State of Origin QLD state of origin team application

Should Queensland have its own State of Origin team?

• Yes - They absolutely deserve their own team

• No - I'm a sissy cry baby who doesn't like change

• Queenslander!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Kennedy Parker update on application progress please?
We'll be going ahead with the 5-team format for this year and keep an eye on the necessity for a Queensland standalone team for the next series.

After a poor display in terms of engagement in the previous series, the priority for now is to recover some momentum for the concept of SoO itself. The prospect of a Queensland standalone team has only really popped up in the space of the last few days just weeks out from the series start. Making last minute changes to the structure isn't the best way to go about that.

Over the offseason, we'll look to establish a State of Origin subcommittee, take a look at how this series goes, discuss if there's an engaged, consistent Queensland presence in the SFA demography to justify splitting the Allies up next year.

We'll be going ahead with the 5-team format for this year and keep an eye on the necessity for a Queensland standalone team for the next series.

After a poor display in terms of engagement in the previous series, the priority for now is to recover some momentum for the concept of SoO itself. The prospect of a Queensland standalone team has only really popped up in the space of the last few days just weeks out from the series start. Making last minute changes to the structure isn't the best way to go about that.

Over the offseason, we'll look to establish a State of Origin subcommittee, take a look at how this series goes, discuss if there's an engaged, consistent Queensland presence in the SFA demography to justify splitting the Allies up next year.
This is a poor result for a dedicated QLD contingent. There is plenty of time to facilitate the necessary changes before the beginning of the next series.

The numbers provided indicate that a 6th team is viable as it does not condemn the Allies to being unable to field a team.

This is a poor result for a dedicated QLD contingent. There is plenty of time to facilitate the necessary changes before the beginning of the next series.

The numbers provided indicate that a 6th team is viable as it does not condemn the Allies to being unable to field a team.
It's not a matter of just being able to field a team. 5 states fielded a team last time around, the problem was a lot of people within those teams weren't all that interested in the concept.

The standard isn't merely viability in what's supposed to be a representative comp.

Friendship ended with QUEENSLAND. 😪

Now ALLIES is my best friend. 😎

It's funny I think our first game ever together was for NSW/ACT when we won SOO, I hadn't even joined the Dragons yet.

Now we're Allies (although I think there's a lot of interest so I may not be onfield).

It's funny I think our first game ever together was for NSW/ACT when we won SOO, I hadn't even joined the Dragons yet.

Now we're Allies (although I think there's a lot of interest so I may not be onfield).

You might get a game if you impress the Selectors in Training Camp

You might get a game if you impress the Selectors in Training Camp

I've done enough. More than happy to either be full forward finally or just wear a scarf.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just looking back at it now. I simmed it and got accused of cheating. 🤣

I love this place.

Just looking back at it now. I simmed it and got accused of cheating. 🤣

I love this place.

Episode 4 Sacrifice GIF by BET Plus

A little disappointing.

The Allies have double the posters needed for a team, yet Vic Country is assured a spot and just scrapes a team together by the looks of it.

crap to not make this work.

A little disappointing.

The Allies have double the posters needed for a team, yet Vic Country is assured a spot and just scrapes a team together by the looks of it.

crap to not make this work.

I'm a furriner, I Dont Care where you put me in the SOO.

It's not like we can field a team of Americans.

Umm...NSW

I'm sorry, my Oz English is, how you say? Inelegant.

I was referring to the "establishment" you mentioned, and perhaps mistakenly assumed it was an example of the "Victorian (state) bias" I've read about.

Back