Tapatalk - To be removed between now and the end of Trade Period 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Reasons were given for why it's changed.

As a third party app it was never a guaranteed feature of this particular forum so I am not sure why people have such a sense of entitlement about it.

It was only ever added under sufferance in the first place, after people who used it on other forums asked for the functionality to be available here.

I'd pay $5 for a tapatalk BF membership.

$20 is a bit steep for a gold membership I know nothing about nor have much interest in.

I'd just like to be able to log in and post fun tt.

Perhaps this is an option that could be looked at.

Is there any intention to get TT working for free subscribers?
We've been weighing up options for a while now.

The big issue is that Tapatalk is a big drain on resources. The counter to this is that easy access like this provides more opportunities for people to post and create discussions which benefit everyone.

I think we'll arrive at a solution that costs the user a minimal amount - probably by using Tt's "BYO" standalone App with minimal ads. Plus we'll improve the mobile web site so people who can't or don't want to pay have a free, fully ad-supported option.

But we haven't made proper decisions yet.

Last edited:
Having trouble with Tapatalk today, push notifications are arriving hours after the fact. Never had this problem before. Any idea Chiefton ?

Because I was posting so much ******* gold earlier tonight, the notifications are flooding in and keeping me awake. :D Have turned them off for the meantime.
No idea mate - that's at their end.

Other than Safari, I'm curious to see whether any other iPhone users have surfed BF with less data downloaded?

I only ask because I blew like 2gb of Mobile Data in 2 and a bit weeks on the BF Mobile Site. Telstra loves me at the minute.

EDIT: Same problem as most of the other cats in here... Free account, can't login with Tapatalk.

Other than Safari, I'm curious to see whether any other iPhone users have surfed BF with less data downloaded?

I only ask because I blew like 2gb of Mobile Data in 2 and a bit weeks on the BF Mobile Site. Telstra loves me at the minute.

EDIT: Same problem as most of the other cats in here... Free account, can't login with Tapatalk.
We have a new mobile site that will be release any day now. We'll then work on shaving off the page and image weights as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

*my monthly phone bill likes this*

Your monthly mobile bill would thank you more if you got a gold membership. Then you can use tapatalk!!!!;)

Reasons were given for why it's changed.

As a third party app it was never a guaranteed feature of this particular forum so I am not sure why people have such a sense of entitlement about it.

It was only ever added under sufferance in the first place, after people who used it on other forums asked for the functionality to be available here.
I'm a bit suprised by this.

The only reason I got tapatalk was because when I visited this forum I would be bombarded by pop ups telling me bigfooty is on tapatalk.

Any way I'll wait for updates.

How are we going with making the mobile site more functional? At the moment it's almost like a miniaturised version of the full site and doesn't work well on mobiles, but I know you guys said it would be improved.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back