news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Bringing Carano back to fight Rousey would generate a lot of interest but it'd piss me off more than the Jones/Chael fight being made.

The beating Cain Velasquez in an MMA fight comment was obviously ridiculous and never going to happen. She could definitely beat Mayweather in an MMA fight though. She's out of her mind because she thinks she could beat Mayweather in an MMA fight or because of the way she said she'd do it? It was pretty clear that she was answering the question jokingly.

I saw this somewhere else so can't take the credit. We know Floyd would have no problems hitting her.

Last edited:
The beating Cain Velasquez in an MMA fight comment was obviously ridiculous and never going to happen. She could definitely beat Mayweather in an MMA fight though. She's out of her mind because she thinks she could beat Mayweather in an MMA fight or because of the way she said she'd do it?

If they started on the mat......Yea, She is in with a chance. If both start standing I just dont see how she would do it. I understand the thought process and how she would crawl over to him (having Ronda crawl over to me......:):thumbsu:)

Ground work is technical stuff but I honestly just see Mayweather picking her up and throwing her (something I wouldn't mind doing either )

If it were to happen do you honestly think Ronda would have a chance. Lets just imagine if this happened and she wins..........Everyone would be looking at the screen like

AmazedBottleGlassesBigEyes.gif

I think it's absurd to give Rousey no chance in an MMA fight with Mayweather, surely I can't be the only one. I really can't get my head around why you'd think she has no chance at all. The guy's a brilliant boxer but unless I'm missing his extensive background in something like wrestling, judo or BJJ I just don't get it.

Who's to say she couldn't do this to him?

r7umf6_jpg.gif

I think it's absurd to give Rousey no chance in an MMA fight with Mayweather, surely I can't be the only one. I really can't get my head around why you'd think she has no chance at all. The guy's a brilliant boxer but unless I'm missing his extensive background in something like wrestling, judo or BJJ I just don't get it.

r7umf6_jpg.gif

That could happen, There is every chance of that happening. Im thinking brute strength.....Floyd would just be to powerful for Ronda. I would love to be made wrong though

That could happen, There is every chance of that happening. Im thinking brute strength.....Floyd would just be to powerful for Ronda. I would love to be made wrong though

I think it would depend what weight they fought at. If it was at 135, I'd give Ronda every chance. 145 would swing things in Floyd's favour.

That being said though, despite the ridiculous, record-breaking PPV numbers it would do, I wouldn't want it to happen. It's the kind of sideshow s**t that gave MMA a bad wrap for so long.

r7umf6_jpg.gif

I'm sure you've seen him move, thats why he doesn't get caught by elite boxers who are heavy punchers; because hes never where they intend to hit him when they swing. Also many more things to take into equation.

He would be too quick to get caught in a telegraphed single leg like the one above. I think he'd even do ok against a male MMA fighter at his weight.

I'm sure you've seen him move, thats why he doesn't get caught by elite boxers who are heavy punchers; because hes never where they intend to hit him when they swing. Also many more things to take into equation.

He would be too quick to get caught in a telegraphed single leg like the one above. I think he'd even do ok against a male MMA fighter at his weight.
That gif was a smart arse way of saying see what happens when a boxer enters MMA, I should have added :D. Of course there's also this:

2vw8qph.jpg

I think Mayweather would destroy guys his size who can't wrestle at all, but outside of that he's getting taken down and it's over, unless he lands something big very early.

Anyone paying for UFC Fight Pass? I am only really because I couldn't be bothered working out how to cancel my subscription. I've just found out that the main cards on the first two fight pass 'exclusive' events are blacked out in Australia. I've watched the main cards on Foxtel, so I didn't realise this until seeing someone complain about it online today. I'd be really pissed off if I didn't have Foxtel after Dana White was saying the events are only going to be shown on Fight Pass.

Anyway, the fights were good. Pickett/Seery should have got FOTN though. Gustafsson looked really good, that knee was brilliant. Nelson is very fun to watch, he's got a fairly unique striking style and his grappling is amazing. Johnson/Guillard was a bit disappointing as I thought that could have been a very exciting fight.

Awesome sub by Dantas at the Bellator event this weekend. There's some weird dancing celebrations coming out of Nova Uniao though.

Eduardo_Dantas_vs._Anthony_Leone.gif

Doing the happy dance, the happy dance.....Just doing the happy dance.

So who gets Jones next should he destroy Glover as I expect?

DC has a solid argument as does Gus after today's win. Gus won in the only way that taking this fight would improve his chances. Add to that the closeness of his loss and it's hard to deny his call out today.

Also Jimmy should get Bader next fight, I think that would be great.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All he'd have to do at the start of the fight is to have his back a few inches from the cage and she'd not be able to take him down like that.

His strikes are so quick and hard he'd have landed 4-5 on her before she knew what had hit her.

Would destroy her.

So who gets Jones next should he destroy Glover as I expect?

DC has a solid argument as does Gus after today's win. Gus won in the only way that taking this fight would improve his chances. Add to that the closeness of his loss and it's hard to deny his call out today.

Also Jimmy should get Bader next fight, I think that would be great.

Gus deserves the shot IMO - he looked great again today.
Wrestlers like Bader & DC are going to be tough match ups for Jimi moving forward

Michael Johnson looked good again, training with alvarez will sharpen you up very quickly.

Gus has some of the most savage GnP ive seen, looking forward to seeing how Jones returns after the beating he took from Gus, i think he wins it though, cant see Texieria landing that 1 big shot he needs, Jones usually deals with the older school guys well.

Anyone paying for UFC Fight Pass? I am only really because I couldn't be bothered working out how to cancel my subscription. I've just found out that the main cards on the first two fight pass 'exclusive' events are blacked out in Australia. I've watched the main cards on Foxtel, so I didn't realise this until seeing someone complain about it online today. I'd be really pissed off if I didn't have Foxtel after Dana White was saying the events are only going to be shown on Fight Pass.

Yeah, I'm currently subscribed because the cancel button wasn't there last weekend, you actually had to send them an email asking to unsubscribe. The button is there now and I swear I saw it late in the trial so hopefully it was just some bugs being worked out and not them trying to trap customers when the trial ended.

To make it worse, TUF Brazil is blacked out on Fight Pass in Australia as well for reasons I can't understand since it doesn't appear to be on Foxtel's upcoming schedule. If you've subscribed to something like Unblock-Us or UnoDNS to watch Netflix like I did then you can also use that to bypass the blackout (and that would probably work for the Fight Pass cards too), but otherwise Fight Pass for Australians is currently a cruel joke, we get the worst of the prelims (that used to be free) and pretty much nothing else in the way of original content. I could only recommend it to a brand new fan of MMA that was looking to become familiar with MMA history, subscribe for a month or two and binge through the archives then cancel.

To make it worse, TUF Brazil is blacked out on Fight Pass in Australia as well for reasons I can't understand since it doesn't appear to be on Foxtel's upcoming schedule.
What that is BS. I had forgotten to cancel my sub, but was interested in watching TUF Brazil. There is no way I continue with it next month.

It's no wonder people turn to torrents :rolleyes:

200px-UFC_171_event_poster.jpg

Thoughts guys.

I think anyone that counts Lawler as "no chance" has not seen the bloke fight. My pick is Hendricks with the first clean shot to dictate the fight.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back