The France attacks - debate thread (trigger warning)

Remove this Banner Ad

Q: It didn’t take long for France to start bombing Raqqa, the ISIS stronghold in northern Syria. But it sounds like you’re saying that’s what ISIS wanted.

Berger: I think that is part of the formula. If you go back to February, with the capture of the Jordanian pilot. ISIS took some pressure from Jordan, which agreed to join the coalition against it. They captured this [Jordanian] pilot who was carrying out an operation against ISIS. They burned him alive. And Jordan immediately massed forces on the border with Iraq. Then, ISIS began hitting them with suicide bombings, trying to lure them over the border. If Jordanian forces had made an incursion into Iraq, it would have created huge complications with the Iraqi government and would have really escalated tensions. I think that is really their game plan. They want as many players with competing agendas into the field [of Iraq and Syria] as possible. We can see how these competing agendas make it impossible, for instance, to resolve the Syrian civil war. We can’t get anyone to agree to what happens to [Syrian president, Bashar] Assad. And that is a huge asset for ISIS, because as long as we can’t agree on what to do about Assad, then we can’t really resolve the ISIS problem.

http://www.pri.org/stories/2015-11-16/isis-has-strategy-escalating-provocations

Q: It didn’t take long for France to start bombing Raqqa, the ISIS stronghold in northern Syria. But it sounds like you’re saying that’s what ISIS wanted.

Berger: I think that is part of the formula. If you go back to February, with the capture of the Jordanian pilot. ISIS took some pressure from Jordan, which agreed to join the coalition against it. They captured this [Jordanian] pilot who was carrying out an operation against ISIS. They burned him alive. And Jordan immediately massed forces on the border with Iraq. Then, ISIS began hitting them with suicide bombings, trying to lure them over the border. If Jordanian forces had made an incursion into Iraq, it would have created huge complications with the Iraqi government and would have really escalated tensions. I think that is really their game plan. They want as many players with competing agendas into the field [of Iraq and Syria] as possible. We can see how these competing agendas make it impossible, for instance, to resolve the Syrian civil war. We can’t get anyone to agree to what happens to [Syrian president, Bashar] Assad. And that is a huge asset for ISIS, because as long as we can’t agree on what to do about Assad, then we can’t really resolve the ISIS problem.

http://www.pri.org/stories/2015-11-16/isis-has-strategy-escalating-provocations

Straight out of the Littlefinger playbook.

"Chaos is a ladder"

Straight out of the Littlefinger playbook.

"Chaos is a ladder"

Indeed.

Stock Prices of Weapons Manufacturers Soaring Since Paris Attack

https://theintercept.com/2015/11/16...ons-manufacturers-soaring-since-paris-attack/

raytheon.png

ng.png

lmt2.png

gd1.png

tharles1.png

I'm an atheist and I've always thought religion has been a crock of s**t that's only ever caused blueing and a whole heap of garbage theories made up to confuse the s**t out of people.

THE notorious hacker group Anonymous claims to have taken out thousands of Twitter accounts linked to the Islamic State in the first skirmish of its new cyber “war”.

“We report that more than 5,500 Twitter accounts of #ISIS are now #down!” the group said in a tweet.

Anonymous said it posted the accounts to an online forum, labelling them #daeshbags in a reference to Daesh, an Arabic acronym for the Islamic State.

In addition to being responsible for the closure of Twitter accounts, the activist group has reportedly begun leaking personal information of suspected extremists.

The Independent is reporting to have seen at least one post containing the physical address and other personal details of an alleged Isis recruiter in Europe.

“We will hunt you, take down your sites, accounts, emails, and expose you. From now on, there [will be] no safe place for you online — you will be treated like a virus, and we are the cure. We own the internet now,” Anonymous

http://www.unilad.co.uk/news/why-obama-and-other-politicians-refer-to-isis-as-daesh/

You may have heard the terrorist group widely referred to as ISIS called many other names, but why does Barack Obama and Francois Hollande keep using the term ‘Daesh’?

Well the answer is that like a bunch of schoolboys in their first rock band, the terrorist cell experimented with several names at first, and Daesh is one they have moved away from and now take offense to.

ISIS stands for the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria, and ISIL is the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant. These acronyms are far simpler than Daesh in their translation, and their meaning is not as open to debate.

When the group originally accepted the term it was because it is an acronym of the militant’s proper Arabic name, al-Dawla al-Islamiya fi al-Iraq wa al-Sham.

But as pointed out by the Boston Globe the term can also be interpreted as “a bigot who imposes his view on others.” They don’t very much like that tagline being associated with their cause, going so far as to threaten to cut out the tongue of anyone who uses it.

But there is another reason why Daesh is more appropriate. In using the word ‘State’ the group is attempting to legitimise its view that they are in fact a nation to be recognised, as opposed to a militant group.

So that is why in the aftermath of the attacks Hollande said: “It is an act of war that was waged by a terrorist army, a jihadist army, by Daesh, against France”. France will not legitimise the terrorist group.

The same was true of Obama at the G20 summit in Turkey.

Media tells ya how to think hey?

Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

View attachment 193877

I'm sorry If I offended you (if you are) or any other North supporting Muslims in the other thread.
I just don't like that he (Grand Muffti) needs to be prompted to be contrite...

I don't base my thoughts on one media source, although I do enjoy a bit of Fox News when there is nothing else on, I however find the BBC to be too anti Israel to be a fair reflection of the issues at hand.

As always, the best debate and most knowledgeable "Journos" are right here on Bigfooty.

Funny how those who post the most ridiculous views on players is mirrored in their political outlook.

Who da thunk it.

Ridiculous is pretending both issues will go away by handing out hugs.

And the Praise that Waleed dude is getting for his bullshit speech.

That is borderline insanity.

Last edited:
Ridiculous is pretending both issues will go away by handing out hugs.

And the Praise that Waleed dude is getting for his bullshit speech.

That is borderline insanity.

Interesting that you assumed the comment was about you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

THE bloodthirsty monsters of Islamic State have threatened revenge attacks in Australia.

In a vile new propaganda video, IS leaders are filmed gloating over the 129 deaths in Paris and swearing vengeance against all nations uniting to punish them.

They praise their “brothers” who have planned or launched terrorist attacks in Australia, and call for supporters worldwide to “fight the infidels”.

Abu Mohammad al-Adnani, senior IS propagandist, promises violence “worse and more bitter” than Paris, including in Australia.

Referring to IS massacres and plots over the past year, he says: “You have seen what one Muslim has done to Canada and its infidel parliament, and what our brothers have done in France, Australia and Belgium. There are many more like them who have killed, ran over others and terrorised until we have seen the crusaders’ armies go on alert in Australia, Canada and Belgium.”

http://www.news.com.au/sport/turkis...s/news-story/c0929881d8d77c43da7c311645d14f73

This is Turkey... apparently the most secular of all majority muslim nations.
Once again being told what to think by Rupert Arjen...

"If you understand TURKISH and listen they are not booing or showing disrespect for the dead in Paris. What they are actually saying in Turkish is " Martyrs don't die, the Nation will NOT be divided" talking about the innocent victims both soldiers and civilians that have died in Turkey, as a result of Terrorist attacks. It is a sign of RESPECT NOT DISRESPECT."

Last edited:
Once again being told what to think by the Rupert Arjen...

"If you understand TURKISH and listen they are not booing or showing disrespect for the dead in Paris. What they are actually saying in Turkish is " Martyrs don't die, the Nation will NOT be divided" talking about the innocent victims both soldiers and civilians that have died in Turkey, as a result of Terrorist attacks. It is a sign of RESPECT NOT DISRESPECT."

I don't get told what to do / think by anyone, one of the many pleasures of being your own boss... And often proven on this forum when I forget that there are smarter people than I am with differing opinions.

But that's a minutes silence mate, for victims of an atrocity. Any political agenda pushing can be done on placards or during chants once the game has begun.

I don't get told what to do / think by anyone, one of the many pleasures of being your own boss... And often proven on this forum when I forget that there are smarter people than I am with differing opinions.

But that's a minutes silence mate, for victims of an atrocity. Any political agenda pushing can be done on placards or during chants once the game has begun.
Well you seem to take their word as gospel.

Let me post the full text as i did in the other thread.

If you understand TURKISH and listen they are not booing or showing disrespect for the dead in Paris. What they are actually saying in Turkish is " Martyrs don't die, the Nation will NOT be divided" talking about the innocent victims both soldiers and civilians that have died in Turkey, as a result of Terrorist attacks. It is a sign of RESPECT NOT DISRESPECT.

So where ever you see this news article you may want to set them straight. They do it all just about all their soccer matches when there is a minutes silence for victims of terrorism, NOT JUST THE FRENCH.

Well you seem to take their word as gospel.

I'm sick of politically correct nothing responses.

I am a right wing sadistic campaigner at the moment, no footy, terrorism, boring cricket and no daylight savings up in QLD has killed off my passion for being a decent human being.

That being said, if a peaceful end to this forever was available I would choose it, however we all know that is not possible.

Like Imperial and Nazi Germany, the USA's economy and maufacturing is primarily based on the military-industrial complex.
Wasn't it ironically Eisenhower who warned the world of what was to come?

Crystal balled the future, nobody listened.

France has always taken direct action as the big policeman around the world especially in its former colonies and usually no one knows anything about it except when some thing goes wrong such as with the Rainbow Warrior. Previously the people who survived were unable to do anything about it but now they can and do.. Doesn't matter if it was back a few years ago in Algeria or recently in Mali and C.A.R..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back