Boxing The General Boxing Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I feel sorry for whoever payed hard earned money to see that fight.

Anyone who takes guys like SBW and Quade Cooper seriously clearly doesn't know much about fighting.

Will Tomlinson's world title fight next Thursday Night will be shown on Fox Sports three, that's awesome, no need to find a crappy stream because it's pay per view.:D

Decent first main fight of the night, Matt Garlett with a massive upset over the highly ranking Tuliwe from South Africa, he will now be ranked higher than Will Tomlinson, work that out.

Garth Wood up next then Wild Will for the world title.

Decent first main fight of the night, Matt Garlett with a massive upset over the highly ranking Tuliwe from South Africa, he will now be ranked higher than Will Tomlinson, work that out.

Garth Wood up next then Wild Will for the world title.

Garlett was fantastic, got on top early and hung on for the full distance for the first time, Tomlinson very lucky to get the decision IMO.

Garlett was fantastic, got on top early and hung on for the full distance for the first time, Tomlinson very lucky to get the decision IMO.
Lucky is an understatement, he lost that fight from what I saw, or at best tied it 6 rounds all and maybe just won thanks to the wrongfully given knockdown in round 1.

Still, we've been screwed by the judges in the past, good to get one back.

He'll go to the US now, where the big money is, only pay per view for him from now on.

Lucky is an understatement, he lost that fight from what I saw, or at best tied it 6 rounds all and maybe just won thanks to the wrongfully given knockdown in round 1.

Still, we've been screwed by the judges in the past, good to get one back.

He'll go to the US now, where the big money is, only pay per view for him from now on.

Yeah, I didn't want to start an argument with any hard core fans, but if that bout had gone the other way then most Aussie boxing watchers would be rightly pissed off. These dubious decisions are what has turned many fans away from boxing over the years and it's a real shame. Anyway, I guess Will moves on and good luck to him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some good fight's last night. Garlett was really good early on and it was impressive how he was able to hold on through 12 rounds after the most he'd gone before that was 6. The Tomlinson fight was a good one too, but the judges scorecards were ridiculous. I've got no idea how they saw it that far in Tomlinson's favour.

Froch v Kessler

Oh Boy! WOwee!

this is must watch.

Im even gonna ppv.

Further Update from Sweden on Boxer Frida Wallberg

After a severe Knockout loss, Swedish Boxer Frida Wallberg suffered a brain hemorrhage. Surgeons were forced to open Frida Wallberg's skull to drain blood away. Frida is currently sedated and on a ventilator to help her breath.

nice stories guys, keep em coming

another one of mine takes place when i was walking home from a friends house at around 1am. i was walking on this main road and i see these 2 guys kicking it at a bus stop. i continue walking and they come up to me and ask if i had a cigarette, i said no and continued walking. the guy grabbed me and said he didnt believe me while the other guy walked back the the bus stop and picked up a metal pole. i thought about running but decided to stand my ground.
i told them again that i didnt have any and for him not to touch me again. the guy with the pole swang at me and i kinda flinched and copped it on my arm. i straight crossed the guy without the pole, then charged the guy with the pole. he swang again and i took a step back and when he missed i stepped in and jabbed. i did a quick combination and did a drop seio nage (judo throw) and he crashed on the floor and the way he looked on his face he didnt know where he was. i got in another 2 shots to his head when the other guy pulled me off and threw me against this fence. he threw a right haymaker which i blocked and countered with a body shot to the solar plexus and then left hooked him to the head and he dropped.
a car pulled up and a guy got out and started screaming at me saying he called the police etc. i told him that they assulted me and it was an act of self defence. the guys ended up running across the oval and shortly after the police came. i gave them my story and they congratulated me on my victory and gave me a ride home.

I just watched one of the best fights I've seen in a long time.

Jake Carr in only his 5th professional fight won a war (unanimous decision) over Serge Yannick.

Fox Sports calling it the fight of the year, so far, can't argue much.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back