Sunderland AFC: League 1

Remove this Banner Ad

"Free agent Joleon Lescott is being lined up for a short-term deal at Sunderland, according to the Daily Mirror, after training with the club in recent days. The 34-year-old former Manchester City defender played under Sunderland manager David Moyes at Everton and was with Aston Villa when the club was relegated last season."

heck the heck off

"Free agent Joleon Lescott is being lined up for a short-term deal at Sunderland, according to the Daily Mirror, after training with the club in recent days. The 34-year-old former Manchester City defender played under Sunderland manager David Moyes at Everton and was with Aston Villa when the club was relegated last season."

**** the **** off

Think I saw Van Aanholt might be a target for Palace also - one of your best players IMO. Bit worrying when you consider Lescott could be brought in to 'shore' up the defence. Think I also saw Robbie Keane might be a target? Could be a bit of a dad's army type scenario :eek:

Daryl Murphy ex Mackem player scored his third goal in 3 games for us on the weekend. Posting for relevance :D

Think I saw Van Aanholt might be a target for Palace also - one of your best players IMO. Bit worrying when you consider Lescott could be brought in to 'shore' up the defence. Think I also saw Robbie Keane might be a target? Could be a bit of a dad's army type scenario :eek:

We aren't selling van Aanholt. If we sign Lescott then blood will be shed. If we sign Keane then we'll give Brighton our spot in the PL now and save ourselves the trouble of pretending to be a top flight side for the rest of the season.

When you go down we can post here together friend
I've still got some confidence that won't happen but I'm also aware there is a looong way to go for a team not scoring. I wouldn't mind seeing Defoe in a Boro shirt. Though we'd probably starve him of service and leave him a spectator.

first time I've seen NUFC Tiger troll in my time on BF :D

Knew the Mackems would bring it out of him.

Man, I was trying to post without any bias. :p

giphy.gif

Thought I was getting the hang of it too. :(

Man, I was trying to post without any bias. :p

giphy.gif

Thought I was getting the hang of it too. :(

A reminder guys. The team boards are meant to be for fans of that team only. If you are going to post in that thread you must show respect.

Sorry, I must have missed that. Had something in my eye...

Here's something more relevant. :)

Joleon-Lescott-581477.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reported for offensive imagery.

Also, looking at this video, if/when we go down, we're in deep s**t:

That is equally interesting (from a off field perspective) but also concerning...

The thing I've never understood with our clubs (though thankfully, the Toon seemed to have reigned in a bit in recent years) is the big wages paid to (normally) overrated hacks who fail to produce performances fitting of their salaries.

Short wants to sell the club doesn't he? If those figures are accurate, he must be trying to cut his losses (wiping 100m off the debt to pay back to him).

If you guys do eventually go down (though I suspect we'll see yet another Houdini escape act), you'd want to hope some tycoon comes in to help ensure the club doesn't suffer any crippling losses.

That is equally interesting (from a off field perspective) but also concerning...

The thing I've never understood with our clubs (though thankfully, the Toon seemed to have reigned in a bit in recent years) is the big wages paid to (normally) overrated hacks who fail to produce performances fitting of their salaries.

Short wants to sell the club doesn't he? If those figures are accurate, he must be trying to cut his losses (wiping 100m off the debt to pay back to him).

If you guys do eventually go down (though I suspect we'll see yet another Houdini escape act), you'd want to hope some tycoon comes in to help ensure the club doesn't suffer any crippling losses.

In regards to the salaries, Boro have been like that too in giving stupid amounts of money to s**t house players (Alves anyone?).

He does want to sell the club but it'll probably be a Villa situation were we won't get a buyer unless we get relegated and they don't have to spend so much buying a s**t house PL club.

I think Houdini won't be getting out of this box, unfortunately. We're doomed as a top flight club (for now...). Main thing is investment once we go down, which I think we'll get through a new owner.

In regards to the salaries, Boro have been like that too in giving stupid amounts of money to s**t house players (Alves anyone?).
To be fair, we've reigned it in significantly in the last few years. Partly because we haven't had the money and partly because we have have put rules in place to make sure we don't pay over the odds. Apparently.

He does want to sell the club but it'll probably be a Villa situation were we won't get a buyer unless we get relegated and they don't have to spend so much buying a s**t house PL club.

I think Houdini won't be getting out of this box, unfortunately. We're doomed as a top flight club (for now...). Main thing is investment once we go down, which I think we'll get through a new owner.

I wonder if it's something to do with being northern clubs? Maybe it's considered less desirable/attractive to live in the north and so the wages need to be more to add some lure to prospective targets?

With both the Manchester and Merseyside clubs being relatively strong teams with regular continental competition participation more often than not, they have those strings to help. Can't really say the same for our lot sadly.

I wonder if it's something to do with being northern clubs? Maybe it's considered less desirable/attractive to live in the north and so the wages need to be more to add some lure to prospective targets?

With both the Manchester and Merseyside clubs being relatively strong teams with regular continental competition participation more often than not, they have those strings to help. Can't really say the same for our lot sadly.

With us being Northern clubs, it doesn't help at all getting players. Still, even Wigan wouldn't pay the wages we do for some s**t trucks. I think in our cases it's more so s**t owners. Man United missed out on Ronaldinho under SAF at their peak because of the living factor. Liverpool missed out on Sanchez to Arsenal because of London.

With us being Northern clubs, it doesn't help at all getting players. Still, even Wigan wouldn't pay the wages we do for some s**t trucks. I think in our cases it's more so s**t owners. Man United missed out on Ronaldinho under SAF at their peak because of the living factor. Liverpool missed out on Sanchez to Arsenal because of London.

Ah well, I suppose the PL has the advantage of big tv money for wages to try and overcome the lifestyle concerns. Though, even Payet living in destination London on big coin shows that perhaps that isn't even enough either for us smaller clubs.

Given the heatwave sweeping the land, you might actually be cooler doing that!

Not gonna lie, an encore of the 8-0 result would be quite amusing!

I wish I had a counter argument. But much like our attack, I got nothing. I still had faith until the Palace game, when it waivered. Then after about 70 minutes at Stoke when we were not getting anywhere near goal and we decided to shake it up a bit by ..... swapping a mid for a mid .... it's all over. See you next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back