The Chad Cornes school for kids who don't kick good

Remove this Banner Ad

Heard this too and thought 'Finally!!!'

All about routine and making adjustments on the outcomes, just like free throws in basketball.
Annoys me that the likes of Steph Curry trains himself to exhaustion in a practicec and then hangs around to drain 100 3pts (or similar), with lights, noise etc yet we haven't tried anyhing previously to address set shot kicking

I can't remember the exact wording but didn't one of our assistants say in the past that we as a club don't practice goal kicking because they'd rather do other sessions and found that it didn't improve the accuracy rate?
Of course it doesn't. It's not a skill issue. It's all mental with Ken Hinkley's mob of unconfident losers. Kicking goals at training in front of nobody won't change anything, training isn't scary like finals are.

Ah that's right I remember now.

Hartlett was going to be our defensive coach until he tore up the training track all pre-season and moved in to the midfield coaching role.

Hartlett is the sanfl senior coach

Hartlett is the sanfl senior coach
Emotion Reaction GIF

Set shots werent too bad, it was a lot of poor kicking on the run and snaps that missed more than set shots.

If only there was a guy that played for our club, was renown for his accurate goalkicking, who runs goalkicking clinics and lives in SA and is willing to help out. If only.

What would Jay Schulz know about kicking goals.... i mean he wasnt that good. He did kick 160 points in his career

Unironically this. The PAFC AFL era has always had a FF or two with a glove. The glove has been severely lacking since the retirement of Schulz. Hinkley destroys another part of our culture.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Remember when Travis Cloke had those gloves with the glue on them lol
Didn't tredders have them for a while too?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remember when Travis Cloke had those gloves with the glue on them lol
Didn't tredders have them for a while too?
Apparently the gloves that Hutchy used in that video were different to Cloke's, he took that quite personally lol.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

If only there was a guy that played for our club, was renown for his accurate goalkicking, who runs goalkicking clinics and lives in SA and is willing to help out. If only.
Not sure if John Rombotis is actually interested in being Port's kicking coach tbh?
Definitely we should enquire though ;)

I thought Dixon kicked really well against the Saints.

I was quite impressed that the big fella seemed to have put some work in and it paid dividends.
Set shots yes. Don't know what happened to that free kick he got 48m out on about 45 degrees in the 3rd quarter and he didn't make the distance. Maybe some fatigue at the time.

But that bloody shot running into goal from 20-25m out on a 45 degree angle and he hammered a checkside kick on his right and it went out of the full and would have been the sealer, was an absolute shocker. He could have steadier and kicked normally. yes by the time he kicked it the saints player almost got to him

Put it in the Norwood gameday thread, but lets get Tom Scully as our goal kicking coach.

He is a beautiful set shot kick for goal. His goal early in the first quarter from 35-40m out on a 45 degee angle, never looked like missing from the moment he guided the ball onto his boot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back