State of Origin State of Origin - Series XVIII [2023] - Expressions of Interest

Remove this Banner Ad

Ah yes, diluted talent pools, changing structures on the fly, allowing people to swap states and treat the concept like a mickey mouse comp was what killed SoO in Season 19 and took 8 seasons to revive.

How "short sided" of me.

Seriously, if people want to see a Queensland team then the engagement for the Allies would need to be so strong that it's justified to split it up. Putting your name on a list in the span of two days is not evidence of engagement. Same applies to potential NSWACT, international teams etc.

Some people aren't interested in playing for the Allies, that's fine. More than enough people who are.
I'm sure we can find enough NSW players given it's been done before. It just requires a little bit of effort.

Ah yes, diluted talent pools, changing structures on the fly, allowing people to swap states and treat the concept like a mickey mouse comp was what killed SoO in Season 19 and took 8 seasons to revive.

How "short sided" of me.

Seriously, if people want to see a Queensland team then the engagement for the Allies would need to be so strong that it's justified to split it up. Putting your name on a list in the span of two days is not evidence of engagement. Same applies to potential NSWACT, international teams etc.

Some people aren't interested in playing for the Allies, that's fine. More than enough people who are.
I can understand your stance, but there is still a case to consider it also.

I reckon Qlder's have been showing more interest then, WA, SA and Vic metro sides as it Stands now, but we don't want them kicked out for not being interested in the SofO.

Hopefully it is something we can at least try to implement next time. And I say that knowing that a Qld side should only be accepted if the Allies side can still field a side.

I'll keep up speaking in favour of a Qld side for the future.

And I say that knowing that a Qld side should only be accepted if the Allies side can still field a side.
I don't agree with this. The Allies shouldn't be in state of origin to begin with. Surely it's not that hard to go on a recruitment drive.

I can understand your stance, but there is still a case to consider it also.

I reckon Qlder's have been showing more interest then, WA, SA and Vic metro sides as it Stands now, but we don't want them kicked out for not being interested in the SofO.

Hopefully it is something we can at least try to implement next time. And I say that knowing that a Qld side should only be accepted if the Allies side can still field a side.

I'll keep up speaking in favour of a Qld side for the future.
The immediate interest for QLD is geneated because of the push for a QLD team. The states you listed would be just as active if that push was required from them.

I think a QLD team would be great as long as the Allies would be able to have a team without QLD.
Going on about the QLD numbers won't get them in though. You need to prove Allies can still be supported for QLD to get their own team otherwise you're just leaving those left over with no possibility of taking part.

The immediate interest for QLD is geneated because of the push for a QLD team. The states you listed would be just as active if that push was required from them.

I think a QLD team would be great as long as the Allies would be able to have a team without QLD.
Going on about the QLD numbers won't get them in though. You need to prove Allies can still be supported for QLD to get their own team otherwise you're just leaving those left over with no possibility of taking part.

You are wise beyond your years, Rook

This QLD thing ? Is it coming from VICS who have moved north and now identify as QLDers to real born in QLDers ?

I live in QLD now but still consider myself a VIC.
Most of us are Qld'ers I believe.

One or two may have consider themselves Queenslanders ever since they started in the Sweet FA.

Also need to seriously factor in that there's half a dozen already previously aligned to other states.

If you haven't been Allies, you can't be Queensland. End of story.

This QLD thing ? Is it coming from VICS who have moved north and now identify as QLDers to real born in QLDers ?

I twice lived in Victoria (thank goodness, otherwise my nose would be plastered across my face now), however I have lived longer in Qld than Victoria.
Queenslander!!!!!!!

If you haven't been Allies, you can't be Queensland. End of story.

Samuel L Jackson Reaction GIF by Coming to America

noun
plural noun: allies

1. a state formally cooperating with another for a military or other purpose.
    "debate continued among NATO allies"

Who's co-operating here?

A bit of both

I was born in Melbourne … BUT played Qooty for the first time as a Queenslander

This eligibility criteria works well for The Maroons in rugba league

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Phar Ace - will you please represent The Allies in the upcoming SOO?

We want ALL Queenslanders to get involved
All good - appreciated the invite, it's not on my radar just at the minute. BUT if there was a Qld team I'd be happy to assist get it off the ground. If my interest in being in a Qld team stymies there being an Allies team as well, I'll withdraw. Nothing against Allies, just not motivated. I'll cheer them on though!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back