The BigFooty Liverpool Army

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
tom-cruise-on-oprah-o.gif

what a sweet young team, we wanted it more, city perhaps felt a little entitled but this young hunger is powerful!!

now go everton!!!

Repeated both goals over and over for 10mins each.

Henderson caught me by surprise with his goal, he normally he skies them. Perhaps the best goal he's ever kicked.

Coutinho is really starting to make the edge of the box "His area" I think he's scored 3-5 goals from there this season.

Not even close imo, last seasons win was sooo ******* special at the time, words cant describe the feelings every Liverpool supporter had after that match.
I meant in terms of performance. Last season's definitely topped tonight on emotion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How ******* good was that boys! Two cracking goals. Totally agree with whoever defended Allen pre-game, the guy has been doing a job lately and did so again tonight.

Haven't loved a manager in any sport before as much as I do Rogers. He doesn't always get it right, but he does more often than not, and he'll die trying rather than settle for mediocrity.

I thought Lallana was magnificent. Allen great and Coutinho fantastic.

Really, only lovren and Migs looked shaky and nervous at times.

8 mill for Coutinho? Outrageous theft.

Kudos to Allen. Didn't cough up the ball and passed well.

Lovren on the other hand was awful. Loomed nervous and barely hit teammates with his passing. Very lucky to win with him on the field. Sakho can't he back quick enough.
Be fair bud, Lovren's first half was pretty ordinary but he was a lot better in the second half. I would say he didn't miss a pass in the second half.
Alen, Hendo and Lallana all great but BOG for me has to go to the wonder kid that cant stop scoring atm, PHILIPPE COUTINHO

What is his 'role'? Right now, to be a living aura. He's had his position chopped and changed in an attempt to keep him in the team for a couple of years.

As far as attacking mids, we already have Coutinho coming on to replace him, and also Lallana. But Gerrard stopped being that player 5 years ago.

As a defensive midfielder? Lucas is already better and I suspect we'll dip into the market for a new player in that position, but not one in the mould of Gerrard.

As a deep lying playmaker? We don't really use one, but Henderson has that second deep midfield position on lock.

'Gerrard's replacement' is nothing but a media term. There is no replacement, from an objective perspective and sentimentally.
Well we will never replace him. Sure we have good players, better players than he is currently so "replacing him" isnt really an issue, not as much as it would have been had he left in his prime.

But replacing him on a whole, like as in what he means to the club. He is probably our greatest ever player and his career is coming to an end. We will never find a bloke again who contributes so much to the club over his entire career. He will be sorely missed.

Oh and if their is one part we do still miss him on the field currently. It's dead ball situations. We have no decent FK takers, corner takers or if Balo or Lambert arent on and neither are really first XI then we have no decent pen taker either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back