That time of year again - name your top 15 MIDFIELDERS ( including wingman)

Remove this Banner Ad

cookie33

Team Captain
Apr 3, 2005
The great Caulfield
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Carlton/Bullants
Ok, friends we are almost done, we are at the final list required to make up Big Footys ultimate team according to you guys.

I have extended to 15 simply to include the wingman ( I hope this isn't to confusing for you mentally challenged individuals). When including the wings please place a W next to their name so I know the player is selected primarily as a starting wingman.

Capiche? Here goes

1. Gary Ablett - GC
2. Nathan Fyfe (w) - Fre
3. Scott Pendlebury - Coll
4. Joel Selwood - Gee
5. Travis Boak - Port
6. Patrick Dangerfield -Ade
7. Sam Mitchell - Haw
8. Tom Rockliff - Bris
9. Jobe Watson - Ess
10. Dayne Beams - Bri
11. Dyson Heppell (w) - Ess
12. Rory Sloane - Ade
13. Matt Priddis - Wce
14. Josh Kennedy- Syd
15. Daniel Hannebery (w) - Syd

Good luck! I have no doubt missed a few so don't load up with the abuse please.

Ok, friends we are almost done, we are at the final list required to make up Big Footys ultimate team according to you guys.

I have extended to 15 simply to include the wingman ( I hope this isn't to confusing for you mentally challenged individuals). When including the wings please place a W next to their name so I know the player is selected primarily as a starting wingman.

Capiche? Here goes

1. Gary Ablett - GC
2. Nathan Fyfe (w) - Fre
3. Scott Pendlebury - Coll
4. Joel Selwood - Gee
5. Travis Boak - Port
6. Patrick Dangerfield -Ade
7. Sam Mitchell - Haw
8. Tom Rockliff - Bris
9. Jobe Watson - Ess
10. Dayne Beams - Bri
11. Dyson Heppell (w) - Ess
12. Rory Sloane - Ade
13. Matt Priddis - Wce
14. Josh Kennedy- Syd
15. Daniel Hannebery (w) - Syd

Good luck! I have no doubt missed a few so don't load up with the abuse please.
Definitely opening yourself up to potential abuse when you fail to include a single midfielder from the team that finished fourth on the ladder last year. Though I understand that North Melbourne may not have the number of elite players that some other teams claim to possess, perhaps we are a more even playing list, I am kind of bemused that neither Andrew Swallow or Ben Cunnington have been included here.

Definitely opening yourself up to potential abuse when you fail to include a single midfielder from the team that finished fourth on the ladder last year. Though I understand that North Melbourne may not have the number of elite players that some other teams claim to possess, perhaps we are a more even playing list, I am kind of bemused that neither Andrew Swallow or Ben Cunnington have been included here.

To be fair, it's hard to argue with his list. The only ones I'd seriously question on that list are Watson and Dangerfield (from 2014 alone).

I'm not.

1 Ablett
2 Mitchell
3 Pendlebury
4 Fyfe
5 Selwood
6 SJ
7 Gray
8 Swan
9 Kennedy
10 Watson
11 Rockliff
12 Hannebery
13 Boak
14 Mundy
15 Beams.

A number of players could fill the lower positions.

1. Gary Ablett
2. Nat Fyfe
3. Robbie Gray
4. Joel Selwood
5. Scott Pendlebury
6. Sam Mitchell
7. Jobe Watson
8. Josh Kennedy
9. Travis Boak
10. Steve Johnson
11. Dustin Martin
12. Dayne Beams
13. Dyson Heppell
14. Tom Rockliff
15. Patrick Dangerfield

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stephen Hill is a winger, Nat Fyfe is most certainly not. Sorry to be so critical OP but that's quite a head scratcher.

Be interesting to see where Priddis features in these lists.

Named as all Australian wing wasn't he?

Bemused ay? well news flash, Swallow an Cunnington are average midfielders at best

wingmen: Don't really think there is that much difference left nowadays. Surely some are more outside runners and some are better inside clearance players, but midfielder is a working term, since most do both anyway...

1. Ablett jr
2. Nathan Fyfe
3. Luke Parker
4. Dayne Beams
5. Travis Boak.

1) Ablett
2) Fyfe
3) Selwood
4) Pendlebury
5) Gray
6) Kennedy
7) Boak
8) Dangerfield
9) Rockliff
10) Beams
11) Ward
12) Heppell
13) Parker
14) Steve Johnson
15) Libba

1. Ablett
2. Pendlebury
3. Fyfe
4. Gray
5. Kennedy
6. Mitchell
7. Selwood
8. Swan
9. Griffen
10. Cotchin
11. Rockliff
12. Boak
13. Stevie J
14. Dangerfield
15. Heppell
16. Beams

Edit: Added Griffen in, completely forgot about him. Didn't wanna chop Beams off, so I left him at 16.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back