won't derail this fabulous thread any further.

Off the cuff remark, he makes comments just as poorly chosen on a regular basis.

I apologise if I offended yourself or others as that was not my intention at all.

I'm surprised Marlowe can finish posts let alone threads.

He's become so petulant recently. Impatient. Can't even play a werewolf game without spoiling it.

The werewolves were really a sled all along. End spoilers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hello.

Welcome to the thread of rhetorical questions. What does this mean?

State of the List – East Side Hawks

In today’s episode of State of the List, we take a look at the East Side Hawks. An interesting season, scraping into finals on the back of some OK qooty, but struggling off field.

The Hawks won 3 of their last 4 games to finish a game clear in 8th ahead of the Royals and Swamprats. However, their finals ended as quickly as they could, getting torched by the tune of 95 points by the Demons. Was making finals a successful season? Can they build on this and push further into finals in season 19? Off field, there was a void of leadership. IMS stepped back at the beginning of the season, Tarkyn_24 “retired” and karny struggled to live up to the expectations associated with being captain. Some posters stepped up despite this, whilst others dwindled. What does the leadership void mean? Who shone despite this? Are they really a sustainable club despite making finals? The Hawks had several quality rookies in Season 17, did they manage to continue on their merry way in Season 18?

A+ Grade

Here we have a big problem, the Hawks have no A+ Graders. At the start of the season, if I had have done predictions for this thread, I would have expected Karnezis_13 to be here. In the lower grades there is some potential A+ Graders on the Hawks list. But the key is getting them to that level at a club currently bereft of leadership. The less experienced posters are going to have to try and find their own way.

A Grade

Here we have another big problem, I just haven’t seen any poster put together even an A Grade season. Several B Graders were close based upon match thread posting and statistical performance, but they haven’t created enough of a presence around the league to be considered A Grade. Again, Itsmyshow stepping back, Tarkyn_24 retiring, and Karnezis_13 struggling to post, meant that it was going to take someone stepping up for the Hawks to have an A Grader. Unfortunately whilst posters carried the load in match threads, the Hawks had practically no presence around the league. And even more unfortunately, posters such as Mr Eagle and GutsyBug couldn’t step up and fill the void.

B Grade

Rendered Unsafe
Clint Beastwood
Itsmyshow
larrikin

Rendered Unsafe was so close to an A, in fact I’d sub-divide this and give him a B+. He did the stats (thanks man, makes this easier), was their top poster, and had a good year on field. Unfortunately the only thing holding him back was a lack of presence in league wide threads. I see him as someone with definite A+ Grade potential, and someone who could take over from IMS in the future, but he needs to ensure that he creates a league wide splash. Clint Beastwood and Itsmyshow also had good posting seasons, IMS was seen around the league, but unfortunately didn’t get into enough big stoushes, not post with enough depth, to retain the A Grade he surely would have received in the past. Clint Beastwood has the same problem that Rendered Unsafe suffers from, he doesn’t post around the league enough. Fix that, and the Hawks should have at least 2 A Graders next year.

The problem? These 3 need to be leading. They need to be the face of the club. IMS taking up the captaincy again should solve that, but Rendered Unsafe and Clint Beastwood need to ensure they get out of match threads next season. The other problem? No stand out rookies this year. They need to get rookies more involved, or find some more for next season. IMS isn’t going to be around forever, and they need to think of the future.

C Grade

Mr Eagle
Karnezis_13
@CaptainAwkward
Tarkyn_24
Ashton Agar
Dagless

I’m not at all sold on the C Graders either. Karnezis_13 has retired after one season as captain, and has left his club in quite the hole. Apparently Mr Eagle isn't a rookie, my bad. He had an OK posting season and plays a good supporting role in match threads, but the Hawks need more. Tarkyn_24 retired and then came back, and had an excellent start to the year. But he faded badly and had a few match threads with 0 posts. A poster of his level, in this club, needed to do more. Ashton Agar posts sporadically and lacks substance, there are far too many single line posts, or posts containing only hashtags for him to be considered above a C Grade. I’ve always rated Dagless, and he started the season well, but his second half of the season was poor.

Despite having an improved number of posters in this bracket, I think it could be better. Outside of maybe Tarkyn_24, none of them looked like pushing into a higher bracket. The solution? Posting with more depth. Getting more posters into this bracket and up into the higher brackets. Serious problems at the Hawks.

F Grade

fabulousfill
scaryness
TheMidRunner
WaLkEr_ThE_StAr
DeeWong6996
Mouseh
Lunchlady Doris
HawkAussie
Pie in the Sky
ryan_seb
@bombersno1 / @parkerno1
GutsyBug
wce_all_da_way
@AmazingBombers
Atley

There is a fair bit of quality in this bracket, which is disappointing. Not much can be said outside of the fact that there are posters in here that could be in the higher brackets, and could be helping the club out, but haven’t. They need to get posting. They need to start caring, the Hawks are in trouble and they need all hands on deck. GutsyBug in particular is a noticeable absentee, with a huge Season 17, and looked every bit a future leader, but was only sighted in 2 match threads this year.

Something needs to give here.

Overall Grade

D

In the modern world of education, D’s are given out instead of F’s as there is concern that there are too many negative connotations with failing. It’s kinder on the students to give them a D. And that’s how I feel about the Hawks. I want to be kind because I like most of the individual in the club. I want to be kind because a powerhouse of the competition is close to being on it’s knees. But they had a shocker outside of making finals. They need an injection of fresh blood. They need some passion from those in the lower brackets. They need people firing up in match threads, getting some mongrel into their match threads. Something. Anything. They've made moves already, recruiting an eager and posting rookie in Citroin (who I think is an excellent fit should he be developed properly), but he is just the beginning.

Trouble.

Until next time.

Last edited:
Hello.

Welcome to the thread of rhetorical questions. What does this mean?

State of the List – East Side Hawks

In today’s episode of State of the List, we take a look at the East Side Hawks. An interesting season, scraping into finals on the back of some OK qooty, but struggling off field.

The Hawks won 3 of their last 4 games to finish a game clear in 8th ahead of the Royals and Swamprats. However, their finals ended as quickly as they could, getting torched by the tune of 95 points by the Demons. Was making finals a successful season? Can they build on this and push further into finals in season 19? Off field, there was a void of leadership. IMS stepped back at the beginning of the season, Tarkyn_24 “retired” and karny struggled to live up to the expectations associated with being captain. Some posters stepped up despite this, whilst others dwindled. What does the leadership void mean? Who shone despite this? Are they really a sustainable club despite making finals? The Hawks had several quality rookies in Season 17, did they manage to continue on their merry way in Season 18?

A+ Grade

Here we have a big problem, the Hawks have no A+ Graders. At the start of the season, if I had have done predictions for this thread, I would have expected Karnezis_13 to be here. In the lower grades there is some potential A+ Graders on the Hawks list. But the key is getting them to that level at a club currently bereft of leadership. The less experienced posters are going to have to try and find their own way.

A Grade

Here we have another big problem, I just haven’t seen any poster put together even an A Grade season. Several B Graders were close based upon match thread posting and statistical performance, but they haven’t created enough of a presence around the league to be considered A Grade. Again, Itsmyshow stepping back, Tarkyn_24 retiring, and Karnezis_13 struggling to post, meant that it was going to take someone stepping up for the Hawks to have an A Grader. Unfortunately whilst posters carried the load in match threads, the Hawks had practically no presence around the league. And even more unfortunately, posters such as @Mr_Eagle and gutsy Bug couldn’t step up and fill the void.

B Grade

Rendered Unsafe
Clint Beastwood
Itsmyshow
larrikin

Rendered Unsafe was so close to an A, in fact I’d sub-divide this and give him a B+. He did the stats (thanks man, makes this easier), was their top poster, and had a good year on field. Unfortunately the only thing holding him back was a lack of presence in league wide threads. I see him as someone with definite A+ Grade potential, and someone who could take over from IMS in the future, but he needs to ensure that he creates a league wide splash. Clint Beastwood and Itsmyshow also had good posting seasons, IMS was seen around the league, but unfortunately didn’t get into enough big stoushes, not post with enough depth, to retain the A Grade he surely would have received in the past. Clint Beastwood has the same problem that Rendered Unsafe suffers from, he doesn’t post around the league enough. Fix that, and the Hawks should have at least 2 A Graders next year.

The problem? These 3 need to be leading. They need to be the face of the club. IMS taking up the captaincy again should solve that, but Rendered Unsafe and Clint Beastwood need to ensure they get out of match threads next season. The other problem? No stand out rookies this year. They need to get rookies more involved, or find some more for next season. IMS isn’t going to be around forever, and they need to think of the future.

C Grade

Mr Eagle
Karnezis_13
@CaptainAwkward
Tarkyn_24
Ashton Agar
Dagless

I’m not at all sold on the C Graders either. Karnezis_13 has retired after one season as captain, and has left his club in quite the hole. @Mr_Eagle had an excellent rookie season in S17, but was unable to take it further and needs to ensure that he improves and heads up the brackets next season. Tarkyn_24 retired and then came back, and had an excellent start to the year. But he faded badly and had a few match threads with 0 posts. A poster of his level, in this club, needed to do more. Ashton Agar posts sporadically and lacks substance, there are far too many single line posts, or posts containing only hashtags for him to be considered above a C Grade. I’ve always rated Dagless, and he started the season well, but his second half of the season was poor.

Despite having an improved number of posters in this bracket, I think it could be better. Outside of maybe Tarkyn_24, none of them looked like pushing into a higher bracket. The solution? Posting with more depth. Getting more posters into this bracket and up into the higher brackets. Serious problems at the Hawks.

F Grade

fabulousfill
scaryness
TheMidRunner
WaLkEr_ThE_StAr
DeeWong6996
Mouseh
Lunchlady Doris
HawkAussie
Pie in the Sky
ryan_seb
@bombersno1 / @parkerno1
GutsyBug
wce_all_da_way
@AmazingBombers
Atley

There is a fair bit of quality in this bracket, which is disappointing. Not much can be said outside of the fact that there are posters in here that could be in the higher brackets, and could be helping the club out, but haven’t. They need to get posting. They need to start caring, the Hawks are in trouble and they need all hands on deck. GutsyBug in particular is a noticeable absentee, with a huge Season 17, and looked every bit a future leader, but was only sighted in 2 match threads this year.

Something needs to give here.

Overall Grade

D

In the modern world of education, D’s are given out instead of F’s as there is concern that there are too many negative connotations with failing. It’s kinder on the students to give them a D. And that’s how I feel about the Hawks. A powerhouse of the competition is close to being on it’s knees. They need an injection of fresh blood. They need some passion from those in the lower brackets. They need people firing up in match threads, getting some mongrel into their match threads. Something. Anything.

Trouble.

Until next time.
What about me?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back