News Swans Talk in the Media Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imagine passing on pick 2 these days.:eek::eek::eek:

Just for clarification, that was the pre-season draft.

FWIW of the 36 players that were picked up in that PSD, 6 went on to have 100+ game careers at their new clubs, including a certain Tyson Edwards (pick 21).

Of the 3 recycled players Smith mentioned, Ross Lyon played 2 at Brisbane, Mark Fraser 65 at Essendon and Simon Atkins 41 at Fitzroy.

Being as he puts it "short of one player"( the 42nd on the list), when we paid Lockett and Roos big money, even in hindsight, doesn't seem a bad strategy to me. And indeed not that dissimilar to our current list management.

The faux outrage in Patrick Smith articles hasn't changed much over the years either.

Just for clarification, that was the pre-season draft.

FWIW of the 36 players that were picked up in that PSD, 6 went on to have 100+ game careers at their new clubs, including a certain Tyson Edwards (pick 21).

Of the 3 recycled players Smith mentioned, Ross Lyon played 2 at Brisbane, Mark Fraser 65 at Essendon and Simon Atkins 41 at Fitzroy.

Being as he puts it "short of one player"( the 42nd on the list), when we paid Lockett and Roos big money, even in hindsight, doesn't seem a bad strategy to me. And indeed not that dissimilar to our current list management.

The faux outrage in Patrick Smith articles hasn't changed much over the years either.

Thanks for the clarification.

1995 we supposedly sold the kitchen sink and our club was in ruins and a year later we played off in a GF.
2013 we supposedly sold the kitchen sink...a year later we played off in a GF.

Apparently (like today) the AFL stepping in saved us from ourselves. (From the rest of the article)

That must've been the pre-season draft if they're talking about current players.

Salary cap of $2.3m and around $450k p.a. Wow.

Worth every cent but you're right, WOW.

2 players taking up almost 40% of the salary cap, you'd think Kels would have been on fair coin too.

3 players taking up half the cap?

In the afl.com's article "Your club's Christmas wish list" http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-12-25/aflcomaus-christmas-wish-list , writer, Peter Ryan states, "the competition reels when it becomes obvious the Swans have two of the League's best players on their radar for 2017". Does anyone know who he is referring to, or have I miss-understood this? Was he referring to two of the players previously mentioned?

“One day, I’ll have a baby and this (body) will create a human. Once you appreciate that, then you become more accepting and respectful of yourself.”

I don't like this kind of talk. It should be

“One day, I’ll have a baby and this (body) will create a future Sydney Swans player. Once you appreciate that, then you become more accepting and respectful of yourself.”

http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...n/news-story/175ecae5da6e8b3a6176934ee06aaec6

Screenshot_2015-12-30-16-10-57.png

I particularly like the bit where the AFL have rewritten history to conclude the Hawks won the 2012 flag. Sometimes no matter how much you say it, no matter how much you want something to be true, it isn't... Isn't that right Gil? Adrian? Eddie? Derm? Jason?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back