The BigFooty Liverpool Army

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't have been too against us getting knocked out, but the fact that Coutinho and Henderson started here and not against Hull seems to mean that we somehow valued this game in some way more than the League game

That's drawing a long bow - let's not forget Sterling & Gerrard were left out of the squad - it's more about squad rotation.

Probably not so much Henderson but not starting Coutinho in the league game with a view to start him in a league cup game just isn't right

Honestly wouldn't care about this comp with the amount of games we have, would've preferred some kids like Rossiter who deserves another start getting one. This is a comp for a CL club to blood your kids

85th minute: This is ridiculous, Balotelli can't even score a goal in normal play he should be sac......
86th minute: Balotelli!!!!!, what an absolute legend, signing of the summer.

Lovren just let Emnes go as well, was piss poor again, but we're past the anger stage with our defending

Great great finish from Mario, too, can't fathom how a guy who is undoubtedly talented can do that then miss an open goal from 5 yards out
Agree Lovren lets him go, but what the hell is Toure doing so far out of position.

If anyone is at fault its probably due to the organisation at the back as opposed to an individual error

Excellent deliveries from Borini and Coutinho for our 2 goals, Balotelli makes the right run into the 6 yard box and gets his reward! Fitting that the 2 players who probably needed the confidence boost the most got on the score sheet.

Thought we were pretty comfortably the better side for most of the game with Coutinho (MOTM again) and Borini the standouts for us, Manquillo and Johnson :eek: also played reasonably well. 20 shots on goal to Swansea's 5 so we had the lion's share of the opportunities, unfortunately most of them were from right on the edge of the penalty area and for some reason directed straight at their keeper?? You'd expect our accuracy to be a little better and for at least a couple of those attempts to go in, promising signs but some things to work on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

B & B should start against the geordies on the weekend and we should go the diamond formation with Gerrard playing deep, Hendo & Can in the middle & Coutinho at 10. Bring raheem off the bench if the game isn't going to plan. Balo can't play by himself up front.

I'd prefer Allen to Can, but I don't disagree with the logic. Lallana also available to come on as an impact sub.

I missed the game. Got my night mixed and thought the game was tonight. I was so annoyed at myself but less annoyed when I saw the result and who scored. After reading about the game, apparently we werent very good again. I will have to hunt for some highlights.

Still a win is a win, we got a rest for Stevie and Sterling and we're into the QF's. Cant complain.

Also really glad the two goalscorers were Balo and Lovren, both are in dire need of a shot of confidence, hopefully that can spur them on to better performances.

I missed the game. Got my night mixed and thought the game was tonight. I was so annoyed at myself but less annoyed when I saw the result and who scored. After reading about the game, apparently we werent very good again. I will have to hunt for some highlights.

No kidding, same here. Thought the game was tonight. ah well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back