TDU 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Good to see the TDU results are actually starting to mean something as the fields get stronger each year (y)

It's a pack finish today. Porte leading the peloton with 1km to go. Ewan still in the pack, he's done well to hang on today, but doesn't have the legs to get up the front.

Evans primed in position. Gerrans there too. Impey leading Gerrans out today again, but it all goes messy with 300 metres left. Evans goes. Wow, they all go early. It's a a sprint, with no lead out men, anyone could win this. Ulissi too good, Gerrans second and Evans third.

Seems Caleb Ewan crashed with 3km's to go, was in a good position too and had told his team car via radio he was feeling good enough to contest the finish.

Seems Caleb Ewan crashed with 3km's to go, was in a good position too and had told his team car via radio he was feeling good enough to contest the finish.

Yea I think he was involved in the crash at the roundabout in Aldgate. I was at the roundabout the first time the riders passed and people were standing on it waiting for the riders. A pretty good spot to get a great photo but just stupid as the riders are flying when they hit the roundabout (a sharp and straight descent just before) and many go straight across (which is actually the safest route). Seemed like the police controlling the area had told the people to get off but they hadn't listened and it wasn't until the race traffic controller came through in a car that they finally cleared the roundabout.

Just amazes me that so many people genuinely thought it would be safe for them to stand on the roundabout.

Stage 3 Preview.
Today's stage takes us from Norwood to Campbelltown and includes a climb at Montacute up the Corkscrew road. The whole day the riders will be going either up or down hill, similar to yesterday. The summit of climb comes with about 7km to go, and it is downhill from there. It would be ideal for someone with good climbing pedigree to launch an attack.

Screen Shot 2014-01-23 at 11.23.17 am.png

Screen Shot 2014-01-23 at 11.23.54 am.png

My Tip: Cadel Evans. He has shown yesterday that he is both in good form, and has the desire to win. This short, steep climb followed by a descent to the finish really suits him. He is one of the best descenders in world cycling and it would take a fair effort to stay with him on both the climb and the descent.

Sky will be heavily involved in this stage. My tip is the Sky train to set a hectic pace in the lead up to the climb and the initial false flat along Corkscrew Road, to launch either Richie or GT for the win. Thomas finished well behind the bunch yesterday so I reckon he was preserving energy for today.

Whatever the result, you can be guaranteed there will only be small groups going over the finish line together at the end of the stage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds like Cadel is gonna have a good crack. Matt White has been in the press saying Gerro won't get dropped on the climb, should be interesting.

Cadel just torched everyone on corkscrew, what a champ..... wish id gone up the gorge for a look now:(

Are they showing it live on gem outside south australia?

My Tip: Cadel Evans. He has shown yesterday that he is both in good form, and has the desire to win. This short, steep climb followed by a descent to the finish really suits him. He is one of the best descenders in world cycling and it would take a fair effort to stay with him on both the climb and the descent.
Well picked.

profile-05.jpg

Today's stage. Should be a ripper.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back