Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m feeling slight second hand embarrassment about how much the Swans social media is pumping out the Gulden re-signing content. I’m as happy as anyone but it’s…a lot.

He's one of the best prospects we've ever had come through the club, he was 3rd in the Brownlow as a 21 year old and won the Bob Skilton. I think it's worth the fanfare.

11April24: Errol re-signs New
A little daily media special - all on Errol re-signing

Last edited:

A little daily media special - all on Errol re-signing

Should be captain by next year.

I’m feeling slight second hand embarrassment about how much the Swans social media is pumping out the Gulden re-signing content. I’m as happy as anyone but it’s…a lot.
I really enjoyed the little "road to" video. By the end of his career this kid could end up being up there with Skilton and Goodes as the greatest Bloods. He's confident but humble.
Knocked back a ten year contract. By the sound of it didn't think twice.

"I just want to win as many premierships as I can. If we can win four or five premierships, I'll be pretty happy," he said.

I love this boy. 😍

If he can convince the team to turn up for a grand final he may be the GOAT.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only a small thing, but it's a quiet day.

At about 15:00 - King says he wouldn't give up 2 first round picks for Errol.

I know, as a North supporter, he probably assumes a first round pick means pick 1 or 2 but it still seems like a bizarre take.

Only a small thing, but it's a quiet day.

At about 15:00 - King says he wouldn't give up 2 first round picks for Errol.

I know as a North supporter, he probably assumes a first round pick means pick 1 or 2, but it still seems like a bizarre take.

I was just listening to this and don't think his take is as bad as it can come across in isolation. His argument was that key position players like Jeremy Cameron are far more worth two first rounders than a midfielder (for the record he also said he wouldn't give up two picks for JHF or Wardlaw) because the incremental gain amongst midfielders isn't quite worth it.

I was just listening to this and don't think his take is as bad as it can come across in isolation. His argument was that key position players like Jeremy Cameron are far more worth two first rounders than a midfielder (for the record he also said he wouldn't give up two picks for JHF or Wardlaw) because the incremental gain amongst midfielders isn't quite worth it.
He can spin it anyway he likes, but I think Gulden is easily worth two first round picks if he was available.

He can spin it anyway he likes, but I think Gulden is easily worth two first round picks if he was available.

I don't think he was spinning anything. He was making a general point about midfielders and Cornes threw up Gulden's name.

I don't think he was spinning anything. He was making a general point about midfielders and Cornes threw up Gulden's name.
(Can't believe we are arguing about this)

Saying no midfielder is worth 2 first round picks is just a bad take. Bontempelli? Daicos? Gulden? Harley Reid?. I could name about 20 others.

(Can't believe we are arguing about this)

Saying no midfielder is worth 2 first round picks is just a bad take. Bontempelli? Daicos? Gulden? Harley Reid?. I could name about 20 others.

Me clarifying what he said so you aren't misrepresenting him isn't arguing.

His point was how often have high cost deals for midfielders worked out, and that the incremental gains are often not worth it. I'm also pretty sure he didn't say any first round picks because a first round pick can extend into the 20s.

Me clarifying what he said so you aren't misrepresenting him isn't arguing.

His point was how often have high cost deals for midfielders worked out, and that the incremental gains are often not worth it. I'm also pretty sure he didn't say any first round picks because a first round pick can extend into the 20s.

Cornes asked 'would give up two first round picks for Errol Gulden?'.

King said no.

I don't know what I am misrepresenting.

Cornes asked 'would give up two first round picks for Errol Gulden?'.

King said no.

I don't know what I am misrepresenting.

Yeah ok.

Can you name any deals for midfielders that have worked out?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back