Expansion Tasmania Officially Granted 19th Licence

Remove this Banner Ad

The AFL are claiming that 120,000 people signed up as foundation members of a club within days of opening.

Where is their evidence? Is there a third party auditing these claims?
Yes, there is. Would you like to view the evidence yourself, or will you be inciting a rowdy mob to storm the capital instead?

The AFL are claiming that 120,000 people signed up as foundation members of a club within days of opening.

Where is their evidence? Is there a third party auditing these claims?
I’m interested to understand what would constitute evidence in your mind.

So you’re talking about the AFL engaging someone like a Big 4 on a six figure fee to say ‘yes, these names are real’?

If a consultant in a suit (whose client would be the AFL) reported that the number was legitimate, would that be enough for you?

Guys we just ticked over 150,000 foundation members which officially upgrades our membership tally from "meh" and "mediocre" to "just okay I guess". :smilev1:

1711077236814.png

The lid is well and truly off as far as I am concerned! 🙌

V8 Supercars Lol GIF by Supercars Championship

150000 is an amazing achievement.

I assume each of these members has paid $10?

$1.5M in additional cashflow for marketing etc is not an insignificant amount.
I have bought the $15 option and I am sure many others have too. Maybe up to $1.8m if I had to guess money.

Alright, I'll sign up. I was fully into Tassie getting a team back when Brett Godfrey was putting together a report, but all the bickering over the stadium and then the release of the terrible foundation jumper the other day fizzled my excitement a bit. Excited that so many people are behind it now though and that the state jumper won't actually be the jumper, so keen to contribute as it also helps the stadium getting done, via everybody seeing how much support the club is going to get.

Last edited:
I have bought the $15 option and I am sure many others have too. Maybe up to $1.8m if I had to guess money.
I spent big and went the $15 option as well. :D

Guys we just ticked over 150,000 foundation members which officially upgrades our membership tally from "meh" and "mediocre" to "just okay I guess". :smilev1:

View attachment 1935752

The lid is well and truly off as far as I am concerned! 🙌

V8 Supercars Lol GIF by Supercars Championship
That's a fantastic result, and show of support for, for the Tasmanian AFL club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's a fantastic result, and show of support for, for the Tasmanian AFL club.
It is unbelievable how much support there is for us in the football community! :cryv1: :thumbsu:

I really hope the support shown has tipped a few people's votes to a liberal majority. Normally would hate that result, but our Liberal party is quite moderate and not very far right wing. But even if Labor somehow wins, I think 150000 supporters is a clear message that the team will work and given Rebecca White's carefully worded message about the team needing to prove itself before building a stadium, she can easily point to those figures now and say it has proven itself and its time to get on with the stadium. Although I will be very nervous if she wins somehow.

It was announced back in September last year that the club launch would be in march 2024 at the beginning of the AFL season. Specific date for the launch was given early feb before the early election was even called.
I don’t think the afl organised anything but you have to admit it’s been a smart move buy the premier/ liberal party to have the election fall a few days after the afl announcement

It's not a membership, it's a sticker pack.

Sorry, I'm just laughing. A mate told me it's $10 for a sticker pack, and I said yeah but how much for the membership? He said no that's it.

Gotta love a bit of marketing spin.
Very smart business buy the afl though a huge data grab for when it comes time to sell proper memberships, and make a quick 1.5 million while doing it

It's not a membership, it's a sticker pack.

Sorry, I'm just laughing. A mate told me it's $10 for a sticker pack, and I said yeah but how much for the membership? He said no that's it.

Gotta love a bit of marketing spin.
You're just making s**t up now. There's no way you've got a mate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back