Boxing The General Boxing Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder how much the event made on ppvs ($49.95 I believe) vs how much it would generally make free on Fox.

Would be great for viewers and the aus boxing scene if events like last nights were free on fox and/or free-to-air TV throughout the country.
I find it hard to believe even 20k people paid $50 for it, but even 10k is more than Fox would be paying for an event at a (very uneducated) guess...

A very solid performance from Goodman, and schliebs certainly gave new meaning to the term all talk.
Going by my searches last night, there seemed to be a bit of interest in the Philippines around this fight.
Goodman should take on Tapales or Casimero next, get his name out there a bit more.
This talk of taking on the the Japanese Superstar, let alone bringing him to Wollongong, is so far fetched and stupid, even by George Rose’s standards.

A very solid performance from Goodman, and schliebs certainly gave new meaning to the term all talk.
Going by my searches last night, there seemed to be a bit of interest in the Philippines around this fight.
Goodman should take on Tapales or Casimero next, get his name out there a bit more.
This talk of taking on the the Japanese Superstar, let alone bringing him to Wollongong, is so far fetched and stupid, even by George Rose’s standards.
State government pays, you could get Monster here but it'd never be in the Gong

Donaire cornered/coached(?) Schliebs.

Anyone know the odds for the Hardman fight?

State government pays, you could get Monster here but it'd never be in the Gong

Donaire cornered/coached(?) Schliebs.

Anyone know the odds for the Hardman fight?
I have no issues with trying to get Inoue to come to Australia.
A promoter saying he’s in negotiations to bring The Monster to Wollongong, I consider a lie, a con, and attempting to use The Japanese Superstars name to promote himself.

I really like Maloneys approach to how they’re dealing with the Japanese.

I only saw the last 5 seconds on Twitter but a shocker of a stoppage, bloke was throwing a punch as the ref stepped in. Either way glad Goodman got the W, i hope he gets the Inoue fight in a way, in another way I don't cause he's getting flatlined.

My attitude towards George Rose is beginning to wear thin, on a number of fronts.

He's gonna have to be worried, Joel Taylor vs Lachie O'Shea next month will be on 7 Plus, there's another card on their too coming up. Thank * too, geez we needed some competition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I only saw the last 5 seconds on Twitter but a shocker of a stoppage, bloke was throwing a punch as the ref stepped in. Either way glad Goodman got the W, i hope he gets the Inoue fight in a way, in another way I don't cause he's getting flatlined.

He's gonna have to be worried, Joel Taylor vs Lachie O'Shea next month will be on 7 Plus, there's another card on their too coming up. Thank * too, geez we needed some competition.
Schielbs did throw a punch as the ref stepped in, and he did throw some counters during the fight (and a couple of wild hey makers), but he was coping a solid beating all fight.

Schielbs did throw a punch as the ref stepped in, and he did throw some counters during the fight (and a couple of wild hey makers), but he was coping a solid beating all fight.

Yeah i mean like i said I missed the fight and heard Goodman dominated, but the actual stoppage sequence seemed off. Either way it didn't affect the right result and saved the fella a beating by all reports.

Yeah fair enough inter but having watched it I can tell you it was a good stoppage and the corner said if he didn't show something that round, they would stop it. It was a good stoppage. It could have even been stopped before.

Domination.

Yeah fair enough inter but having watched it I can tell you it was a good stoppage and the corner said if he didn't show something that round, they would stop it. It was a good stoppage. It could have even been stopped before.

Domination.
Totally agree it was a domination.
It looked like an International level boxer versus some random Australian bloke, which it was.

I can easily see Goodman getting a World Title next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back