The best footy player in the riverina

Remove this Banner Ad

carlton supporter from marrar with poor spelling? flanno? agreed, barnesy would be on par with Gornell as the best player i've played with or against. Very under-rated.

throwing a roughie in there for 1 of best players in riverina..stephen barnes from marrar...might not have the best skills in the world but his attack on the footy in 2nd to none...most couragous player i have seen play the game!! his big hits and aggression can turn a game on its heels...ask 3/4 of the farrar league and they will all tell his toughness is boardering on stupidity!!
I have a real pref for this type of player. Some one like McDonald or this bloke? who would people prefer. We Chris Downes who is of similar type has had multiple cracked and broken colar bones but throws himself at it. For me i'd rather a player who is prone to cough the odd one up through skill errors but gives you 100% effort each time.

carlton supporter from marrar with poor spelling? flanno? agreed, barnesy would be on par with Gornell as the best player i've played with or against. Very under-rated.

surely wep u would know that flanno is a pies supporter...clearly u have been out of bomber land for far 2 long!! and flanno cant read or write he just draws pictures!

I would of thought Mcpherson would have been brought up in this thread
Best player and co-coach of the premiership team has to count for something

When He Was Playing Robert Harper Was Up There And Warren Sykes.....I Probably Should Get With The Times However They Were 2 Awesome Players Of Yesteryear...Harper Won Something Like 12 Club B&fs And Kicked 120 Goals In His Final Year And Sykes Won The RFL Goalkicking At Age 43 Or Something......Freakish

ben perkins 2 or 3 year ago was freakish, i enjoyed watching that bloke play!! is a good as anyone on his day

Based on this year you would have to have McPherson as the best defender ( NSW ), Duncan (NSW), McDonald, Aiken, Maybe a habel or rankin as best onballers, Geppert (NSW) they reckoned he was the best forward at the NSW championships, maybe a mckelvie when he was going as the forwards

Based on this year you would have to have McPherson as the best defender ( NSW ), Duncan (NSW), McDonald, Aiken, Maybe a habel or rankin as best onballers, Geppert (NSW) they reckoned he was the best forward at the NSW championships, maybe a mckelvie when he was going as the forwards

What about Campbell or Donaldson u goose?

Just got two things to add and you can all go and tell me to get stuffed as I don't usually post on this thread, although I did play in the RFL in the early 2000's.
When looking at the best footy player in the riverina, are you only looking within the Wagga/MIA region??? Because I can tell you that the nuff nuffs mentioned would be lucky to get a game down south, especially in the O&M. I could bring to the table 20+players who would absolutely sh@t all over any of the mentioned players to date!
Likewise, it just goes to show how much the footy around the region has gone backwards. Of all the players mentioned previously, Christian McPherson, Donaldson and Blair Campbell are good solid players. Noone has mentioned Atiken who obviously has been in a pretty secure comfort zone for a while. The mention of some of the players makes me cringe!!!
I'm not going to elaborate but when posting a thread like this maybe it should look more specifically at a competition and look at best players in specified positions.
Anyway as I said, I just found this out of exploration, have had a couple of beers and thought I would throw in my two bobs!
Cheers!

BJ Woods and Habel best young players, throw foley in there 1 teir below... sorry mate but as long as your wearin a glove you've got no chance!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just got two things to add and you can all go and tell me to get stuffed as I don't usually post on this thread, although I did play in the RFL in the early 2000's.
When looking at the best footy player in the riverina, are you only looking within the Wagga/MIA region??? Because I can tell you that the nuff nuffs mentioned would be lucky to get a game down south, especially in the O&M. I could bring to the table 20+players who would absolutely sh@t all over any of the mentioned players to date!
Likewise, it just goes to show how much the footy around the region has gone backwards. Of all the players mentioned previously, Christian McPherson, Donaldson and Blair Campbell are good solid players. Noone has mentioned Atiken who obviously has been in a pretty secure comfort zone for a while. The mention of some of the players makes me cringe!!!
I'm not going to elaborate but when posting a thread like this maybe it should look more specifically at a competition and look at best players in specified positions.
Anyway as I said, I just found this out of exploration, have had a couple of beers and thought I would throw in my two bobs!
Cheers!
yes sorry your right i should have renamed this thread best player in the rfl and farrer league

isnt it great how everyones opinions are different and bias lol.

now I know Blair is the RFL B&F and i cant take that away from him and well done mate, but lets look at it abit. Blair has not changed his game in the years he has been at Turvey and yes he is a good footballer but if a bloke doesnt change his style in years isnt that saying something about the standard of the League if a bloke like blair wins.

although now retired would have 2 say rob harper would b up there with best players in the riverina...around about dozen club b/f has gotta say sumthin about a bloke...and throw in there a bag full of mirool silo kicks under his belt makes for a pretty impressive resume!!

although now retired would have 2 say rob harper would b up there with best players in the riverina...around about dozen club b/f has gotta say sumthin about a bloke...and throw in there a bag full of mirool silo kicks under his belt makes for a pretty impressive resume!!

he could play alright. i should say can as hes still going around isnt he?

isnt it great how everyones opinions are different and bias lol.

now I know Blair is the RFL B&F and i cant take that away from him and well done mate, but lets look at it abit. Blair has not changed his game in the years he has been at Turvey and yes he is a good footballer but if a bloke doesnt change his style in years isnt that saying something about the standard of the League if a bloke like blair wins.

very few players change there style once there 23 or wateva...and why would he? as an onballer changing off half back hes bn a pretty valuable player so a long time...represented murray league, RFL, playd swans 2nds games, NSW, southern nsw and won a league RFL medal, so hes had a pretty good go at it old son...im sure oncewas that youve won a league medal and playd for the league to be criticising his playing style?

very few players change there style once there 23 or wateva...and why would he? as an onballer changing off half back hes bn a pretty valuable player so a long time...represented murray league, RFL, playd swans 2nds games, NSW, southern nsw and won a league RFL medal, so hes had a pretty good go at it old son...im sure oncewas that youve won a league medal and playd for the league to be criticising his playing style?

sorry young fella the main point of what i was saying is that the league is dropping in standard of players. its not a personal attack on Blair at all

I agree with putting up rob harpers name, easliy the most dominating player in the rfl/ffl.
However the best player in the riverina is (this can hardly be debated) Chris Daniher.
100+ games of league football as well as a premiership with essendon. Many good players have been suggested but Daniher is at a different, much, much better than any other player going around the riverina

I agree with putting up rob harpers name, easliy the most dominating player in the rfl/ffl.
However the best player in the riverina is (this can hardly be debated) Chris Daniher.
100+ games of league football as well as a premiership with essendon. Many good players have been suggested but Daniher is at a different, much, much better than any other player going around the riverina
Adam Schneider has done the same

Remove this Banner Ad

Back