2nds Swans Reserves 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

I know he's a topup but Wachman in space missing an open Foote in space with a simple kick was hard to watch

Nah. I see that on 7 Mate every Swans game multiple times.

Here's the cupboard

B: H.Marsh, A.Davis, N.Foster
HB: L.Maples, A.Aliir, N.Newman
C: J.Hiscox, J.Rose, D.Towers
HF: J.Kelly, S.McLaren, L.Perris
F: J.Brown, S.Krochmal, J.Campbell
Foll: T.Derickx, J.Foote, B.McGlynn

Int: Z.Fyffe, W.Taylor, J.Wachman, S.Wilson
empty-cupboard.jpg

That's the most optimistic post from you in some time. was expecting a completely bare cupboard
Towers is the completely empty jar on the bottom shelf

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SYDNEY SWANS
Goal Kickers: J. Brown , S. Wilson , N. Newman , Z. Fyffe , S. McLaren , S. Krochmal
Best Players: , L. Perris , N. Newman , T. Derickx , A. Aliir , J. Rose , A. Davis

No McGlynn in the best either, that is not good. We need him playing well so that he can slot back into the side before finals.

I think that best list is fair if you had to pick out the nominal best six - apart from Rose, i didn't think he played at all well. They all had more influence on the games than the other listed players but only two of them - Perris and Davis - I'd say had decent games.

Newman I've seen be far more damaging amd thought he was ineffective, Aliir athletically is very solid and can rebound decently but still has problems reading the flight of the ball as the extra man and I don't trust that he could compete in terms of strength with genuine AFL forwards at this stage.

McGlynn tried hard as he always does but just didn't quite get the luck of a few bounces and muffed a few disposals, I'd give him at least one more full NEAFL game before promoting him. It seemed like he was a touch rusty.

I think that best list is fair if you had to pick out the nominal best six - apart from Rose, i didn't think he played at all well. They all had more influence on the games than the other listed players but only two of them - Perris and Davis - I'd say had decent games.

Newman I've seen be far more damaging amd thought he was ineffective, Aliir athletically is very solid and can rebound decently but still has problems reading the flight of the ball as the extra man and I don't trust that he could compete in terms of strength with genuine AFL forwards at this stage.

McGlynn tried hard as he always does but just didn't quite get the luck of a few bounces and muffed a few disposals, I'd give him at least one more full NEAFL game before promoting him. It seemed like he was a touch rusty.

I thought Rose's effort was fantastic. His disposal was very shoddy (hardly alone there), but he hit packs hard and ran all day. I thought he and Davis had very similar games tbh. Davis has really pleasantly surprised me, watching him last year filling in key position roles I was really underwhelmed, but he's taken to the midfield like a duck to water and could prove quite valuable if he keeps developing the way he is.

McGlynn had no disposals or marks in the last quarter. Possible he was taken off but hard to notice because the footage last quarter was frame by frame.
Newman 11 disposals in the last. 15 contested possessions in total.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back