Remove this Banner Ad

Sausages

HIGH PRIEST IN THE TEMPLE OF GG/SNSD
Feb 27, 2007
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Luton Town

Luey would want out to be the #1 ruck. Pretty simple really hes wasted behind martin as hes not a legit forward option and would be wasting his career.
Theyve just got beams and christensen up there and sent draft picks the other way.
If they want handouts give them some cash to build better training facilities and no draft picks. This begging for draft picks especially from a coach looks ridiculous and pretty boo-able

If Rockliff and Hanley had been fit all year Brisbane would have been better. Throw Dixon and/or Schache in their forward setup and they look alot more potent.

GC have culture issues sure but they already have piles and piles of talent. More picks isnt going to be the answer.

This 'two first round picks in their team' hypothetical is absolute rubbish. Never mind the fact that they sold the farm for Beams and Christensen last year, those two + Martin, Zorko, Hanley, Rockliff, Aish, Taylor, Redden and maybe Close and McStay would all fetch them early selections if they were willing to let them go. This is their first season with under four wins in how long? And they think they deserve a first round pick as a gift because of a technicality. Not surprised they're failing when I listen to their gutless (not something I ever thought I'd call Justin Leppitsch) coach ramble on about how sad their case is.

Queenslanders like winners, the Bronx are going great with one of best halves combos in the comp and Milf and Bunt are only going to get better. The Lions should get some help but I'd rather see them be allowed to take some local talent that they can keep rather than a top pick from another state that may want to go home after a few years.

If the missing piece of the puzzle is high draft picks, then don't give away all your decent picks on established players and grow your list.

You can't give away your first pick last season and then beg for a top pick this season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No offence OP - very crafty title.

I clicked because I was all like "what on earth has Robbo done to be thanked", and I'm wondering whether it is sarcastic, then I read thread and find its another Lions priority pick debate.

They have had a terrible run of injuries but have the talent there to be one of the better midfields in the league.

Backs and Forwards aren't looking so flash but surely that would be something to shine a light on their development practices at the club, rather than just giving them more picks to either muck up or lose to other clubs as soon as they fall out of contract?

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/qu...ys-mark-robinson/story-fnelctok-1227463850203

Finally some acknowledgement from a media commentator that footy up here is in trouble.

BTW - this post is not Lions specific, but Queensland specific. So before all my 'fans' leap on the bandwagon, listen to the words:

“Football is in trouble in Queensland, we all know that,” Robinson said.

You can't give draft picks to fix a run of injuries and poor choices. Brisbane looked pretty good under Voss a few years back, who had learnt by then what not to do at the trade table and how to develop a tough midfield. Then they thought they'd sack the coach and buy a midfield and it wouldn't upset the balance. Review the board or whoever is making decisions rather than ask for picks.

I have dismissed everything he has said since the day he said that McPharlin owed Jonathan Brown a duty of care in that accidental knee that messed him up. I literally don’t hear him anymore and dismiss it as noise. This will be the same tripe, obviously I haven’t even bothered to read the article.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/qu...ys-mark-robinson/story-fnelctok-1227463850203

Finally some acknowledgement from a media commentator that footy up here is in trouble.

BTW - this post is not Lions specific, but Queensland specific. So before all my 'fans' leap on the bandwagon, listen to the words:

“Football is in trouble in Queensland, we all know that,” Robinson said.
Take the hint Sausages!

Everyone knows of the struggles faced by the Queensland clubs. It's one of the biggest myths in footy that the power brokers and fans forget about clubs. There's only 18 of them and only 5 states that footy is played in.

Gold Coast have hired (poached even) a new fitness boss to sort out their injuries to go with a new coach last year who was largely bought in to the clean up the culture. They have talent. They are finally getting new facilities. They have AFL Financial backing.

I feel bad for Brisbane that lunatics with AFL backing took over the club and have little to show for it. I have a great deal of sympathy for the supporters who tried to change things at board level and probably didn't get everything they want. And I feel the AFL need to step in with more financial help and provide the circuit breaker that will allow for better facilities.

But last thing I read sausages you wanted the Lions to disband, throw out all their non Queensland players and start again as some kind of pseudo state side.

If Rockliff and Hanley had been fit all year Brisbane would have been better. Throw Dixon and/or Schache in their forward setup and they look alot more potent.

GC have culture issues sure but they already have piles and piles of talent. More picks isnt going to be the answer.
They wouldn't have been better with Rocky and Hanley. Brisbane's problem is the depth of the list after the hand full of top talent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back