Warriorville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NZ Warriors, Wallan FNC
rlwc-marker.jpg

For all news, views and information.

All team lists here.

I think there's a bit of that everywhere. I've never been a big fan of players who pick and choose when they want to play for their country and would've had no issue if they left him out of the side.

It's done now though so hopefully we can go on and win it.

Aust will play England in the final and win.

Nz despite being the second best side won't go that well given they never do in England..

That was a good win for the Kiwis. The Cooks are no mugs looking at their roster. That should put everyone else on alert that the Kiwis mean business. What is especially good is that the Kiwis take a little while historically to get going but then just get better and better in tournaments.

Ok folks... I am in a large tipping competition (all sports) where I am currently sitting in 2nd place and with the scratching of Atlantic Jewel from the Cox Plate, a big chance to shoot into the lead come Saturday arvo as long as Puissance De Lune can get up... Either way, we are down to the business end with not long to go (ends after the Ashes tour in Australia).

My issue is, the next event is due for selection... The Rugby League WC, I am tipping Australia to take it out, but the 2nd tipping event is "Leading Australian Try Scorer - Tournament" and I need some guidance, so where better to go than the brilliance of a Rugby League World Cup thread.

I am certainly no expert when it comes to League, but do follow the game, I have narrowed it down to the following, but obviously interested to see what others thoughts are.

I have narrowed it down to:
Slater
Inglis
Jennings
Boyd

Help a brother out :D

Ok folks... I am in a large tipping competition (all sports) where I am currently sitting in 2nd place and with the scratching of Atlantic Jewel from the Cox Plate, a big chance to shoot into the lead come Saturday arvo as long as Puissance De Lune can get up... Either way, we are down to the business end with not long to go (ends after the Ashes tour in Australia).

My issue is, the next event is due for selection... The Rugby League WC, I am tipping Australia to take it out, but the 2nd tipping event is "Leading Australian Try Scorer - Tournament" and I need some guidance, so where better to go than the brilliance of a Rugby League World Cup thread.

I am certainly no expert when it comes to League, but do follow the game, I have narrowed it down to the following, but obviously interested to see what others thoughts are.

Slater
Inglis
Jennings
Boyd

imo it will come down to selection, and the bloke playing centre/wing playing for most games will win it.

In particular besides the pool game against england (and even that) there is every likelihood that a player could pick up three or four.

IMO probably not inglis because he will go a bit quiet and shuffled around positionally.
Slater maybe
Jennings I think is a good bet.
Boyd if he is picked outside inglis picked up some freebies but im not sure he will get selected.

If I had to stick with one I would go with Jennings.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The coach reckons he wants Inglis with the ball so I reckon Inglis will score the most tries.

Jennings is a gun but where was he in games 2/3 of SoO?

Inglis will be playing Centre though Juggs which means he'll more likely be passing it at the line to his winger.

Jennings scored more than 20 tries this year.

Slater
Inglis
Jennings
Boyd

I'd be picking :
1 Jennings
2. GI
3. Slater
in that order, seeing both GI & Slater are carrying knee injuries.

Good luck in your comp.!

I'd be picking :
1 Jennings
2. GI
3. Slater
in that order, seeing both GI & Slater are carrying knee injuries.

Good luck in your comp.!

So Jennings isn't named as a starter, does this change your opinion?

So Jennings isn't named as a starter, does this change your opinion?
It changes mine.

Australia with so much depth and tim Sheens being a bit of an odd fella, its hard to pick.

Honestly I would probably go with slater because he is likely to play in most of the matches and to be honest he has a lot to play for after bombing the last world cup.

If Boyd is outside Inglis he could also score a thousand if he keeps his spot.

Keep in mind if someone gets a game against ireland like say slater and inglis is rested, australia are likely to put 50 on them at slater could bag 2 or 3.

I am probably thinking, again pending selections.
1. Boyd
2. Morris
3. Slater

It feels very weird watching the league on 7.

While I like that it looks like a proper HD coverage (from the studio so far), but I am disappointed that they aren't actually showing the opening ceremony.

It will be a big night of sport for me, I'll have Aussies v England on the TV and Everton v Aston Villa on my laptop (once it starts), not to mention the Bulls One-day final tomorrow as well, can never get enough sport.

It feels very weird watching the league on 7.

While I like that it looks like a proper HD coverage (from the studio so far), but I am disappointed that they aren't actually showing the opening ceremony.

It will be a big night of sport for me, I'll have Aussies v England on the TV and Everton v Aston Villa on my laptop (once it starts), not to mention the Bulls One-day final tomorrow as well, can never get enough sport.

International rules? haha

I like being able to hear what the video ref is saying, I don't like that we're playing shite atm. England deserve their lead.

International rules? haha

Couldn't care less about that in all honesty

Remove this Banner Ad

Back