SummerSlam 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

I will take a stab and say Rollins will win and then drop the Heavyweight title to Orton at Night of Champions with unfortunatly a cash in by Sheamus to claim the title. Rollins will then go on to fued with Cesaro for the US title.

The Rock has to make an appearance if they're going to keep stoking the fire of Rock/HHH or Rock/Rousey vs HHH/Steph.

It still doesn't increase my interest in this show by a single percentage point.

But that's not to say this show isn't interesting!

This is the first time I'd opened this thread. When I stopped watching WWE (sans NXT) for a couple of months after WM, I always said I'd be back for Summerslam. I ended up coming back a couple of weeks early when Lesnar came back early, and have missed a couple of Raws since then (and after coming back for Lesnar, didn't actually watch Battleground...)

But the reason I ignored this thread is because BF seems to be, as a group, extraordinarily negative on the current product. For example, there was a Raw about 3-4 weeks ago that was actually pretty good (albeit by the current low standards) - when I read the comments on here, everyone was still slamming it.

I think this board has gone beyond the ability to be objective. I think we're all feeding into each others disdain for the company which is making it less enjoyable for all of us - "we" come here to bag the show/product/wrestler, purely because we know that's going to be the prevailing opinion. (I started wondering about this around Wrestlemania, as I'd read person after person - including myself - bagging that show, before reading and hearing glowing reports elsewhere on the internet)

I honestly don't know what they could've done to make this card any better. Lesnar vs Undertaker is a really hot rematch, and that brawl a couple of weeks ago was a killer (maybe that's the good ep I was referring to above?). I'm far from a fan of Cena, as you'll know if you've ever read my posts - but since WM he's been awesome, and the match with Rollins could/should be a genuine 4 star + match. Cesaro and Owens will be awesome, with both wrestling a style that we apparently all love, and undoubtedly doing everything they can to steal the show to make WWE take notice - I expect they'll get at least 15 minutes on a 4 hour show. And while I think (and hope) there's a lot more entertaining stuff to come from the divas, I think this will be a pretty good match to set the scene - I think the Bellas are going to get wiped out and start creating a laundry list of contenders before the "diva warfare explodes" after Survivor Series.

Don't get me wrong - if I sign up for the Network next week, it will be for Takeover moreso than Summerslam. And no, this isn't an amazing show.

I guess what I'm really trying to say though is that if this is a show that you're so prepared to s**t on given the line up, I question why you'd still be watching WWE. I understand that we're creatures of habit and creatures of hope; I've spent the last 3 years being able to see how much better it could potentially be and waiting for them to see it too.

But how much better could it potentially be than this card given the current roster?

They aren't about to promote Balor/Itami/Breeze/Joe and give them the WWE belt straight away, so what do you want? What do you want to see to make this better, and for you to be excited about the show?

Because even as negative as I get on WWE - if you're shitting on this line up, I would suggest you can probably just give up on WWE, because I reckon this line up is about as good as it could possibly be given the current roster (unless you're desperately holding out for Bryan... in which case you might be waiting a while.)

I blame E92_ ..................

I'm praying for three pedigrees, outside interference and a successful Pheonix splash all for Cena to lock him in the STF and tap out. Unlike other guys, Rollins deserves to lose to Cena. He's been given more than enough time and quite frankly he's been a terrible champ. To not have one memorable moment in a six month title reign is pathetic.

Agree - I have not brought into Rollins as Champion at all. Weak Champ

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rollins vs Cena should have been a ladder match

Nup.

I keep trying to think of ways they're going to fill up 4 hours. The Rock alone isn't enough, even with another 30 minute segment. There has to be something else.

I'm also trying to think of ways they're going to keep the belts separate, because I don't believe they want to combine them, and I don't believe Sheamus is anything like hot enough to take the belt.

My prediction?

We're getting a one hour draw this week. They've already pinched so much of this storyline from ROH and Jay Lethal already... why not give us an hour draw like ROH just did with Lethal and Roderick Strong?

I kind of fell out of the tipping competition because I wasn't watching the PPVs, but if I were still involved I'd absolutely be tipping the time limit draw. It's been so damn long since they did one in a title match I couldn't even tell you when it was. Has WWE ever done one in the short attention span era? (lets say mid-90s onwards)

Nup.

I keep trying to think of ways they're going to fill up 4 hours. The Rock alone isn't enough, even with another 30 minute segment. There has to be something else.

I'm also trying to think of ways they're going to keep the belts separate, because I don't believe they want to combine them, and I don't believe Sheamus is anything like hot enough to take the belt.

My prediction?

We're getting a one hour draw this week. They've already pinched so much of this storyline from ROH and Jay Lethal already... why not give us an hour draw like ROH just did with Lethal and Roderick Strong?

I kind of fell out of the tipping competition because I wasn't watching the PPVs, but if I were still involved I'd absolutely be tipping the time limit draw. It's been so damn long since they did one in a title match I couldn't even tell you when it was. Has WWE ever done one in the short attention span era? (lets say mid-90s onwards)
Only thing I say to this is, is there even such a thing in the WWE as a time limit draw? It would come out of absolutely nowhere since it has never been mentioned in the year and a half since I've been back watching, and I doubt it has been mentioned for the past decade apart from Ironman matches. It would be an extremely strange decision that would be anticlimactic at best.

Only thing I say to this is, is there even such a thing in the WWE as a time limit draw? It would come out of absolutely nowhere since it has never been mentioned in the year and a half since I've been back watching, and I doubt it has been mentioned for the past decade apart from Ironman matches. It would be an extremely strange decision that would be anticlimactic at best.

Very, very occasionally, when they do super formal ring introductions, they'll mention the 60-minute time limit. Although now that I think about it, I can't hear Lillian Garcia saying it in my head. I can hear Howard Finkel saying it clear as a bell, which might indicate how long it's been since it was mentioned!

I'm sure though, if I went back to some of the really, really big recent title matches (WM main events, Cena/Punk at MITB, Punk/Rock at RR, Cena/Brock at SS) - I'm sure at least one or two of them would probably mention a 60 minute time limit?

Also - I think you can do an anti-climactic finish. You can't do another dq because of the schmoz last month, but I think you can do an anti-climactic finish because the title match aint gunna be going on last. And if they were to do a 1-hour draw, it wouldn't even go on second last (Stephen Amell would!)

Also - I think you can do an anti-climactic finish. You can't do another dq because of the schmoz last month, but I think you can do an anti-climactic finish because the title match aint gunna be going on last. And if they were to do a 1-hour draw, it wouldn't even go on second last (Stephen Amell would!)
This brings up something else. Could the current fan sit through a 1 hour draw and then see 2 more matches, including the main event which will be another lengthy match? Or is that just too much wrestling, where they will be burnt out even as the 1 hour match nears the end.

This brings up something else. Could the current fan sit through a 1 hour draw and then see 2 more matches, including the main event which will be another lengthy match? Or is that just too much wrestling, where they will be burnt out even as the 1 hour match nears the end.

Absolutely when the main event is Undertaker vs Brock!

And that's not going to be a lengthy match anyway. It's not going to go more than 12-14 minutes I wouldn't have thought. The PPV starts at 7pm NY time; if the bell sounds on one hour at around 10.15, you'd stick around for another 45 minutes to see Brock vs Taker wouldn't you?

I dunno, it's only a guess... but it's the only way I see them getting out of this without Cena equaling Flair's so-called 16 championships (which is actually 21... or perhaps even 22), and then immediately dropping the main belt to Sheamus.

And I'd much rather see a one-hour draw!

I thought about the 60 minute draw too. Asked my mates the same thing, if today's WWE could sit through a 60 minute match ending in a draw, and not be dead for whatever follows.

It was a resounding no to both. Today's fans would piss and moan about the entire thing if it happened. I wouldn't mind it tbh

You know... there is another way out of this...

You do exactly what happened last month. You do put the title match on last, and you have Undertaker take out Cena with a low blow.

You can run a storyline where Undertaker can appear, he can draw fans, and he doesn't have to wrestle.

Is he turning heel? Is he working for the Authority? Is he secretly working for a title shot of his own?

No... he interferes at Summerslam, the mystery plays out for a couple of months; you use some sort of Undertaker type "magic" to cost Cena the US title belt without anyone really knowing who was behind it; and then when Cena eventually gets his rematch against Rollins at Undertaker's old stomping ground of Survivor Series, Undertaker takes him out. And not just a little bit - he takes him OUT. You take the risk, you leave him out til Royal Rumble.

The story? Undertaker had to avenge the loss to Lesnar before setting up his final match against the biggest star of this generation - Undertaker NEEDS the opportunity in his final match to prove once and for all that he was, is, and will always be the phenom, leading to Undertaker vs Cena at Wrestlemania. (So Undertaker obviously takes Cena out again when he returns at RR... maybe Cena is a surprise entrant. How did Undertaker know he was going to be there? Because he's the phenom!)

I try not to fantasy book, I think it's a bit marky. But I quite like that!

I guess there are 3 really obvious drawbacks though:
- Undertaker has to beat Lesnar, which is a terrible idea.
- Taking Cena off tv for 2 months is a huge risk, and not one that I think WWE would be able to stick with if/when their holiday ratings tanked against end of season NFL and then college bowl season.
- To prevent Undertaker from proving that he was, is, and will always be the phenom - ie. to prevent him remaining the dominant wrestler forever more - he can't beat the star of the current generation. Cena would have to beat him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back