Mega Thread The Adam Goodes Megathread - Now with Added Poll!

Why are crowds booing Goodes?

• Racism

Votes: 565 29.9%
  • He's perceived as a dirty player

Votes: 563 29.8%
  • He's perceived as making a team game all about himself

Votes: 758 40.1%
  • Because everyone else is booing, I thought I'd join in - like a Mexican wave thing

Votes: 268 14.2%
  • Because Gillon doesnt want them to

Votes: 135 7.2%
  • I have no idea

Votes: 74 3.9%
  • Other

Votes: 183 9.7%
  • His onfield message is at odds with his off field one

Votes: 233 12.3%
  • He can do no wrong with the MRP

Votes: 164 8.7%
  • I was saying Boo-Urns?

Votes: 61 3.2%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 56 3.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Want to stop the unreasonable? Be even more unreasonable, deduct points from teams deemed to have overtly racist supporters,

I'd be preparing my racist voicebox to get the St. Kilda Football Club some nice juicy higher draft picks

Everyone involved has handled this so poorly.

The booing started off as a bit of a laugh.
The AFL have given it oxygen, and made it a sport.
Goodes has antagonized the situation by doing that war dance.
His Mum getting involved and calling people racist doesn't help.

They've tried to put a fire out by throwing petrol on it - it's ******* ridiculous.

Almost as ridiculous as Mickey O'Loughlin lecturing anyone on what is disgusting or disgraceful behavior; maybe he can pay the crowd for their silence?
Well said!
Booing not only started off as a bit of a laugh though- it started off (and still is) inherently harmless. Afterall- kids/ghosts boo, and some can't even boo to a goose. It's not insulting (unlike swearing- which nobody seems to complain about).
Miming a spear action at the crowd certainly antagonized the crowd, but it's the antisocial play which antagonized the crowd even more (the booing started after incidents involving Goodes mid way through the first quarter, not from the first bounce)

Perhaps things will go full circle and booing will go back to being considered a bit of a laugh. At times the booing reminded me of games when our crowd would scream /balllll . Just drawing attention to a ridiculous situation.
And Mickey O' is a hypocrite and has a short memory haha

i don't think they are telling him the right way to celebrate his heritage. just that if he was trying to endear himself then he's OBVIOUSLY going about it the wrong way. you don't get to choose other peoples reactions to your action.

'they don't love me. i did everything right; they're doing it wrong'.

A war dance never endears especially in front of opposition supporters. So I suppose we agree on that.

I don't think though it's my place (or others) to dictate to him what is indigenous culture and how he acts based on that.

Sport heals wounds past and present .....we know that

You use the word lecture ...I prefer opportunity to educate .......

There is massive difference and clearly we think differently ....why do we have indigenous round then ?

OR women's round..........sorry you're wrong

I'm wrong? 50,000 people are going to turn up for the privilege of hearing educational rhetoric? Are you selling tickets?

Let's flip it around. Say Bill Gates offers every Joe Bloggs on the street $10,000 to turn up to a game and boo Adam Goodes. How many people do you think would turn up and what proportion of them are racists?

In USA football you can be Lena,used for making too much noise I think ...interesting concept .....Not a crazy one either by the way ...technical foul on the fans ......

That would be weird. How would west coast win a home game?

2012 is the most embarrassing Grand Final loss of the new millennium, even more embarrassing than 2007 with the factors I listed above. You're still finding blood in your stool, aren't ya? :)

2013 and 2014 were kind of cool too. Wonder if you can do it on a level-playing field instead of one of your home grounds.

I'll have to console myself with winning the last two grand finals and recently blowing our two nearest rivals into next month. It's tough, but I'll try.

No other white player had ever been booed like this ever .......Like every contest every week
We fear people that look differently to us
Can you stop saying "we" mate, you are being racist by assuming all white people are the same and responsible for the actions of those in the past when the majority of us weren't even born.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whenever I hear about it on the radio they never mention the main reason I believe it's as bad as it is, and that's opposing crowds knowing it affects him.

I'm wrong? 50,000 people are going to turn up for the privilege of hearing educational rhetoric? Are you selling tickets?

Let's flip it around. Say Bill Gates offers every Joe Bloggs on the street $10,000 to turn up to a game and boo Adam Goodes. How many people do you think would turn up and what proportion of them are racists?

Comes down to cost benefit.

If the financial benefit is there arguably it is not racist.

If its a loss probably racism based on motives allowing for substitute opportunities to watch the game.

In other words the incentive word be profit not necessarily be racist

I have Goodes in the same bracket as Akermanis, Jack Riewoldt, Crowley and Ballantyne. Their on field antics and actions annoy me and it has nothing to do about race. We have quite a few indigenous boys at our club and I love them all.

I think you meant, we have a "QUIET few Indigenous players".

It's not the same intensity and it's clearly evident .....those players get lightly booed and you can certainly hear the tones of the Goodes booing is meant to torment him

And it's really really evident
Of course its meant to torment him, to put him off his game, to get into his head. Thats why people boo and opposition player kicking for goal. If you cannot see how his war dance and spear throwing event hasnt esculated it then your just not getting it. At some point now Adam has to say "yeah ok, maybe we should have done it at the begining of the game to the Carlton team like the All Blacks do with the Haka". Just living in denial and thinking he has done everything the right way and everyone else is a racist and needs to get educated and change themselfs to suit him.
Life doesnt work like that.

Everyone involved has handled this so poorly.

The booing started off as a bit of a laugh.
The AFL have given it oxygen, and made it a sport.
Goodes has antagonized the situation by doing that war dance.
His Mum getting involved and calling people racist doesn't help.

They've tried to put a fire out by throwing petrol on it - it's ******* ridiculous.

good summation. the AFL and the media could have just empathised with goodes, but they just went full reetard. they literally demanded it stop and started branding everyone involved as racists. they just couldn't have f****d it up any better if they tried.

30b296a0fa160f0661efc4c254946c51.jpg

Or rather, Goo(des)-earns (a lot and is privileged in many ways, so shouldn't have used his position to bully a disadvantaged , young girl)

I love how Goodes and the media have turned this into a racial war. He gets booed because hes a dirty player and a faker.
I hope this keeps happening now, he wants everything to be about me, me, me all the time. Youve got the attention you wanted now, deal with it FFS.
Did Milne, Crowley, S. Baker, J. Watson or Libba cry every game they got booed. Well watson did.
Pretending its a racist debate is a weak exit strategy of a known thug who cant accept thats exactly what he has been over his career.

Of course its meant to torment him, to put him off his game, to get into his head. Thats why people boo and opposition player kicking for goal. If you cannot see how his war dance and spear throwing event hasnt esculated it then your just not getting it. At some point now Adam has to say "yeah ok, maybe we should have done it at the begining of the game to the Carlton team like the All Blacks do with the Haka". Just living in denial and thinking he has done everything the right way and everyone else is a racist and needs to get educated and change themselfs to suit him.
Life doesnt work like that.

Smart comment IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back