Port Adelaide
Essendon
Hawthorn
GWS Giants
Carlton
Gold Coast
West Coast
Sydney

I have dropped Brisbane and Collingwood a spot each from my initial thoughts, based on likelihood of fixture difficulty.

Fremantle and GWS could be much better but I have no confidence in their ability to cope with one key injury, even against mediocre teams.
mine would be swapping melb and adelaide
then swapping richmond and dogs
and swapping gc and hawks

North won't even get close
North won't even get close... to playing Hawthorn, because the AFL wants to minimise the occurence of strong teams kicking the s**t out of weak teams.

And we all know it.

then swapping richmond and dogs
and swapping gc and hawks
You must really like Richmond and Gold Coast then, since they'll get a harder draw than the Bulldogs and Hawthorn respectively.

I don't see any real difference between the Hawks and Suns lists at this point.

North won't even get close... to playing Hawthorn, because the AFL wants to minimise the occurence of strong teams kicking the s**t out of weak teams.

And we all know it.

You must really like Richmond and Gold Coast then, since they'll get a harder draw than the Bulldogs and Hawthorn respectively.

I don't see any real difference between the Hawks and Suns lists at this point.
North not getting close is not dependant on hawthorns performance. Still dirty on the hawks getting Ashmore?

North not getting close is not dependant on hawthorns performance.
The weaker teams definitely have the potential to impact the top half of the ladder because of the uneven fixture, so it's worth pointing that out in a predictions thread.

Still dirty on the hawks getting Ashmore?
Yes I was very disappointed Hawthorn couldn't get any real marquee players for last season. But thankfully that has been addressed, which is reflected in my ladder prediction.

The weaker teams definitely have the potential to impact the top half of the ladder because of the uneven fixture, so it's worth pointing that out in a predictions thread.

Yes I was very disappointed Hawthorn couldn't get any real marquee players for last season. But thankfully that has been addressed, which is reflected in my ladder prediction.
Hawks picked the right players for the growth of the club.
Don't think we see the potential of the likes of baskaran, Fleming, or even Elliot (glimpses) if we went out early looking for a sugar hit.

Ashmore was the right player to teach the kids

Hawks picked the right players for the growth of the club.
Don't think we see the potential of the likes of baskaran, Fleming, or even Elliot (glimpses) if we went out early looking for a sugar hit.

Ashmore was the right player to teach the kids
I don't know what you're talking about. Hawthorn tried to get Bates, Moody, Lambert and Riddell--to name just a few--for last season and failed, then had to go after the likes of Ashmore and Lucas-Rodd as backup plans.

I reckon in the 2024 instalment of the AFLW we will see the emergence of collingwood and carlton been some of the better teams in the comp.
Melbourne are more there here and now.
But i feel they might not be as good in 2023.
Pies i know have gone to youth and a reset.
Besides we get back Bri davey and bonnici back.

I reckon in the 2024 instalment of the AFLW we will see the emergence of collingwood and carlton been some of the better teams in the comp.
Melbourne are more there here and now.
But i feel they might not be as good in 2023.
Pies i know have gone to youth and a reset.
Besides we get back Bri davey and bonnici back.
Lol of course you do
You’re a pies supporter

You might improve a bit but you will still be behind the top 4 of dees lions north and crows

Melbourne lost Daisy and no one else so should remain the benchmark.
North Melbourne lost Brown, but gained Shierlaw, Pullar and few others and should improve. I would think they go into the season 2nd or 3rd favourites.
Adelaide lost a few players and may drop off a little but should still finish top 4.
Brisbane were hit hard losing a number of their best players, but I think they still they have enough talent to finish in the top 4. They may not be the premiership threat they were in previous seasons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brisbane were hit hard losing a number of their best players, but I think they still they have enough talent to finish in the top 4. They may not be the premiership threat they were in previous seasons.
You might be very well on the money here.
Richmond really matched them all day

NEW PREMIERSHIP CONTENDER ALERT.

Freo are now a Season 8 premiership contender in the expense of the Brisbane Lions after this round! Who agrees?

Freo are now a Season 8 premiership contender in the expense of the Brisbane Lions after this round! Who agrees?
Not at all.

Freo only won because the Weagles were woeful in front of goal.

Brisbane AFLW 2022 S7 Best and Fairest
1st: Emily Bates (190)
2nd: Ally Anderson (187)
3rd: Nat Grider (184)
4th: Cathy Svarc (178)
5th: Isabel Dawes (174)
=6th: Tahlia Hickie (166)
=6th: Breanna Koenen (166)
=6th: Sophie Conway (166)
=9th: Orla O'Dwyer (164)
=9th: Courtney Hodder (164)

Lose one player from their top 10, and now they're decimated... What happened to "such an even team"?

Whenever Melbourne have been without Daisy Pearce, pre or post twins, it's ended ugly for them btw. Probably wouldn't have made the GF last season without her.
You should read the definition of decimated.

Your facts actually backed up the use of that adjective.

You should read the definition of decimated.

Your facts actually backed up the use of that adjective.
Really, which Brisbane players were killed? Btw if you wish to give English lessons, perhaps learn the difference between a verb and adjective first.

Seems like I was right about the Lions. They weren't decimated by any relevant interpretation of the word. And thanks for quoting my summary of Melbourne sans Daisy. Holding up a bit better than this one:
Melbourne the team to beat. Haven't lost anything (Admit it. Pearce was past her used by date, she was just riding the coattails of an amazing team to win that premiership). It just comes down to attitude.
Yes, the attitude of a team is very important, and something for which the captain is largely responsible.

Was a joke mate (check my posts in other threads, I've been on the North bandwagon all year).
Was hoping to get a bit of discussion when I posted it, bit like the entire season, noone has seemed to really care

Quite a few feel more comfortable on their team boards or private group, couldn’t blame them either. Don't judge base off the main board.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back