Workshop Template Feedback Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

New update:
- Tighter sleeves (difference between this post and previous posts - West Coast/Richmond)
- Football on grass base

Planning to tinker a bit with the boots and face a bit now (different faces and hair-styles). Considering even add sleeve tattoos to the player if I am bored enough. Hahaha

Adelaide guernsey - showing side panels:

Carlton guernsey - showing sleeves on a dark guernsey:

Western Bulldogs guernsey - showing sleeves on a light guernsey:

New update:
- Tighter sleeves (difference between this post and previous posts - West Coast/Richmond)
- Football on grass base

Planning to tinker a bit with the boots and face a bit now (different faces and hair-styles). Considering even add sleeve tattoos to the player if I am bored enough. Hahaha

These are amazing. Very good job, looks brilliant :)

Just my 2 cents on the sleeves.
They look more realistic than the jumper so I think you should give the sleeves shading rather than the overlay. But apart from that, perfect.

Yeah, I had the same doubts... I think it is just an issue with light sleeves, so I may tinker with it more for the lighter ones. Cheers for the feedback :)

My final update for a while... don't want to continue to clog the forum up with my stuff. This doesn't look like a massive update, but it was by far the hardest thing I've had to do to the template so far: ADDING HOOPS TO THE SLEEVES. I pretty much followed this process: Lines drawn entirely free-hand so I could work them into the existing highlights and shadows. I then scanned this line drawing into the computer, which I then traced in Photoshop. After this I then cut the original sleeves into each hooped segment.

Each sleeve has 11 separate layers*, so the order of colours is pretty much endless... it's not perfect, but I am pretty happy with how it has turned out. With that update I can make pretty much any jumper in the league now with the existing template.

Happy with any more feedback... I do take it on board :)

* The template currently has 181 layers in total :-/ Hahaha

Last edited:
Looking great! My advice would be to combine the sleeve hoops into a single layer for simplicity ;)

Looking great! My advice would be to combine the sleeve hoops into a single layer for simplicity ;)

That was on the agenda tomorrow/today... I did that with the socks (linked left and right socks by their corresponding hoops), so I will do it with the sleeves too, but I just needed a break from it tonight. I'll simplify the whole thing eventually, probably be able to cut the layers down to 100-120 (including team templates).

Anyway, time for a snooze

Very nice template.
Reminds me, with sadness, of the one Fraser Davidson made for me for the footyjumpers website.
I added a few things here and there.
The Hard Drive it was on fell off the top of the PC and onto my desk, and everything on it was lost.

Lionbear.gif

Can I make one small suggestion?
The shorts seem too high, making the legs look too long.
They look like 1980s shorts.
It could also be the way they curve around the bottom, making them look tighter.
Perhaps your reference pic was taken from a low perspective.
I think they could come down to the bottom of the shading you have on the upper thigh.
At the very least I think they need to be straighter along the bottom.

Last edited:
What I would recommend mfcrox, is to have two files. One which holds all the existing team designs on it, and another that acts as your "blank". The blank has some basic designs (stripes, hoops, chevrons, Vs etc) that you can use for new or theoretical teams on this board. It frees up some space on the template and helps get rid of unnecessary layers.

Very nice template.
Reminds me, with sadness, of the one Fraser Davidson made for me for the footyjumpers website.
I added a few things here and there.
The Hard Drive it was on fell off the top of the PC and onto my desk, and everything on it was lost.

Lionbear.gif

Can I make one small suggestion?
The shorts seem too high, making the legs look too long.
They look like 1980s shorts.
It could also be the way they curve around the bottom, making them look tighter.
Perhaps your reference pic was taken from a low perspective.
I think they could come down to the bottom of the shading you have on the upper thigh.
At the very least I think they need to be straighter along the bottom.

I love that template, looks awesome!!! Reminds me of Jono Brown! Haha. Sucks about the hard drive... I've been fretting about this to, but I've got it saved on a few things now, so I should be okay *touch wood*.

Eventually, I'll probably make a more simplified version of this available to you and everyone else on here. Not as detailed as this though, because workability wise it isn't easy, because of the sheer number of layers and options. Even I get lost in there at times, and I built the bloody thing!!! Hahaha. Plus the file size is up around 100MB now.

Yeah, you know your perspectives... The reference photo for the legs actually was taken from below, and I thought the same about it being too '80s Capper'. Hahaha. In all honestly, it was just laziness that stopped me changing them because I knew I'd have to then play around with all the other layers in the shorts (e.g. shading and stitching, etc.). I had an idea last night of making a retro/ heritage template with tight shorts, and introduce an 80s collar and wrist cuffs on the sleeves, so I might do that.

Cheers for the feedback, appreciate it :) Keep up all your work too... love it!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What I would recommend mfcrox, is to have two files. One which holds all the existing team designs on it, and another that acts as your "blank". The blank has some basic designs (stripes, hoops, chevrons, Vs etc) that you can use for new or theoretical teams on this board. It frees up some space on the template and helps get rid of unnecessary layers.

Yeah, I have to tidy it up and simplify things a bit... that will be my next course of action I think

New update:
- Football on grass base

Just a quick query. Are you going to add a back. I'd love to use this for competitions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back