Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Feb 26, 2003
Ballarat
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Renegades, victory, packers
Last Thursday night on The Footy Show did you see Sam and how he took the micky out of Tim Webster in an advert to do with a certain nasal spray for men.

Very funny stuff.:D

Originally posted by goaldrush
Last Thursday night on The Footy Show did you see Sam and how he took the micky out of Tim Webster in an advert to do with a certain nasal spray for men.

Very funny stuff.:D

And it's taken you nearly a week to post this?

• Banned
Re: Re: The Footy Show

Originally posted by port1978
And it's taken you nearly a week to post this?
I thought somebody else would have posted this instead. I looked and nobody had posted it so I posted it yesterday.

I agree with ya Angus1,

The show needs to get rid of Sam Newman who has a dirty mind.

You just praise Sam for something which you call "very funny stuff" and now you want to get rid of him because of his dirty mind?

• Banned
Originally posted by Nic
You just praise Sam for something which you call "very funny stuff" and now you want to get rid of him because of his dirty mind?
I don't like Sam Newman. He is a moron.

Originally posted by ozzult
It took Suzi a whole week to actually get the joke, hence the delay in posting.
I got the joke early but was waiting around for somebody else to post the thread, considering my threads aren't the flavour of the month.

Originally posted by goaldrush
I got the joke early but was waiting around for somebody else to post the thread, considering my threads aren't the flavour of the month.

It's not your threads. It's you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Expect to see a thread in 6 days time about tonights episode of The Footy Show with the girl who had that illness and ate all the mars bars.

Originally posted by GoEagles
Expect to see a thread in 6 days time about tonights episode of The Footy Show with the girl who had that illness and ate all the mars bars.
Nope you will be surprised.

I am going to post about it now. Shock Horror!!

The footy show was great last week with the girl who had a serious illness on the show. She ended up eating all of the mars bars.

Sam came dressed up as the cab driver to take the micky out of David Neitz.

Molly kissed Shane Crawford.

Originally posted by windyhill
mcguire spends half the show evening up with people he considers have slighted him in some minuscule way. Why does he do this ? Typical school yard bully, very tough with all his mates nodding, and agreeing with every word he says.

What did that rant at Today Tonight have to do with footy ?

Originally posted by JUBJUB
What did that rant at Today Tonight have to do with footy ?

Nothing, even Mike Shehan called it self-indulgent drivel yesterday.

But that's what makes the Footy Show so fascinating to watch - how self-indulgent, crass, patronising and advertorial it is.

And for all it's innumerable flaws, its still a professionally run show, which puts it ahead of 90% of the rest of the shows on TV.

It has **** all to do with Footy.

Channel 9 were touting it as part of there "Comedy line up for 2003".

Surely I'm not the only one that finds Sams jokes boring now? After almost 10 years, same smut jokes, same street talk bits (ie: Pick on some hopeless bum whose got no idea and tear him to pieces on national tv).

I can't understand how people can still sit through it.

Originally posted by M29

I can't understand how people can still sit through it.

Have a look at what else is rating consistently in the Top 20 shows. Apart from the nightly "News" and the odd sports event, there's:
- Australia's Unfunniest Home Videos (which has been going longer then TFS)

- innumerable generic do-it-yourself "lifestyle" shows aimed squarely at the aspirational middle-class

- Big Brother Eviction night

- 60 Minutes, which gets the reputation of being a quality current affairs show when compared to A Current Affair or Today Tonight

When you see what else is rating on TV, it's not surprising TFS is still doing so well.

And by the way, the league version of TFS is actually more crass, inane and self-indulgent then the AFL version.

There isn't anything else that is worth watching on tv anymore other than the footy show.

I would like to see sam get hit in the nuts with the ball on Wednesday night. He's umpiring the legends match. He chickened out after half time last year when he was goal umpiring.

Originally posted by wagstaff
Have a look at what else is rating consistently in the Top 20 shows. Apart from the nightly "News" and the odd sports event, there's:
- Australia's Unfunniest Home Videos (which has been going longer then TFS)

- innumerable generic do-it-yourself "lifestyle" shows aimed squarely at the aspirational middle-class

- Big Brother Eviction night

- 60 Minutes, which gets the reputation of being a quality current affairs show when compared to A Current Affair or Today Tonight

When you see what else is rating on TV, it's not surprising TFS is still doing so well.
Ah, indeed! Whomever let plebs own television sets and gave them AC Neilsen (or whatever they're called) boxes?

And by the way, the league version of TFS is actually more crass, inane and self-indulgent then the AFL version.
I only ever though that the AFL version could pump so much vile into a 1 1/2 slot.
Dosen't the rugby league one only go for 1 hour?
It wouldn't suprise me if the AFL version over took the RL version within a year or two.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back