News Swans Talk in the Media: 2016 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buddy playing more time in the midfield? Lock him in for goal-of-the-year now! He'll burst from the congestion on half-back, take 3 bounces galloping down the wing whilst burning off 6 chasing opposition players then slot it from 65 out on the boundary. Topped off of course with his standard arms-outstretched salute to the adoring SCG faithful.

Buddy playing more time in the midfield? Lock him in for goal-of-the-year now! He'll burst from the congestion on half-back, take 3 bounces galloping down the wing whilst burning off 6 chasing opposition players then slot it from 65 out on the boundary. Topped off of course with his standard arms-outstretched salute to the adoring SCG faithful.
If it's at the SCG all that needs to happen is Tippett tapping it down to him in the middle and he boots it through the sticks from there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I notice in that article we got "a handful of extra points". Yep. 17. And it cost us Craig Bird as well.

You wish they'd mention all the facts, instead of just trying to make us look like we rorted the system.

The bias is hard to swallow isn't it.

Shouldn't be surprised at in now considering how hard they tried to make us the antagonists over the last few years, and it has worked.

Thank god for Emma Quayle. Andrew Ireland is right on the money, the current system allows other clubs to trade their way up the draft order and they claim that it gives us an advantage?! I know we aren't supposed to use it any more but I think this calls for a WTFDWFT!

"A lot of the deals done were actually generated or promoted by teams wanting to trade to the front of the draft," said Sydney chief executive Andrew Ireland.

"Clearly clubs like ours who needed the points were happy to do the deal, but those deals don't happen unless someone else thinks being at the front of the draft is of benefit to them.

"They made the judgment call to get involved in those trades and I don't see any of them complaining. It's a new system and I think it needs to be left alone for a while."

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...-to-draft-bidding-system-20160308-gnduwu.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back