Tac cup 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Any comments from the weekends practice matches? It would be close to list finalisation time. I think preseason testing this or next weekend in Melbourne....

Testing is this saturday...

Stingers have finalised their list and play a praccy against Gippy on the 18th March. Will let every know how it goes.

Testing is this saturday...

Stingers have finalised their list and play a praccy against Gippy on the 18th March. Will let every know how it goes.

Thanks Raymann, there might be some interesting names missing from the Pioneers list......They're in for another slog of a year from the whispers I've heard...Lots of new names and a couple who could/should have returned from last year didnt....

Was at knights v cannons game. Knights were very very good and Calder looked rusty. Knights though had made final cuts while Calder hadn't. Calder will struggle to beat knights round 1 though their good players were having their first hit out.

Daniel Jackson from Gippsland Power got 16.9 in the beep test today.

I heard Lachie Whitfield got 16.2

Anthony Tipungwuti got 11.4, but tested well in the speed and agility 8.180.

Was at knights v cannons game. Knights were very very good and Calder looked rusty. Knights though had made final cuts while Calder hadn't. Calder will struggle to beat knights round 1 though their good players were having their first hit out.

How did the EDFL guys go ? Wanted to get to that game.
The mail is Calder have abundance of good forwards

How did the EDFL guys go ? Wanted to get to that game.
The mail is Calder have abundance of good forwards

Plowman was terrific Abdullah Gemmill Ratcliffe and Morrison all looked ok but forwards didn't really gel and delivery of ball was poor.

Plowman was terrific Abdullah Gemmill Ratcliffe and Morrison all looked ok but forwards didn't really gel and delivery of ball was poor.

Young billy Morrison has the potential to go quiet a far way, he is only 16, turns 17 next month.. I know him personally and he has set his heart and mind to thriving for success.
For his hieght he can move, and his ability in the Ruck is just magic. I watche him play in the practice match against the eastern rangers nd his work load was superb. Won almost every hit out.
Hope he can go far..

Praccy Match news, Rebels beat Falcons by about 9 goals at Eureka Stadium in Ballarat today.

Always hard to judge a team in the pre-season though, no matter what the level.

I've written off the old 'no flooding in the TAC Cup' principle after last season to be honest. It might still be official policy or sitting in some unread mission statement in a locked drawer somewhere, but it was rampant last year, and pretty much every team did it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bushies played Pioneers at Epsom Sunday, pretty even game till half time, then Bushies ran away with it. Couple of interesting spectators, should have been playing for Bendigo. Usual suspects for Pioneers, Wines, Heavyside were good, Marchesi in the backline looked solid, ruck stocks looked average as May played in the early game, might be the same old story for the Pioneers this year i'm afraid.......

Took in the Calder v Northern game this morning. Even though they lost, I was impressed with a big redheaded kid for the Knights. Cameron Conlon. Took some strong marks, and a couple of nice big kicks for goals. One to watch. Does anyone kno much more about him?

Took in the Calder v Northern game this morning. Even though they lost, I was impressed with a big redheaded kid for the Knights. Cameron Conlon. Took some strong marks, and a couple of nice big kicks for goals. One to watch. Does anyone kno much more about him?

Yeah I watched this game as well, his first quarter was comical how bad he started, and then he just went bang, started to take big contested marks, showing he was a reliable kick, etc.

Definite Steve O'Dwyer lookalike.

Love the look of Darcy Bailey from Calder, the little red head. Jayden Walker looks a beauty too, big tall forward, draftable next season.

Watched the chargers vs eastern match followed by the jets vs sandy. Chargers dominated all day, and young gun Luke Mcdonald was a stand out. Kristian Jacksh and small number 6 (i think) with dark skin were bright. Jets dominated all day, but got beaten on the line. David Iaccarino stood out for jets, along with Harley Walshe, Jake McKenzie, Josh Bench and Sam Critchley. Sandy had stand outs from Christian Salem, Tom Temay and a bloke named 'MANGO' were the major stand outs.

yeah i also went down to visy to watch the games yesterday, having a good look at oakleigh vs eastern i was impressed from ranges no9 Nathan Mill who played his first game back from serious back injury last year and was their best player by a country mile, one to watch this season!!

Watched the chargers vs eastern match followed by the jets vs sandy. Chargers dominated all day, and young gun Luke Mcdonald was a stand out. Kristian Jacksh and small number 6 (i think) with dark skin were bright. Jets dominated all day, but got beaten on the line. David Iaccarino stood out for jets, along with Harley Walshe, Jake McKenzie, Josh Bench and Sam Critchley. Sandy had stand outs from Christian Salem, Tom Temay and a bloke named 'MANGO' were the major stand outs.

Will be interesting to see how he goes in the championships this season as an underager, he's played consistently above his age group his entire junior career, so I suspect he will be a standout, I'd hate to see what he'd do to the TAC Cup as a top ager finally playing with those his same age, but I'd hazard a guess he will be playing VFL next year.....

Lets start this thread by predicting the ladder position for 2012?

1. Calder
Dragons
3. Stingrays
Knights
5. Falcons
6. Chargers
7. Power
8. Rangers

------------------------
9. Rebels
10. Jets
11. Pioneers
12. Bushrangers
Power looked better than 7th yesterday ! or Stingrays are not in the hunt?

Stingrays with Whitfield and Pongracic are a different proposition to the side when those two blokes are on AIS duty. I know Gippy had Membrey out too, but I don't think that really evens things up very much.

Stingrays with Whitfield and Pongracic are a different proposition to the side when those two blokes are on AIS duty. I know Gippy had Membrey out too, but I don't think that really evens things up very much.

Don't forget Nathan Wright who was in the ais best on Thursday.

Stingrays appear to be under done. Most clubs have had 4 praccys. The rays have had 2. Got smashed in the middle yesterday and lost their structure up forward. I thought Shannon Lange was best on for gippy. For those who are looking for a couple of kpps, Deery was good and Morrison was stingrays best by a street.

Back from the double header, Knights won by 50 something, after running away in the third quarter, whilst the Dragons beat Western by about the same, but being completely dominant throughout.

First point - Game 1 saw the worst display of field umpire bouncing I have ever seen, it got to the point where players weren't even leaving the lines of the centre square, because they knew it was going to be recalled.

Northern are a very good football side, even missing Corr, Vlastuin and Haynes due to AIS duty. Hrovat (sneakily wearing #55 and not #3 as is advertised) must have got double figure clearances. Ballard has brilliant foot skills, so polished. Conlan impressed again, especially in the first half.

Eastern didn't show too much. I think Tim Jones can be a bit of a player, same as Mill. Edwards did his ACL btw courtesy of two non playing Eastern players talking whilst in the line at the canteen.

Macrae for the Dragons is like a left footed Steve Johnson. He is quality. I'm not sure how Prowse didn't get at least rookie listed.

Western were not good. Nastasi had 16 touches at half time, but butchered it. He hit his intended target 2 times directly. #33 for Western looks like Andrew McKay.

Started a new thread for round 2 discussion in general (otherwise the whole season will end up in here!), but it's worth noting that while the centre bounces in the first game were disgusting, there was one ump in particular in the second whose bouncing was an absolute work of art. Ball after ball after ball, going straight up in the air, no tumbling, exactly where he wanted it to go. It got to the point where he was even bouncing it at ballups around the ground, the show-off. Best centre bounce work I've seen for years even in the AFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back