The BigFooty Liverpool Army

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Swansea game in a few days.

Lucas suspended. Coutinho, Skrtel and Rossiter all could return.

A win could move us from 9th to as high as 6th.

Predicted team
Benteke
Coutinho-Firmino-Milner
Allen-Can
Moreno-Skrtel-Lovren-Clyne
Mignolet

Subs: Bogdan, Toure, Randall, Rossiter, Ibe, Lallana, Origi

We'd be pushing our luck playing Coutinho. I thought that the standard recovery time for even the most minor hamstring strains is 21 days?

Predicting Shelvey to score a worldie then give away a penalty and get sent off.

Sturridge Pre-game? :p

Jurgen Klopp confirmed in today's press conference ahead of the Swansea match that midfielder Joe Allen will replace the suspended Lucas Leiva in the starting lineup on Sunday.
Klopp said: "Joe Allen yesterday, it was very important that he could play 60 minutes, very good minutes. We took him off for Swansea."

On the suspension of Lucas Leiva, the German said.
"I hope he's not a big miss. I like players like this. He's improved since we've been here. He has really good personality.

"We have to defend very well and if we play football we can find spaces and be dangerous for them (Swansea).

"Klopp said he is not sure if Christian Benteke will start on Sunday, having played 90 minutes against Bordeaux in midweek.

Klopp: "I don't know in this moment whether Christian is able to play two games in three days."

Klopp confirmed Sturridge's foot injury is not serious and he has an outside chance for Sunday.

"It's not that serious. It's completely normal after a long injury. We have to stay patient.

"Does Sturridge have a chance for Sunday? I don’t know. But five weeks in a row without playing means he needs matches.

"It is not the most difficult situation in this moment with the strikers because we have Christian, Divock and Roberto." added Klopp.

Klopp also revealed captain Jordan Henderson is nearing return following surgery on his broken foot.

From Klopp's presser when asked about Sturridge;
I cannot think of this like you because I have not been here that long. But I understand. His body had to adapt to the new intensity of training and learn what is serious pain and what is only pain. Everyone wants him back on the pitch but we all have to learn. Training for him was intensive. But we have to stay patient. I am sorry for you, sorry for me, sorry for him.

Well that sounds like a backhander.

Guys we cant sell Sturridge, that's just nonsense. Nobody is gonna buy him and take on his wages cos he cant get on the park. He's ours, we're stuck with him. We just have to treat him as a luxury player from now on.

This. I think people have been playing too much FIFA, you can't just sell a guy on 150k p/w who never plays.

One option would be to loan him out and cover half his wages. But even that might not be possible if Sturridge doesn't want to move abroad.

Marc-Andre-ter-Stegen.jpg

Babeliest babe
Needs more beard.

A win could move us from 9th to as high as 6th.

Predicted team
Benteke
Coutinho-Firmino-Milner
Allen-Can
Moreno-Skrtel-Lovren-Clyne
Mignolet

Subs: Bogdan, Toure, Randall, Rossiter, Ibe, Lallana, Origi
I think if Coutinho is right to go, then Klopp will go with the same front three that worked so well against Chelsea and City.

Coutinho Firmino Lallana
Can Allen Milner
Moreno Lovren Skrtel Clyne
Mignolet

Cant wait to get Henderson back, he's going to be a big IN. He's looked good in the footage ive seen of full training, he looks close to a return. Not this weekend but perhaps next week I think.

Have only just thought of this, imagine if we drew Borussia Dortmund in the knock out stages of the Europa League.

Could be as early as the next round as it looks like we'll top our group and they wont.

We'd be pushing our luck playing Coutinho. I thought that the standard recovery time for even the most minor hamstring strains is 21 days?

Predicting Shelvey to score a worldie then give away a penalty and get sent off.

isnt shelves suspended?

Have only just thought of this, imagine if we drew Borussia Dortmund in the knock out stages of the Europa League.

weird-dance-by-lakers-bench-players-nba-gifs-2012-2013.gif

lakers_celebration.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kolo Toure wants to re-sign. His deal runs out at the end of the season. He says he is not even thinking about retirement. He'd play for another 5-6 years if he could.
If he wants to play on on low wages, he's decent back up. Solid squad player. Id take him on for another year.

Stupid to even suggest selling him. Only way a team takes him on is if we paid part of the wages and probably for a very small fee. No one's taking a risk on him for massive wages and fee. Just keep him and hope you get a lucky patch where he plays a few games and contributes, we have to approach it like he's not even in the squad though.

Real backhander from Jurg at Studge, if even Jurg basically implies he's soft then we've got a problem
I dont know if it's a problem. Klopp is right. I think it's time Sturridge took a nice big swig of tough juice. Liverpool pay him a lot of money, it's time to play. It's all mental with him.

Maybe it is time he had a manager come down on him and say enough is enough. Honestly he has been out for so long, you sometimes forget he even plays for us. He's played what, 4 or 5 games in about 18 months??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back