Teams you think will definitely not make the 8

Remove this Banner Ad

GWS for obvious reasons
Saints were on track for a spoon, but had a good trade period. The 8 a few years away.
Dogs. Made strides, but the rate the comp is growing will put it just from reach
Lions. Just not there.
Suns. Will push teams this season and are getting close, but the finals at least a year or two away and they need to rapidly overtake a few teams ahead of them
Dees. Coming from a ways back. Could be the big improvers for the year..but thats still not saying much.

5-8 open for anyone else who wants it.

The only thing I really took out of yesterday's match between Adelaide and Port Adelaide is that the Port Adelaide Magpies are a deadset lock to miss the 8 - Not up to AFL standard in the slightest

GWS Dogs Saints Melbourne Lions, a mention of any other side is just trolling

Pretty much this - even the dogs i can see getting up if their curve continues exponentially

People saying collingwood - pfft - i hate those scrots as well

Hating a team and it doing no good are two different things - just because you hate a team doesnt mean you csn wave a magic wand and shout expecto crapulenco and have them be magically s**t for you

Hawthorn. Last year they went 0 from 4 preseason. Resulting in a premiership.

This year, 2 from 2 so looks like a lost year as they attempt to emulate Carlton :(

Pretty much this - even the dogs i can see getting up if their curve continues exponentially

People saying collingwood - pfft - i hate those scrots as well

Hating a team and it doing no good are two different things - just because you hate a team doesnt mean you csn wave a magic wand and shout expecto crapulenco and have them be magically s**t for you
I'm not saying Collingwood because I dislike them.

I am saying Collingwood to once again prove my superior football knowledge.

And I have chosen this post as the one I will bump come September.

See you then chump ...

I'm not saying Collingwood because I dislike them.

I am saying Collingwood to once again prove my superior football knowledge.

And I have chosen this post as the one I will bump come September.

See you then chump ...

Please do - i love it when collingwood fail at pretty much anything and thoroughly enjoy rubbing it in.

Percentage had nothing to do with. To make the finals we needed to beat Geelong in round 23 (we lost by 1 point), and we needed Port to beat Carlton in round 23(they lost by 1 point also). You're dreaming if you think that's a mile off

So you are expecting a team with 14 wins to be kicked out of the finals this year? That's the only reason you were still a chance in rd 23. You're dreaming if you think that scenario means you only have a bees dick worth of improvement to make in order to play finals this season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Essendon wouldn't have been as good as they were if they didn't cheat anyway, so that's irrelevant IMO.

If Essendon hadnt been as good, teams who lost to them, for example Port, Carlton, Adelaide and West Coast, would not have lost to them, so that's not irrelevant. You cant just write off Essendons wins as non existent without looking at who would have won those games. Brisbane would still have been mire than one win from playing finals.

And how am I being bias? Just stating the facts.

No you are asserting that, based on an unprecendented occurance that saw your team in contention in rd23 when they otherwise would not have been, that they are only a bees dick worth of improvement from playing finals. Had you won one more game last year you'd have finished with 11 wins and a % of ~90, a total that has been enough to play finals once this century.

No Chance: GWS, St Kilda, Brisbane, Melbourne, Western Bulldogs, Gold Coast
Highly Unlikely: Port Adelaide, Essendon

I think the teams that didn't make it last year will struggle again this year - GWS, Brisbane, Saints, Bulldogs, Melbourne,

Top 4 locks - Hawthorn, Freo, Sydney,

Battling for the rest of the ladder: (in no particular order) - Geelong, North, Adelaide, Port, Carlton, Essendon, Richmond, Collingwood, Eagles, GCS.

I have a feeling injuries will derail Geelongs top 4 aspirations this year. Essendon is the dark horse to me, would've finished in the 8 last year except for the drug crap. Eagles look improved in preseason games. Adelaide also looks ominous on preseason form.

Again looks like ten teams will be battling for five spots on the ladder so possibly a tight season ahead. But I've said the same for the last three years and some teams you expect to go well have shockers, while others you think will go average show loads of improvement and make the eight.

So you are expecting a team with 14 wins to be kicked out of the finals this year? That's the only reason you were still a chance in rd 23. You're dreaming if you think that scenario means you only have a bees dick worth of improvement to make in order to play finals this season.
Essendon wouldn't of won 14 games if they didn't cheat

If Essendon hadnt been as good, teams who lost to them, for example Port, Carlton, Adelaide and West Coast, would not have lost to them, so that's not irrelevant. You cant just write off Essendons wins as non existent without looking at who would have won those games. Brisbane would still have been mire than one win from playing finals.

No you are asserting that, based on an unprecendented occurance that saw your team in contention in rd23 when they otherwise would not have been, that they are only a bees dick worth of improvement from playing finals. Had you won one more game last year you'd have finished with 11 wins and a % of ~90, a total that has been enough to play finals once this century.
Don't put words in my mouth. I never said we will need a bees dick of improvement to make the finals this year. I said we were a bees dick from making the finals LAST year, which is completely true.

Essendon wouldn't of won 14 games if they didn't cheat

Firstly it's not established that they did yet, and that wasn't what they were excluded from the finals for.

Secondly, assuming you are correct and Essendon wouldn't have won 14 games, some of the teams they lost to, eg Port, Carlton, Adelaide and West Coast would have won more games and been around the 13/14 game win mark.

Don't put words in my mouth. I never said we will need a bees dick of improvement to make the finals this year. I said we were a bees dick from making the finals LAST year, which is completely true.

And you also used that to ridcule people who didn't rate Brisbane's chances in 2014. If it's not what you were implying, why raise it?

Firstly it's not established that they did yet, and that wasn't what they were excluded from the finals for.

Secondly, assuming you are correct and Essendon wouldn't have won 14 games, some of the teams they lost to, eg Port, Carlton, Adelaide and West Coast would have won more games and been around the 13/14 game win mark.
What's your point?

What's your point?

That being a "bees dick" away from playing finals last year is irrelevant to this season and your continued use of it when ridiculing people who don't rate your chances this season is ignorant at best and trolling at worst.

That being a "bees dick" away from playing finals last year is irrelevant to this season and your continued use of it when ridiculing people who don't rate your chances this season is ignorant at best and trolling at worst.
This thread is about teams who definitely won't make the 8. being a bees dick away from it last year is relevant. From memory we finished with the same amount of wins as West Coast, Adelaide & North Melbourne, and more wins than Gold Coast and Doggies - yet everyone thinks we are no chance of making the 8, but the others are. I don't see the logic in this.

This thread is about teams who definitely won't make the 8. being a bees dick away from it last year is relevant.

Not when the only reason you were a bees dick away was a once in a century event that isn't likely to happen again.

From memory we finished with the same amount of wins as West Coast, Adelaide & North Melbourne, and more wins than Gold Coast and Doggies - yet everyone thinks we are no chance of making the 8, but the others are. I don't see the logic in this.

You won ten games and had the biggest turn over of players other than GWS. It's not that illogical unless you are completely one eyed.

Not when the only reason you were a bees dick away was a once in a century event that isn't likely to happen again.

You won ten games and had the biggest turn over of players other than GWS. It's not that illogical unless you are completely one eyed.
Because losing those spuds is going to have such a huge impact in 2014... not

Remove this Banner Ad

Back