2023 AFLW Final Series

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah it's done. Or is it?! Nah it is.

Essendon have really not been good for their last 8 quarters. 12 of their past 14 quarters, actually, considering the West Coast loss. Just that 30-0 first half against Carlton (big whoop) has been becoming of a finals team.

Yeah it's done. Or is it?! Nah it is.

Essendon have really not been good for their last 8 quarters. 12 of their past 14 quarters, actually, considering the West Coast loss. Just that 30-0 first half against Carlton (big whoop) has been becoming of a finals team.
The team is trash

We have Bonnie and Maddy then day light

The team is trash

We have Bonnie and Maddy then day light
The rest is a mix of skillful/smart types who barely get anywhere near the footy, and hard nuts who don't really know what they're doing.

But today all the good stuff has been stripped away. Classy players like Gee are making dumb errors, and big bodied units like Vogt and Scott are invisible.

The rest is a mix of skillful/smart types who barely get anywhere near the footy, and hard nuts who don't really know what they're doing.

But today all the good stuff has been stripped away. Classy players like Gee are making dumb errors, and big bodied units like Vogt and Scott are invisible.
And we re-sign Natalie wood eariler in the week

Today's performance is coach sacking worthy

Who is the better Presparkis?

1699758083958.png

I think Maddy is probably the more creative of the two, but Georgie is the more explosive. Maddy is elite in tight and creating space and/or opportunities for her teammates, while Georgie has the athleticism to break out from the contest and create for herself or those forward of the play.

Both are great to watch for different reasons, but personally, I'd select Georgie because of her speed and athleticism which I think North lack in the middle.

Gee I hate the umpiring in the AFLW, it is so inconsistent it is embarrassing. A Essendon player took three steps before being tackled and it's not called HTB, and in the next play Essendon kick a goal. 1 minute later, a Geelong player takes two steps before being tackled and is called HTB. The players, the coaches and media need to be allowed to call this s**t out, otherwise it will never improve.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How has it taken until this weekend for me to notice the change in the Anthem.. thought they stuffed up yesterday but TIL

Shierlaw's gotta stay down back, and Sarah Wright's gotta stay off the ground. I guess the big difference in that term was NM's misses were predictable, unlike Hanks' flub from the pocket.

North QT huddle (probably)...

Crocker: "Solid start, team. Our work is done."
Team: "But there's still 3 quarters to go?"
Crocker: "I said our work is done!"

Shierlaw's gotta stay down back, and Sarah Wright's gotta stay off the ground. I guess the big difference in that term was NM's misses were predictable, unlike Hanks' flub from the pocket.

North QT huddle (probably)...

Crocker: "Solid start, team. Our work is done."
Team: "But there's still 3 quarters to go?"
Crocker: "I said our work is done!"
This came back go bite you tbh.

Statement made Ladies and Gentlemen Statement made.

North is here for the Premiership and whether we win it is up our girls, we have the talent, we have the determination and today we showed we have the game.

That was the greatest performance I've seen from the North Melbourne's Womens team.

Feels like Brisbane and North went into this round feeling like they had something to prove, while Adelaide and Melbourne strolled in thinking it would all happen.

Assuming Adelaide and Melbourne get over the line next week (which is far from a certainty) it sets up a mouthwatering prelim round, North vs Adelaide in VIC, and Brisbane vs Melbourne in QLD.

Adelaide's low energy could be attributed to the heat and travel last week plus some players who aren't 100%.

I don't think there was a heightened level of complacency from Melbourne either, surely not after backing up from a hefty loss last round. Nothing wrong with their defensive pressure (laid 80 tackles themselves), but they have always been a bit marshmallowy when opponents hit them hard in the contest--something NM have never really made a concentrated four-quarter effort of doing before today.

My pre-season prediction of North beating Adelaide in the GF is now down the drain after this weekend's results. Ahhh well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back