Boxing The General Boxing Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

He'd have a good fight with top 25ish guys.
He's only a punches chance against anyone in the top 100. They have dedicated their life to boxing, all he could hope for is a flash KO.

Truth be told that's probably the case for the top 500 HW's.

As you said, a name well past his best is his best option.

Yeah right. I guess it was easier to find a guy at hw with no weight limit on short notice than someone for akkawy. If he was willing to fight someone bigger (as he'd have to on such short notice, they wouldn't get a chance to cut) he should have just taken quinlan...

Or he wanted a small guy to come up which is a bit weak on 24 hours. They have every right to be pissed at quin missing weight but finding a fight on short notice for him is a tough ask. He should be paid someone for making weight though. Has he not?
As of this morning according to the guy I spoke with , he hadnt

That's what happens when an MMA boxer/striker fights a boxer who takes the fight seriously.
There’s a reason boxers wear 10oz gloves, and by the look on Francis’s face after the second knock down, he just figured out why.
AJ didn’t even bother using a jab for his right to follow that last punch.
Just literally walked up, king hit him, and knocked him out cold.

He's only a punches chance against anyone in the top 100. They have dedicated their life to boxing, all he could hope for is a flash KO.

Yep and in that case what's the point? Unless it's a pure money grab which fair enough then.
He's never gonna fight another top ranked boxer.
We'd all love to see him leverage his way back to into the UFC but I know why it won't.

I said that when he first made the jump but there's some bog average heavyweights around tbh.

Chisora is the fight I've decided would be good. Not technical, old, big name, would be a fun fight

There’s a reason boxers wear 10oz gloves, and by the look on Francis’s face after the second knock down, he just figured out why.
AJ didn’t even bother using a jab for his right to follow that last punch.
Just literally walked up, king hit him, and knocked him out cold.
Fight should have been stopped before this. Thats not a "Ngannou cant box" scenario, he was already done by then.

******* massive shot though. Biggest KO id seen in a while

Sean O'Malley is one of the few UFC fighters who thinks like a high level boxer. It's all about distance control, range and movement with him. He also doesn't waist energy but rather feints until he can best use his energy to land strikes.

He is one of the few MMA fighters that might look ok against a top 20 boxer. Still he is a MMA 'boxer' so he can use his legs for range. Take that away from him and he's way behind the best boxers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sean O'Malley is one of the few UFC fighters who thinks like a high level boxer. It's all about distance control, range and movement with him. He also doesn't waist energy but rather feints until he can best use his energy to land strikes.

He is one of the few MMA fighters that might look ok against a top 20 boxer. Still he is a MMA 'boxer' so he can use his legs for range. Take that away from him and he's way behind the best boxers.

I think Yan has the best boxing skills in the UFC but yeah O'Malley would be up there too. Sandhagen might do well too.

And yeah brutal KO by AJ, I think we now know that Fury wasn't in good nick for the Ngannou fight, and that Ngannou has big balls for fighting both of those guys.

Good, solid fight. Respect to both!
Great learning fight for Huni. Lerena was good. Had Huni hurt early but especially in the last (10th). Lerena lost his mum a week ago so did well to front up and performed well. Pretty close fight. Huni decision.
Just wanted to correct this... It was actually the day before the fight when his mother passed.
A really nice, respectful dude.

Big whoop Farce or not, it's gonna sell. And who could blame Tyson for getting all that money.

'' Yeah Eye'm not gunna take da money to feed da kids of mine and generations coming through because ppl will cry ''

:tearsofjoy::thumbsu:

Big whoop Farce or not, it's gonna sell. And who could blame Tyson for getting all that money.

'' Yeah Eye'm not gunna take da money to feed da kids of mine and generations coming through because ppl will cry ''

:tearsofjoy::thumbsu:
Who's criticizing Tyson? Jake Paul is the * wit in this

If anyone wants to watch the AJ event in full, or anything from it. Link should work, ill check the Huni fight tonight

7 hours 25 mins for 7 fights I think 😂. Fast forwarded a fair bit but bloody hell thats a long event and not shown all fights

They said on commentary the winner of Huni/Lerena will likely get Dubois or Joyce in June on the Bivol/Beterbiev undercard. Huni is not ready for that, hope not

Remove this Banner Ad

Back