Mega Thread The Adam Goodes Megathread - Now with Added Poll!

Why are crowds booing Goodes?

• Racism

Votes: 565 29.9%
  • He's perceived as a dirty player

Votes: 563 29.8%
  • He's perceived as making a team game all about himself

Votes: 758 40.1%
  • Because everyone else is booing, I thought I'd join in - like a Mexican wave thing

Votes: 268 14.2%
  • Because Gillon doesnt want them to

Votes: 135 7.2%
  • I have no idea

Votes: 74 3.9%
  • Other

Votes: 183 9.7%
  • His onfield message is at odds with his off field one

Votes: 233 12.3%
  • He can do no wrong with the MRP

Votes: 164 8.7%
  • I was saying Boo-Urns?

Votes: 61 3.2%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 56 3.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Way to cherry pick out the only point that fits your discourse. And since when do you speak for a black aboriginal man and a section of his community?
How narcissistic is that? Dictating to a black man that his point of view is wrong because he is in the minority in his own community (which he already stated he is not!) so he is irrelevant? Apparently this aboriginal mans opinion is worth less than Adams Goodes so screw him?
How very enlightened you must be.
He has an opinion. That opinion has been misread by people such as yourself. I don't think it somehow justifies your ideas at all.
Your childish response to to someone pointing out the fact that you misinterpreted someone's blog post and made assumptions based on zero knowledge of the field show that you're out of your depth here. I'd encourage you to attempt a more constructive response, but I doubt you're capable. Your comment on Goodes making a mockery of indigenous culture was particularly ill-informed. Basically, you have no idea what you're talking about, and you haven't even reached the point of realising how little you know. If you ever get to that point, you might begin to realise how complex and multi-faceted indigenous culture is.

Well... I wonder why ??????????? What did he expect would happen ?

If it was not directed at the Carlton fans ....why was the booing even an issue ? He can't even lie straight!

Once again - he shot his mouth (or spear throwing arm ) off before he thought about the consequences.

You've lost me, it was directed at them. Unless you don't understand the difference between
untoward and toward. One is about direction.

He expected the Carlton supporters, to go, thanks for that Adam, impressive now back on with the game. Go Blues!

It was a boomerang, fk me educate yourself about the topic.

I'm going to feel dirty driving my forester home tonight....

Fighting? Right now he looks like he has run off and hid and got his bully mates to do the fighting for him.

Comparing actual racism to getting booed. ******* embarrassing

Seems so.
Loaded the gun and let everyone else fire the bullets
Who cares? Not actually the point is it. Why so angry?
Not angry - should have actually put these :D:D:D:D:D

He doesn't mind getting booed ...but then he does mind getting booed.
Not premeditated ...but planned.
Not directed at Carlton fans but brings the booing into it.

It shows the compete patheticness of the whole situation when you go back and read how he has tried to spin all this.

Last edited:
You'd have to be a ******* moron if that war dance insulted you

People had no idea what he was doing, and collectively they were offended as they didn't understand and felt they were being taunted, but its not ok for them to "feel that way" as it wasn't his intention.

Oh the irony - Do as I say not as I do!

I'll quote him for you. No mention of incite. Please quote that:

Speaking at the team's recovery session on Saturday, Goodes said the dance was inspired by the AFL's under-16 indigenous side called the Boomerangs.

"I haven't had the opportunity to do the war cry... and show that passion and pride about being a warrior and representing my people," Goodes said.

"It wasn't something that was pre-meditated. Lewis Jetta and myself had a chat on Thursday that we wanted to represent on Friday night, we wanted to do a dance.

"It's a shame that Lewis couldn't get on the board because he had something planned as well.

"There was nothing untoward to the Carlton supporters.

"[But] for me it had to be towards opposition and say here I am, take me as I am.

"Guys can cheer, boo, whatever. Take it as it is."

Well well well, firstly he needs to learn what premeditation means,

Secondly, you deliberately aim it at opposition fans and state they can boo whatever.

And here we are

Last edited:
goodes_zpsauveajnk.jpg

Not made by me - original found here

Sorry stopped reading at "he's playing great, clean footy"

He cheap shotted Elliott Yeo which is what got the crowd booing him this week. Clean footy lel

Well well well, firstly he needs to learn what premeditation means,

Secondly, you deliberately aim it at position fans and stated they can boo whatever.

And here we are

I'll pay that, i guess he meant weeks of planning as opposed to days.

They can boo at the game due to the onfield event they witnessed, as most of us have done. But a concerted week in week out campaign since then has become bullying in nature for this issue he performed in his cultures round. Not every other round after.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was because she was a kid and he knew it. And he has effectively gone out with a megaphone and started lecturing the crowd, he just did it with actions and not words.

He is detracting from the game of footy, which is the main reason I would suggest that people pay to go to a FOOTBALL match

I don't want to pay to go to a U2 concert and be lectured on world poverty by Bono, I just want to go and enjoy the concert, does that make me racist too?
No it doesn't make you a racist.

But it makes you an idiot for going to a concert where you know that is going to happen. Don't like Bono's activism, don't go to their concerts.

Please, you know there are a portion that are racist, and a sizable one. You think the guy ejected from Subi was the only one there?

FWIW I work in Indigenous health and see racism every day, just because you are detached from it and dont experience it regularly doesnt mean it doesnt exist.

The second point demonstrates that you are willing to behave unethically. You should concern yourself with the motivations of others if you, through your own free actions, support what they are doing. You don't live in a bloody vacuum and need to take some responsibility for what you do. If what you do furthers what racists do, and you know that, you are volitionally giving your voice to theirs and are supporting what they are doing. You are responsible for that.
Couldn't give a stuff about the guy from Subi. The reality is, I've been to hundreds of football games, and not once have I seen a sign of racism. I'd rather trust my own experiences than whatever bullshit gets spouted in this thread.

Churn out all the theories you want, I'm still not a racist for booing.

Got any kids yourself?

Yes you are right, she should have known better, 13 year olds should know better about a lot of things, but they don't ! I think a lot of people just think that the outcome of being made public spectacle of on such a grand scale was not really appropriate.

He has no idea what damage he has inflicted on that 13 year old, and he hasn't said or done anything since to indicate he cares.

So as he requests of others, he will be judged by his actions.

Selective memory. He actually said that he wanted her to be supported, and that he didn't blame her, or something like that.

I think what's 1000 times more important is that that girl, and others like her, learn that you can't call an indigenous person an "ape" in public without expecting justified backlash.

I've been going to the football for 50 years and I've booed opposition players when they do something to one of my boys, when they are having a shot for goal and bad umpiring decisions. The only racist comments I can remember were both aimed towards Wirra - one from a drunk Fremantle supporter and one from a woman in the MCG members. Both times I told the offender that their comment was inappropriate. I can't imagine how sterile the atmosphere would be at a game if Gil and his mates tried to ban booing. I'm sure there are people with racist views at all grounds (Nic Naitanui has twice been the subject of racist taunts in Melbourne) but I'm equally sure that they are in the minority.

Regardless of if you think the booing is racist or not...

Hasn't it gone on for too long? Now we know Adam himself has taken offence, isn't it common decency that it ceases?

What more do you have to prove?

Couldn't give a stuff about the guy from Subi. The reality is, I've been to hundreds of football games, and not once have I seen a sign of racism. I'd rather trust my own experiences than whatever bullshit gets spouted in this thread.

Churn out all the theories you want, I'm still not a racist for booing.

Did you boo Justin Sherman?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back