Should Carlton receive a priority pick?

• Yes

Votes: 70 19.1%
  • No

Votes: 296 80.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

They might not have won 1 solitary game off their own boot but they win their positions every week. I`m not a great believer in coaches votes being some miracle judgement but when SPS got 1 votr while Clug got 20 and Berry 11, as well as averaging decidedly less goals and disposals and assists and clearances and inside 50s than them, I have a hard time accepting the gap isn't close because SPS was best on 18 months ago.
A delightfully cheeky bump!

I'm not questioning exactly the notion that Berry/McCluggage are in front of SPS, because in real terms they've both had full preseasons and their output is more consistent and closer to their eventual average/ceiling. SPS hasn't had that opportunity, having a huge injury wipe out his draft year and hamper his development going into 2017, then having another injury limit his preseason coming into this year, and yet he played every game this season. He's also, like I said, won a game off his own boot, and had performances that have suggested, if nothing else, that we've got a player on our hands. Not that I'd expect to achieve anything resembling reasonableness from a thread on the main board, but I rather think that measurement of any group of players based purely on their third seasons is a bit silly.

Cause it takes hours upon hours to make a meme:rolleyes:
Sure. Just interested as to why, inside half an hour after the news broke, you cared enough to make a meme, log onto your profile, dredge up a thread that's been buried for a month or two, only to tweak the noses of a few Carlton fans.

I mean, my nose is fairly tweaked, my friend. It's nice to know you care though. :)

If you haven't why do you bother ever discussing Carltons future? I can get maybe a defender flying under the radar but if you don't know who Zac Fisher is do yourself a favour and just discuss Richmond on the Richmond board.
That wasn’t what I was on about, they’re below average players at best. I’m more referring to the rumour circulating about those two players I was hoping others might have a bit more info, but the way this board goes there’s zero chance of getting honest answers anyway.

What can they do except continue down this path and wait for the wheel to turn.

Add Walsh and continue to back in the rebuild ....it's too late to do anything else but tinker.

I'd be rookie listing the likes of Schloithe just to get some depth and not cycle kids through.

That wasn’t what I was on about, they’re below average players at best. I’m more referring to the rumour circulating about those two players I was hoping others might have a bit more info, but the way this board goes there’s zero chance of getting honest answers anyway.
lololololol fisher below average??? HAHAHAHAAHAH clearly shows you have ZERO knowledge.

Well, with Lynch to the Tigers, I think the Tigers can now be called 'little Gold coast' or the Richmond suns.

See? It isn't just Carlton who latched on to an expansion club and keeps trading their players.

Lynch, Prestia and Caddy, will be good to have the band back together.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, with Lynch to the Tigers, I think the Tigers can now be called 'little Gold coast' or the Richmond suns.

See? It isn't just Carlton who latched on to an expansion club and keeps trading their players.

We bring in good players for unders - Carlton bring in duds

We were worried about that....so we just got another giant...mwahaha!
Cmon down Setterfield to the blue giants

Brisbane's draft picks are 'destroying' their Carlton counterparts? In what world?

2015 draftees:
high draft picks (top 20) Weitering, Curnow, McKay vs Schache, Hipwood - advantage Carlton
mid-tier picks (21-40) Cuningham vs Keays/Mathieson - advantage Brisbane
late picks (41+) Silvagni vs Skinner - advantage Carlton

2016 draftees
Petrevski-Seton vs McLuggage/Berry - advantage probably Brisbane, mainly due to numbers.
Fisher vs Witherden/Cox - advantage Brisbane due to numbers
Macreadie, Polson, Williamson, Kerr vs Allison - tie (all 4 Carlton players have played, but injuries to Williamson/Macreadie this year make that hard to call a win)

2017 draftees
Dow, O'Brien vs Rayner, Bailey - tie (I think you can make a case either way, but if you rank the players I'd have them exactly in draft order, so a tie)
De Koning vs Zero (advantage Carlton in a weak category)
Schumacher, Garlett vs Wooler, Payne (I don't think any of those player can be considered a win)

I'd maybe have Brisbane slightly ahead on pure draftees. Across that time period Cartlon also traded in Marchbank, Kennedy and Pickett (from teh 2014 draft), which also represents value.

So tell me how exactly Brisbane's draftees have 'destroyed' Carltons? If anything, their advantage is purely based on having more picks (ie; the priority pick they used on Witherden - otherwise Fisher vs Cox is a win for Carlton, etc).
interesting pick ups

Back