The Footy Show

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by M29
Ah, indeed! Whomever let plebs own television sets and gave them AC Neilsen (or whatever they're called) boxes?

I only ever though that the AFL version could pump so much vile into a 1 1/2 slot.
Dosen't the rugby league one only go for 1 hour?
It wouldn't suprise me if the AFL version over took the RL version within a year or two.

The RL one goes for 1 1/2 hours. It has actually picked up enourmously over the past year or two. Given that the AFL Footy Show used to **** all over the RL one, the shows have almost swapped over in popularity.

The reason the RL show has increased in popularity is because they just get stuck straight into it and don't get too bogged down in one particular topic/ person. This allows time for certain regular 'segments' such as "Crack a fatty", "Anti ad", "No talent time", and "League of their own". Despite these things being rather crass etc, it is actually a good show to watch as a lot of the ideas are fresh and in good fun.

I think it's time for the AFL show to completely re structure the format and bring in new ideas for next season. Just on that note, what ever happened to the wheel? I used to think that was the best part of TFS.

The Footy Show.

Originally posted by Nic
It's not your threads. It's you.
1-Are u Female?.
2-Have u EVER called ureself "Nicole"on other footy URLS?.
Just wondering.

Geez, after 10 years people still rant about Sam Newman "going after" the nuffies on Street Talk.
I thought this had been sorted out ages ago, I have seen Street Talk filmed several times and believe me, the nuffies go for Sam like moths to a flame. All the sensible pedestrians either duck away or say nothing and therefore make the segment dull and boring.
But then again, bagging Sam is "in" at the moment so I suppose its a case of bag Sam to look cool ???

Originally posted by crudbucket
Geez, after 10 years people still rant about Sam Newman "going after" the nuffies on Street Talk.
I thought this had been sorted out ages ago, I have seen Street Talk filmed several times and believe me, the nuffies go for Sam like moths to a flame.

So true.Walk through any shopping mall and there will be nuffies just sitting there.As soon as a camera arrives,it's double the nuffies.

I thought this had been sorted out ages ago, I have seen Street Talk filmed several times and believe me, the nuffies go for Sam like moths to a flame. All the sensible pedestrians either duck away or say nothing and therefore make the segment dull and boring.
But then again, bagging Sam is "in" at the moment so I suppose its a case of bag Sam to look cool ???
And hearing some poor bastard with half a brain talk about something he knows nothing about is funny? It was good for a laugh 10 years ago but anyone who still considers street talk to be entertaining must live a pretty dull life.

I reckon that Glenn Archer giving Fraser Gehrig a wedgie might make it on TFS.

Originally posted by Angus1
And hearing some poor bastard with half a brain talk about something he knows nothing about is funny? It was good for a laugh 10 years ago but anyone who still considers street talk to be entertaining must live a pretty dull life.

and posting about how street talk doesnt do it for u anymore isnt having a dull life

Re: The Footy Show.

Originally posted by Bombers 2003
1-Are u Female?.
2-Have u EVER called ureself "Nicole"on other footy URLS?.
Just wondering.

Yep and nope. Why?

And I still watch the Footy Show because of the small likelyhood that Collingwood will get a bit of a mention.;)

Re: Re: The Footy Show.

Originally posted by Nic
Yep and nope. Why?

And I still watch the Footy Show because of the small likelyhood that Collingwood will get a bit of a mention.;)
I had a idea that you might have been one of these "Suzi haters"who follow her everywhere.But glad u dont.It just annoys others when some take a dislike to posters and follow tthem everywhere.

Re: Re: Re: The Footy Show.

Originally posted by Bombers 2003
I had a idea that you might have been one of these "Suzi haters"who follow her everywhere.But glad u dont.It just annoys others when some take a dislike to posters and follow tthem everywhere.
Well put bombers2003

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bagging sam? I'm over him. It just amazes me people still see this as "quality entertainment", when clearly, it appeals to the lowest commoners out there with a tv set.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back