Sport The Cricket Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

So the South African tour has started and we are 4/175 on Day 1 against the South Efricans after being sent in on a pitch that is supposed to be bowler-friendly, not bad if we have a good session after tea. Harsha Bhogle always says don't judge a pitch until both teams have batted.
Judging now. We have absolutely ripped South Africa a new one at this point. Think we will come out swinging to start tonight, try and pile on 100 and have a half hour at them before lunch. Key will be removing ABD early as he has shown he is more than capable of batting and batting and batting and......

I know it's only a T20 but I have to admit I enjoyed the Poms going down to the Netherlands tonight

What do we think about KP's new book? Is he just seeking attention or is there some truth to his claims?

To me it just sounds like a case of a Leading Teams-style culture gone wrong, when the players are given too much power.

“But these guys ran the dressing room.

“The thing that horrified me the most was when Andy Flower and Andrew Strauss in Bangalore before the one-day internationals said: 'Guys we’ve got to stop this, it’s not right for the team, there are guys that have come to (us) that are intimidated to field the ball’.

“And they (the bowlers) had the audacity to stand there and say: 'No, if they’ve f----- up we deserve an apology’.

“I thought, ‘I reckon I could hit these guys’. Who do you think you are, to ask for an apology from someone who’s trying his heart out, who’s playing for his country, who’s making a mistake?

“Are you perfect, are you never going to drop a catch? Are you never going to bowl a wide? Are you never even going to make a mistake?

“But the double standard for me was the bigger thing. If one of them messed up – if Jimmy messed up, or Swanny messed up – nothing was ever said.

http://www.cricket.com.au/news-list/2014/10/6/kevin-pietersen-autobiography-targets-former-teammates

What do we think about KP's new book? Is he just seeking attention or is there some truth to his claims?

To me it just sounds like a case of a Leading Teams-style culture gone wrong, when the players are given too much power.

http://www.cricket.com.au/news-list/2014/10/6/kevin-pietersen-autobiography-targets-former-teammates
Leading teams is about honesty to all, from all. If what he says is true, it was simply a case of a group of players thinking they were more worthy than others and a leadership group too weak to pull them in line.

Bad day for NSW cricket, losing the one day domestic final and struggling to save the first Test against Pakistan ;)

I never said our spinners were good, but having said that, there aren't many other options...

That team is still average downhill skiers, only go as far as the captains dud back can drag them

Haddin should f off to retirement
Okeefe shouldnt even get tickets to a test match who picked that dud
Lyon wouldnt get me out
I have gotten doolan out , bats 3 but cant get a contract lol

Johnson is the only one who can bowl in that side
Clarke can bat though he is stuffed
Wouldnt give siddle a game in the backyard, yeah a+ for effort but just the token vic, rather hilfy play

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rogers has been very steady, who would replace him ? Haddin is a smartarse who should be told to piss off, Hartley is the best keeper bat by a mile

Rogers, Maxwell, Lyon, Siddle, Starc are all plodders.
When half the team are plodders what hope is there?

Rogers, Maxwell, Lyon, Siddle, Starc are all plodders.
When half the team are plodders what hope is there?
Rodgers has been very good, need to find a replacement after this summer as they wont keep him after that.
Maxwell is certainly not a plodder and will be an x factor.
Lyon is a spud who cant drift the ball, good offies can.
Siddle and Starc will be better suited on our fair decks and Harris will come in for Starc.

Maxwell is a plodder. You don't play makeshift batsman in your top 4 in test matches. He doesn't have the technique to withstand quality bowling.
Siddle and Starc are hopeless, they need conditions in their favour to do anything.
Siddle bowls stump to stump and does nothing with the ball and never has. He would struggle to get you out!
Lyon has always been shite, like all the recent spinners that have come out of T20, they ball too flat, don't drift the ball, hardly spin it and bowl the wrong length.

Rodgers has been very good, need to find a replacement after this summer as they wont keep him after that.
Maxwell is certainly not a plodder and will be an x factor.
Lyon is a spud who cant drift the ball, good offies can.
Siddle and Starc will be better suited on our fair decks and Harris will come in for Starc.
Cricket is a s**t sport if you even wanna call it a sport, playing fetch with your dog is more exciting, actually even watching someone else play fetch with their dog is more exciting..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back