The BigFooty Liverpool Army

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i signed on the LFC TV only to realise an hour later its on setanta sports which i also have. Oh well, at least the money goes to charity

Just saw Harry Kewell wearing the number 16 instead of 7. Surely he is better than Suarez and also Xabi and Henry are both wearing number 14.

Abit odd that he's not wearing the number 7.

Emotional game.
Great to see a lot of stars coming back.
Sad to see them go.

CBRpvj_UwAESGYz.png

I didnt get to watch the game as I was at work. Ive seen the goals though. The reception that Suarez and Torres got when they came on was awesome.

For all you guys who watched it. Was it a fun game? Did Xabi get some love from the Kop? Did we sing the Luis Garcia song? Did we belt out the Luis Suarez song and most importantly did we sing the Fernando Torres song? Seeing him back at Anfield, I hope that we did.

Last edited:
Also these two things.

Six quotes from Henry about Liverpool FC. I always loved me a bit of Henry, his skills as a footballer always made me like him but he has always had such a massive respect for our club which always made me like him more.

"Anfield is the atmosphere I love. It's unbelievable. Ive played in a lot of stadiums but for me there is nothing like playing at Liverpool"

"A kid asked me if I would have liked to play for another team. Straight away I said Liverpool."

"I love it when you step out of the dressing room and you see the Kop, the scarves, and you hear people singing You'll Never Walk Alone. Just that, that would do it for me."

"First of all, I would have loved to play with Steven Gerrard and second, I like the club and their fans. There's something about Anfield that you cant explain."

"As a midfielder for me, Steven Gerrard was unstoppable, along with Paul Scholes. We had so many battles and I always used to say to him: It would have been an honour to play with you."

"Joining Liverpool was mentioned but it would have been difficult for me to go to another Premier League club after Arsenal. We talked about it but nothing was in it, really. It was just us talking about our wishes."

Ah my man crush on Thierry Henry grows deeper.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In other news.

The 28-year-old was back at Anfield this afternoon for a charity game between Steven Gerrard and Jamie Carragher, and speaking after the final whistle, Suarez admitted that if he did return to the Premier League, the only club he'd sign for would be Liverpool.

He said: "You never know. If I play in England again, it will be for Liverpool, not another team.

"Four years ago I crossed my fingers to play with Fernando, but he left three days after I signed. It was amazing to be back. The supporters are in my heart."

I'd love to see him come back one day. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didnt get to watch the game as I was at work. Ive seen the goals though. The reception that Suarez and Torres got when they came on was awesome.

For all you guys who watched it. Was it a fun game. Did Xabi get some love from the Kop. Did we sing the Luis Garcia song. Did we belt out the Luis Suarez song and most importantly did we sing the Fernando Torres song. Seeing him back at Anfield, I hope that we did.

Sterling set to REJECT 180,000 per week contract.
Get the f*ck out of here Raheem, I've had enough of you. 180,000 a WEEK!

EDIT: I'm wound up thinking about it! Haha. Coutiniho is on what? 70 a week? How does Raheem consider himself 110,000 per week better than him?! Greedy boy.

EDIT: I'm wound up thinking about it! Haha. Coutiniho is on what? 70 a week? How does Raheem consider himself 110,000 per week better than him?! Greedy boy.
Really!?! I'd like to know where he thinks he'll get that money? He's good but he ain't that good. Do you have a link?

Talks of Arsenal swooping in to get him.

There's been a new rumour on this just about every single day over the last few weeks, and none seem to be based on anything other than wild speculation nor are they reported by anyone with even a pinch of credibility.

Only papers worth listening to on rumours like this are the Liverpool Echo, the Times, the Guardian and occasionally the Telegraph.

I have to say I'm not in the slightest bit concerned about Raheem's future. He's developing well and all indications from him are that he's very happy at Liverpool. In any case, the only clubs that could afford him are clubs that either a) we wouldn't sell to (ie United, Chelsea, City or Arsenal) or b) that he wouldn't start at (at this stage of his career at least).

I'm sure there are details to do with Sterling's manager splitting from his previous agency that we aren't privy to (one that I've heard is that his former agency is entitled to commission on any deal signed prior to July 1st, his agent will naturally be looking to avoid that situation with his premier client); but at the moment like I said it's all speculation. Personally I'm confident he'll re-sign, and no doubt we'll pay him exactly what he's worth.

One final thing I will add, and I mentioned this in another thread.. The new rules being enforced from May this year on the increased number of homegrown players each squad must contain, coupled with the massive injection of revenue from the renegotiated EPL TV rights deal are going to see the wages and transfer fees paid for the best English players skyrocket even further over the next few years as the wealthier clubs scramble for the relatively small number of elite 'homegrown' talents on offer. Simple supply & demand economics.

With that in mind, I would advise everyone not to be surprised if what Sterling ends up signing on for seems extremely disproportionate given his age. If he isn't already, he will be the best player in the country in the next year or 2 and as such will be in incredibly high demand. His wages will reflect that, and with the revenues of most sides increasing by 20-30% in the next 12 months what may seem to be a ludicrous salary today may seem normal in a few years time (Sydney adopted this philosophy when they signed up Buddy).

Last edited:

If he wont accept 180k p/w it would be about wanting to leave rather than greed.

I don't believe the story though, there's no way we offered him similar to what Suarez was getting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back