The BigFooty Liverpool Army

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be it for Wisdom at Liverpool you would think. This will be his third consecutive season on loan. I'd be surprised if he plays another competitive game for us.
Didnt he just sign a new deal for us a few weeks ago though? But yeah, another loan. Doesnt look good for him. He would want to boss it at Norwich to find a way back in.

Wonder what we are gonna do with Ilori.

Also just on YouTube and somehow came across Sterling's first day at City. A 10 min video of him signing papers, meeting the childrens team, going to the club shop. Then he met City legend, I forget his name, he used to wear number 7 too. A bloke named Summerbee maybe? I dont know. Huge legend obviously.

Then he does his first City interview with some chick for Citytv, then he wears the official kit and they take official photos, then he goes outside the ground and meets all of about 20 fans and takes obligatory photos of holding up the scarf and s**t.

As I was watching, I realised how much I hate him now and how much I hope he completely fails, or better yet, we have a much better year. It's unlikely but id love to finish higher than City in the league just because of that twat haha.

Didnt he just sign a new deal for us a few weeks ago though? But yeah, another loan. Doesnt look good for him. He would want to boss it at Norwich to find a way back in.

Wonder what we are gonna do with Ilori.

Yeah he signed a new contract not long ago, which to me seemed a bit strange.

Not sure what is happening with Ilori. I would have thought that he should be ahead of Toure at least in the CB queue.

I also got looking at some of the official YouTube channels of the big clubs. Namely the big 5.

City's YouTube channel is bloody awesome. They have over 2,600 videos on the channel and in the past week have uploaded near on 40 videos. That is the benchmark. They have some great content on there including some interesting behind the curtain stuff. I just watched a video of just the players returning after the summer for the first day back. All they are doing is walking into the lobby but it's interesting to see the people who work there, how they interact and stuff.

I checked out Chelsea's. They have 8 video's posted in the last week but 7 of the 8 video's uploaded are under 40 seconds long. The other one is just 2:41 long. They have a total of 1,977 video's on their channel. It doesnt look like great content though despite the many vids.

Arsenal have just 289 videos on their official YouTube channel. Nine video's have been uploaded in the last week. Despite the small number of video's the content looks decent. A number of first team players doing ultimate XI's. Some video with plane banter between Ox and Chamber, a few behind the scenes stuff when Petr Cech signed but nothing like City's channel.

Then I checked United's and I couldnt find one which completely shocked me. Did I miss something pantskyle Bojan KantKick. Do United not have an official YouTube channel? I did find an apparent official YouTube channel but there was no video's, no content. Just a blank page.

Then there is our YouTube channel. We have 428 video's up. So more than Arsenal but far less than Chelsea and City. We have 12 videos uploaded in the last week. Whilst some of the content is great, I feel most of it, in fact probably all of it, is just ported over from LFCtv. While that's not a bad thing, I think, and I have no facts to back this up, but it looks like City in particular have a dedicated YouTube team separate from there TV channel.

That's what we need I think. Stylistically too, the City YouTube channel is really great, it shows that they are YouTube vids, rather that just content brought over from another media.

We've always been playing catch up with social media and the internet as for whatever ridiculous reasons we took an age to get on board with it. I read once that we were the last Premier League team to have it's own official website. That's crazy considering our global reach. We've made huge strides in the last 10 years, even more so since FSG took over. We made large strides with Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LFCtv is terrific. But I think our YouTube channel needs some love and better and more content.

We should pretty much just copy what City do, but it will be better, because it will be about Liverpool :D

Also just looking at subscribing numbers.

Chelsea - 449,232
Man City - 434,758
Liverpool - 359,730
Arsenal - 263,204

So Chelsea have nearly four times as many video's up and City even more, maybe five or six times as many yet the subscription numbers arent hugely higher.

Not that it's a numbers game. I dont care who has more subscribers, but we already have huge numbers with what I believe to be a sub par YouTube channel. With our fanbase and production the likes of City's channel, it would definitely boost our online presence.

Plus it would give me something awesome to watch.

@AHunterGuardian: Andre Wisdom is expected to complete a season-long loan move from Liverpool to Norwich in next few days. #LFC to receive £1.25m loan fee.

As others have said, you'd think that would be the first stage towards him making a permanent move away. Good footballer, I'm sure he'll go on to have a successful career, just not quite at the standard required by Liverpool. Hopefully he starts spending more time in his natural position at CB.

Then I checked United's and I couldnt find one which completely shocked me. Did I miss something pantskyle Bojan KantKick. Do United not have an official YouTube channel? I did find an apparent official YouTube channel but there was no video's, no content. Just a blank page.
Hi mate, unfortunately United either don't have an official youtube channel or i haven't managed to find it. SAF never liked social media (no twitter or FB until after he left), but the club have worked hard on it since he left. The clubs twitter account regularly post video's which can be viewed on twitter (don't link through to Youtube). The Glazers have a long term vision of monetizing MUTV (on-selling United's EPL rights overseas through MUTV) so i imagine this is the reason there is no official youtube channel. It does annoy me as i used to watch all the reserve games as a kid in England. Some committed followers of the club post all the press conferences, interviews, player comps, reserve highlights, etc but it's not quite the same.

I know that City put a great deal of work into their social media presence. I know that you won't be particularly interested in watching it :D, but they did a 10+ minute video of Sterling's first day at City. United do a press conference and then a 2 minute 1 on 1 interview with the players (if they are big enough signings and speak english).

Typical Rogers sub activity is bringing on Lambert at 85min, and an extra Centre Half at 87min

That's about it

He's really become quite conservative since he started (much to my chagrin) - I remember he onced subbed Suso in before half time

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also just looking at subscribing numbers.

Chelsea - 449,232
Man City - 434,758
Liverpool - 359,730
Arsenal - 263,204

So Chelsea have nearly four times as many video's up and City even more, maybe five or six times as many yet the subscription numbers arent hugely higher.

Not that it's a numbers game. I dont care who has more subscribers, but we already have huge numbers with what I believe to be a sub par YouTube channel. With our fanbase and production the likes of City's channel, it would definitely boost our online presence.

Plus it would give me something awesome to watch.

I'm just going to assume that LFCtv and MUFCtv are bigger components over in the UK, (and to some degree here), which also provide revenue at the same time...

So Gomez is our backup RCB for Clyne?
I think Gomez is our backup for both sides to be honest. Maybe even first choice at LB. I doubt there are any truth to rumours of Moreno leaving. We have zero FB's as it is. We have Clyne, Flanagan, Enrique and Moreno as real full backs. Gomez is a CB by trade and Wisdom has just been shipped off on loan. Next cab off the rank would be academy player, Maguire.

Flanno is also out for god knows how long and Enrique wasnt even taken on the tour.

No way does Moreno leave and we are probably relying on Gomez to be very good, very quickly. Gotta pray for minimal injuries at FB this season. I also wonder if we are in for Digne, god knows we need more FB's.

Gomez might end up playing left back if the rumours about Moreno possibly going to an Italian team are true.
They aren't, I can guarentee we aren't selling our good fullbacks. We're already lacking in depth and Moreno has shown more than enough to suggest he'll be good for us in the Prem.

Hi mate, unfortunately United either don't have an official youtube channel or i haven't managed to find it. SAF never liked social media (no twitter or FB until after he left), but the club have worked hard on it since he left. The clubs twitter account regularly post video's which can be viewed on twitter (don't link through to Youtube). The Glazers have a long term vision of monetizing MUTV (on-selling United's EPL rights overseas through MUTV) so i imagine this is the reason there is no official youtube channel. It does annoy me as i used to watch all the reserve games as a kid in England. Some committed followers of the club post all the press conferences, interviews, player comps, reserve highlights, etc but it's not quite the same.

I know that City put a great deal of work into their social media presence. I know that you won't be particularly interested in watching it :D, but they did a 10+ minute video of Sterling's first day at City. United do a press conference and then a 2 minute 1 on 1 interview with the players (if they are big enough signings and speak english).
That's completely crazy bro. United are one of the biggest football clubs in the world. I thought I was just having a derp moment and not being able to find their official YouTube channel.

It's interesting that SAF didnt rate social media, obviously he is from a different time but I think social media is hugely important to clubs now as the world revolves around social media. I want Liverpool to have a huge presence on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube etc. It has massive advantages for so many obvious reasons. Im gobsmacked United dont have an official channel!?

It's interesting that you say United's Twitter account puts up video's and while that's good, a lot of people dont have twitter. I find that Twitter is a famous persons thing more than a normal person thing. I dont have a Twitter account, none of my friends do. In fact I dont really know anybody who has a Twitter account.

Does anyone on BF have a Twitter account?

I can understand how annoyed you would be with no YouTube presence as MUTV and LFCtv etc arent as easy to watch or costs money outside of England. I can buy a subscription to LFCtv through the official website, but I can also see a ton of content already from LFCtv on YouTube for free.

I also did watch that Sterling video on City's YouTube channel, the post above the one which I tagged you in, I spoke about it. Which led me to start having a look at the YouTube presence of each club.

Im a big YouTuber too. I honestly believe I could improve LFC's YouTube channel immediately if they were to hire me. Just doesnt seem like we have a dedicated YouTube team unfortunately. Still it's better than United's which is strange that you dont have one at all.

I've seen a lot of people wonder exactly why Gomez was playing left back.. to me it's the same reason guys like Wisdom and Flanagan got runs at left back (Wisdom at WBA - and I know Flano had to be thrown there but it would've happened anyway) - what chance do they have of making it as "just" a right back? how many good full backs these days are not versatile? the way these modern coaches think, especially the guys like BR, a full back isn't a right back or left back but a full back. You needs to add strings to your bow to survive, they all do. You never know when the team might need you, you have to be in it to win it. You wont be selected if you're not in the picture. and other sayings. Even in the Championship they don't wanna take a gamble on a young centre half and play him for 30/40 games, they want survival with some experienced lug, not nurturing a Liverpool defender.

I've seen a lot of people wonder exactly why Gomez was playing left back.. to me it's the same reason guys like Wisdom and Flanagan got runs at left back (Wisdom at WBA - and I know Flano had to be thrown there but it would've happened anyway) - what chance do they have of making it as "just" a right back? how many good full backs these days are not versatile? the way these modern coaches think, especially the guys like BR, a full back isn't a right back or left back but a full back. You needs to add strings to your bow to survive, they all do. You never know when the team might need you, you have to be in it to win it. You wont be selected if you're not in the picture. and other sayings. Even in the Championship they don't wanna take a gamble on a young centre half and play him for 30/40 games, they want survival with some experienced lug, not nurturing a Liverpool defender.
I agree with this. 30 years ago, you had top, top players, world class players who had no left foot at all. Or no right foot. Football has evolved and attacking players in particular need to be excellent with both feet. But that shouldnt rule out defenders. I think Rodgers is a big believer that every player should be able to be comfortable with either foot so FB's should be able to play on the left or the right.

Of course you're always going to have as stronger side, your more natural side so for instance Clyne will play far more at RB than he would at LB. But in today's game, he needs to be able to slide across at any time and there be minimal drop off in performance.

Same for CB's and playing either side of central defense.

I have Twitter but barely use it. It's incredibly more useable if people you know use it but it never took off amongst my friends. Incredibly useful for information and news on the go though, more than anything else. In that regard, it's very useable and useful for the regular person.
Fair enough, I just dont see a need for it for regular folk. Plenty of up to the minute news spread across Facebook.

Twitter is obviously huge for famous people.

Fair enough, I just dont see a need for it for regular folk. Plenty of up to the minute news spread across Facebook.

Twitter is obviously huge for famous people.
It's better than FB in the sense that you don't have to sort through all the fluff of shitty funny videos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back