The BigFooty Liverpool Army

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also on last night, and I'm not normally one for conspiracy theories, but did anyone else find the appearance on the bench of Sturridge almost suspicious?

Klopp has been talking for ages about Sturridge needing to complete a certain number (10 was it?) of consecutive training sessions before he would be considered for a return. As of last night he apparently had not reached that number.

But then you have the growing discontent among fans about Sturridge's status, reports during the week casting doubt on his desire to play for the club, former players coming out and questioning him and his mentality, and of course last night the planned ticketing protests - did the club put him on the bench as a move to try to appease fans and relieve some of the tense atmosphere surrounding the club at present?

well klopp addressed the "10 days" s**t people have ran with in the pre-match presser, he didn't literally mean 10 training sessions he just said every player needs a bunch of sessions in a row to be in contention..

BUT i am all for conspiracy theories :D and i KNEW he wouldn't get on the pitch. when we first saw his mug on tele we saw his own dancing silhouette logo on his beanie, thought that was hilarious, nice brand promotion for sturridge the brand. when he was warming up i didn't think there was a chance he'd come on, he was deliberately on camera too many times for normal and yeah lucas was the more obvious sub and yea he was getting the attention because it's sturridge but still, as you alluded to it's all an act put on for us, we obviously don't know everything going on.

I think they always planned to bring Sturridge on, why put him on the bench in the first place. But with two enforced changes then the game going to 2-1. Lucas was the obvious last sub.

We then immediately conceded then needed a goal but couldnt bring Sturridge on.

Ah well the league is ****ed anyways. It's strange the crisis we seem to think we are in but if United and Chelsea draw tonight which is the result im leaning towards, we would just be 6 points out of 5th spot.

Horror league season but it's still kinda close. Well to finish 5th anyways, the top four is well gone.

I just want to go well in the cups now, see if we can win some silverware.

Was really upset the last 24 hours, But I reckon I've calmed down a bit.

The League is f'd but we are still in the the 3 cup comps.

The replay vs West Ham in a couple of days is very important and a shake-up of the squad and formation is probably needed.

Predicted team (4-4-2 Diamond)

------Sturridge-----Origi------
------------Coutinho-----------
Ojo-------------------------Ibe
--------------Lucas------------
Smith-Caulker-Ilori-Flanagan
--------------Ward-------------

Subs: Mignolet, Enrique, Randall, Stewart, Brannagan, Teixeira, Benteke

Was really upset the last 24 hours, But I reckon I've calmed down a bit.

The League is f'd but we are still in the the 3 cup comps.

The replay vs West Ham in a couple of days is very important and a shake-up of the squad and formation is probably needed.

Predicted team (4-4-2 Diamond)

------Sturridge-----Origi------
------------Coutinho-----------
Ojo-------------------------Ibe
--------------Lucas------------
--------------Ward-------------

Subs: Mignolet, Enrique, Randall, Stewart, Brannagan, Teixeira, Benteke
Would love that XI!! :D Just for lols. Wouldnt be much protection in midfield. Lucas would have to do a LOT of work, but * it, why not.

Also not sure Coutinho, Sturridge and Origi are ready for starts. All three I think might find their way to the bench.

If they are on the bench I'm guessing the team could be more like this.

Benteke
Ojo-Teixeira-Ibe
Lucas-Stewart
Ward

Subs: Mignolet, Enrique, Randall, Brannagan, Coutinho, Origi, Sturridge

If they are on the bench I'm guessing the team could be more like this.

Benteke
Ojo-Teixeira-Ibe
Lucas-Stewart
Ward

Subs: Mignolet, Enrique, Randall, Brannagan, Coutinho, Origi, Sturridge
I think that is a more likely team. I think Brannagan might find himself starting after playing so well in the first leg but I do want Ojo to get a start also. So maybe Ibe to the bench.

Tekkers one last chance before the cavalry (Origi/Studge) return.

Lol Sturridge, we know he will be injured again soon so im sure Benteke isnt too worried.

One positive from this season is Firmino slowly starting to come good. Early on it looked like he could be a massive bust but from what I'd seen of him in Germany, I knew there was a good player in there.

Thank god he is slowly working out the Premier League. The physicality of it, how you get less time on the ball. He is starting to use his body better, pick passes quicker, I also think he will benefit from playing with Sturridge and Coutinho when they come back.

6 goals and 6 assists in 30 games in all comps now. Plenty of games still to play to add to his tally, but he is slowly putting together a decent debut season for us.

I think we need to invest in a GK (Ter Stegen) and central midfield (Pjanic / Carvalho etc) first and foremost.

While the defense is a massive issue, a lot of it stems from Migs' nervousness and frailties.

Forward we have plenty of options - caveat - once they are all fit. Studge/Firmino/Origi/Ings. Oh and that other lump.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Sturridge allowed the play v West Ham? I know Caulker wasn't allowed to play the replay v Exeter, but that may have been because he wasn't at the club when the first match was played, rather than in a designated squad (a la Europa League).

If Sturridge is able to play v West Ham, start him.

Ward (Need to see what he can do)
Smith Caulker Ilori Flanagan
Stewart Lucas
Ojo Brannagan Teixera
Sturridge
Mignolet Enrique Maguire Chrivella Ibe Benteke Kent

Also Suarez got another goal over night.

36 goals and 8 assists in 34 games in all comps for Barca.

Leads La Liga golden boot race with 20, one in front of Ronaldo.

Boy do we miss him. :(

We were just lucky to ever have him. I still have his goals against Norwich at Anfield on IQ. The belter from 35 yards was just incredible.

One positive from this season is Firmino slowly starting to come good. Early on it looked like he could be a massive bust but from what I'd seen of him in Germany, I knew there was a good player in there.

Thank god he is slowly working out the Premier League. The physicality of it, how you get less time on the ball. He is starting to use his body better, pick passes quicker, I also think he will benefit from playing with Sturridge and Coutinho when they come back.

6 goals and 6 assists in 30 games in all comps now. Plenty of games still to play to add to his tally, but he is slowly putting together a decent debut season for us.

Firmino vs Norwich:

Had a poor game against Leicester but in general has been fantastic since moving to that False 9 role.

5 goals 2 assists in his last 5 league games.

6 goals 5 assists in the 6 games he has lined up at CF.

Exciting that we might finally get to see he, Sturridge & Coutinho all on the same pitch together for the first time this week. Firmino playing just behind Sturridge, Coutinho inside left, Lallana/Milner on the right. :thumbsu:

Fingers crossed Sturridge can hold himself together for more than 2 games this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back