AFLW Preliminary Finals - 2023 AFLW season

Who are the winners this weekend

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Two prelims with a collective margin of 5 points is wild. The last time we would've had anything close to that in the men's totally escapes me, at this point in time.

Tahlia Randall must be a sadist with the way she so frequently refuses to kick pretty easy goals that would provide breathing room/clinch comfortable victories. Just knew those Q4 misses were going to make the last 5 minutes unbearable...

...and then Hatchard gets a clear run and jump at it in the goal square with 2 mins to go. Adelaide obviously couldn't help but think NM were gonna let them steal it again.

But the Crows were pretty poor in the last 2 mins with those back half turnovers. Regardless, their lazy showing in the QF is what really cost them a 4th flag. GF was the pass mark for them this year with that list, but then they wound up in an away PF against the other team who had the same pass mark.
2004 most comparable off the top of my head - total margin of the two prelims (15 points) over total scored was 4.4%, AFLW this season 3.7%. Not apples for apples because lower scoring naturally reduces variances but it’s a fair rough approximation. All other years since then have had at least one 2+ goal result.

Adelaide were poor today, but the *n umps were even worse

Crows constantly pinged HTB when they either had no prior or got a clear disposal
Chelsea Randall being completely hacked off the ball every time she went for a contest and not one free kick
North could throw the ball whenever they wanted

and yet despite us playing poorly, North with the absolute rub and a 'competition' that clearly doesn't want Adelaide to win again, only lost by a point - *ing

Crows constantly pinged HTB when they either had no prior or got a clear disposal
Chelsea Randall being completely hacked off the ball every time she went for a contest and not one free kick

and yet despite us playing poorly, North with the absolute rub and a 'competition' that clearly doesn't want Adelaide to win again, only lost by a point - *ing
Holy s**t to come on and shamelessly whinge like this when you got so many ridiculous favourable calls all through the game. See you next season loser

Holy s**t to come on and shamelessly whinge like this when you got so many ridiculous favourable calls all through the game. See you next season loser

What game were you watching? Yeah fair have a crack for my whinge, I opened myself up for that - but what favourable calls are you talking about?

You're right about the throws, there were at least 12 occasions where an Adelaide player blatantly threw the ball to a teammate that weren't called, three of them in the Crows defensive goal square. Terrible umpiring and very biased.

You're also right about Randall, every time the ball went into the North forward line the Adelaide fullback was hacking at Randall, grabbing her arm, pulling at her jumper but Randall, the talented player that she is, still managed to have an impact and kick two goals. :)

Umps refuse to pay in the back.

Is it still a rule?

Never pay it in aflw.

Seems U can just launch in to the back no worries whenever U like.
The "In the Back" rule has completely disappeared from the game at all levels of the game. The junior team I am involved with had 2 players suffer season ending injuries due to larger opponents falling onto their backs with force when they were on the ground the last 2 seasons. One copped broken ribs and the other a lacerated kidney.

Both prelims turned out to be thrillers - great advertisement for the AFLW and women's footy in general.

Back