news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I really don't get the Machida is boring thing. He's always looking for the knockout, which is evidenced by him having knocked down opponents in the UFC more times than everyone but Anderson Silva, Chuck Liddell and Melvin Guillard. He doesn't throw pointless crap, which I guess is why people consider him boring and judges score his fights weirdly.

I've got a conspiracy angle of my own. I find it very interesting that the Sonnen/Wanderlei fight got moved to Brazil just a couple of weeks before TRT was banned in Nevada.

Machida is a world class fighter and his karate background of hitting and not getting hit is amazing to watch at the top level. Like yourself I'm not really sure where the hatred of Machida stems from. Would rather watch Machida than GSP anyday of the week. For the conspiracy idea....You may be onto something :D

How do you see that fight going if it happened? Cyborg doesn't put people out with one shot, she puts a prolonged beating on them until they're done. I don't see her doing that to Rousey before getting thrown on her head and armbarred.

Rousey still wades in looking for a clinch and taking shots in the process, i dont think Cyborg would allow herself to get clinched, she is good enough to maintain distance and land punches, even if she was to get tied up somehow i think he sheer strength would allow her separate and continue landing punches, I dont even know for sure if Ronda could seperate her arms in the armbar position, she struggled with Carmouche for a while and Cyborg is a hell of alot stronger than Carmouche. Its just my thoughts and i would actually love for Ronda to win, i just don't see it happening.

I can't stand fighters who fight like Machida. I get it, he's picking his spots very carefully. But far out its boring to watch. I really hope Chris can catch him and end it quick.

machida can be super exciting! it's the whole styles make fights.. as a counter striker and weidmans natural agressiveness. this shapes as a corker of a fight

Good to see Hioki and Mitrione get wins today. The last prelim fight was a war!

Main event was a huge start and was entertaining throughout. Kim always seemed superior in exchanges and the finish was epic!

Some entertaining fights on the UFC card that was on last night, but I'm not a fan of the ridiculously expanded roster and events at all. I don't see any of these guys from TUF China having any impact in the UFC. I can appreciate lower level MMA for what it is, but I don't care to see lower level talent scattered throughout UFC cards like we're getting now.

The Nam/Tokudome fight was entertaining. I don't know what to say about the judge who scored the first round 10-9. I don't recall seeing a round in the UFC before that was that clearly at least a 10-8. If it wasn't a 10-7 then I don't know what is.

Kim's now won his last two fights with vicious KO's. Didn't see that coming. I see him being on the receiving end soon if he keeps fighting this wildly though.

For the conspiracy idea....You may be onto something :D
Turns out I definitely wasn't. Dan Henderson's getting the last TUE for TRT in Brazil. After that they're following Nevada and banning it as well.

Kim's now won his last two fights with vicious KO's. Didn't see that coming. I see him being on the receiving end soon if he keeps fighting this wildly though.

No doubt, but he's gone from a guaranteed snooze fest in to one of the more exciting welterweights now. That, coupled with a 4 fight win streak will likely set him up for a big fight next. I could see him being put in with Rory or the winner of Ellenberger/Saffidiene in a title eliminator after his last two perfomances.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another title shot to Faber.

:D

I can't see the Gina fight happening personally. She's been away too long and has had to cut weight to make 145 in the past. My guess would be Holm signing and getting next shot as it's an easy one to promote.

Erick Silva vs Matt Brown named in May
JDS vs Stipe Miocic also named 173 as the co-main event. :thumbsu:

Love these two fights. Big step up for Miocic, but Cain has provided the blueprint to beating JDS... we get to see if Stipe is good enough and has the cardio to implement the same sort of game plan.

Jacare had elbow surgery for an injury carried into his last fight. Have a look at how much junk was cleaned out of it http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/3/5...targeting-august-return-wants-michael-bisping

grossed-out-face-for-blog.gif

That was disgusting Jab

Remove this Banner Ad

Back