The BigFooty Liverpool Army

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weekend ahead .. really Important match against the inform Toon .. Questions does Borini start with Mario, will BR manage/rest anyone for the mid-week CL clash. All in all I see this match more crucial than the CL .. I'd go with:

-----------------Mig-------------
Johnson--Skrtel--Lovren----Moreno--
--------------Gerrard-------------------
--Coutinho---------Henderson--------
-----------Sterling------------
-----Borini---------Balotelli--------

Must win!

Weekend ahead .. really Important match against the inform Toon .. Questions does Borini start with Mario, will BR manage/rest anyone for the mid-week CL clash. All in all I see this match more crucial than the CL .. I'd go with:

Must win!
I would go with that line up, Borini seems to hold the key to Balotelli. FORZA ITALIA! :p

I've been saying play Borini for the last few weeks and what happens?

He delivers a peach of a cross to Balotelli. Gives Balotelli a parter to work with, gives him confidence etc.
It's a great move. Just have Lambert come off the bench to run his heart out for 20-30 mins if it's not Balotelli or Borinis day.

Must win!

I'd play Lallana at CAM with Coutinho and Sterling on the wings.
Maybe Henderson can come off the bench later in the game.

I'd play Lallana at CAM with Coutinho and Sterling on the wings.
Maybe Henderson can come off the bench later in the game.
Are you crazy. You want to play Gerrard, Lallana, Sterling and Coutinho in midfield. We will get smashed. Henderson must play and will no doubt start. Lallana on the bench I feel.

Are you crazy. You want to play Gerrard, Lallana, Sterling and Coutinho in midfield. We will get smashed. Henderson must play and will no doubt start. Lallana on the bench I feel.
We have a game vs Real Madrid a few days later which is why I think we should bench Henderson.

Last edited:
If we have a game against Real Madrid in a couple of days then why play him and Coutinho in a league cup game

Anyhow, I think one of Allen or Can will end up playing, with or without Henderson

Sterling will probably start, dunno about Coutinho (whom should start for sure), then it's either one of Lallana Borini or Coutinho with Balotelli

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have a game vs Real Madrid a few days later which is why I think we should bench Henderson.
But the league is more important than the CL. We are going to get nothing from Wed game. Absolutely nothing. They battered us 3-0 at Anfield, what do you think will happen on their turf?

We need to concentrate on the league to ensure we are still in the CL next season.

I'm less confident than I was re Reus (even though I wasn't that confident). Apperently his fave club is Arsenal and Man City are now keen. You could as well add Chelsea and Man U to that list.

But the league is more important than the CL. We are going to get nothing from Wed game. Absolutely nothing. They battered us 3-0 at Anfield, what do you think will happen on their turf?

We need to concentrate on the league to ensure we are still in the CL next season.

Your right. But I just don't want to get eliminated in the group stage in the CL. If we can snatch a point vs Real Madrid and get 3 points vs Newcastle with Henderson only playing 20-30 mins in the Newcastle game, that is a huge win for us and helps manage Henderson as we don't want to overwork him.

Although it was great to get a win vs Swansea in the capital one cup. I'm really not a fan of these short breaks hence me worrying about players fitness.

Your right. But I just don't want to get eliminated in the group stage in the CL. If we can snatch a point vs Real Madrid and get 3 points vs Newcastle with Henderson only playing 20-30 mins in the Newcastle game, that is a huge win for us and helps manage Henderson as we don't want to overwork him.

Although it was great to get a win vs Swansea in the capital one cup. I'm really not a fan of these short breaks hence me worrying about players fitness.
We dont need a point against Real to get out of the group. We can lose that game then just beat Basel and Ludogorets in our last two to get out of the group.

We have a big squad thanks to the summer. We should go hell for leather against Newcastle to try to secure the three points and then rotate if we really must against Real Madrid as we are going to lose anyways.

We dont need a point against Real to get out of the group. We can lose that game then just beat Basel and Ludogorets in our last two to get out of the group.

We have a big squad thanks to the summer. We should go hell for leather against Newcastle to try to secure the three points and then rotate if we really must against Real Madrid as we are going to lose anyways.

It's not an ideal situation but hopefully we can get the win vs Newcastle.
Sakho is apparently 2-3 weeks away from being back in action so Lovren/Skrtel might have to play both BPL and CL games too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back