news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I am warning all you guys. Below is a GIF from the cut. I dont know how to link other users to my post so can someone please pm me on that. Cheers guys.

Desmond_Green_vs._Angelo_Sanchez_3_medium.gif

Who tells the boss of their workplace "F**k you pay me" :)
If that upset Dana, he would've done something about it at the time, not 2 months later or whenever the hell he said it.

My guess is Nate's knocking back fight offers because he saw Gil Melendez's new contract and the UFC are getting sick of it. He'll be re-instated in the rankings once he fights again - if, he fights again.

If that upset Dana, he would've done something about it at the time, not 2 months later or whenever the hell he said it.

My guess is Nate's knocking back fight offers because he saw Gil Melendez's new contract and the UFC are getting sick of it. He'll be re-instated in the rankings once he fights again - if, he fights again.

Its like me saying "well I seen the pay that the boys out the back take home and I'm not working until I get the same"......My boss would just say "Seeya mate"

Its like me saying "well I seen the pay that the boys out the back take home and I'm not working until I get the same"......My boss would just say "Seeya mate"
Yep, but he's stopped short of doing as much because he knows that Nate can put it on and sell fights. So it should either act as a dangling carrot or a kick in the arse. Watch this space.

I dont think this has been posted yet.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/3/6/5478058/ufc-mark-hunt-vs-brendan-schaub-challenge-mma-news

Mark Hunt on fighting B.Schaub
"I spoke to Brendan Schaub's manager, Lex McMahon, and he told me they want to fight Mark Hunt next. He's expected to come back in summer. I asked Mark Hunt about it, and he said fighting Brendan would be like going backwards, but if he wants go to sleep first, than sure, why not."

Hunt is a legend.....

Also reading Hunt wants to fight Overeem......That is a MASSIVE FIGHT

There were a couple of funny things said in the whole Miller/McGregor joint interview. I listened to it and thought it was crap to be honest though. A couple of funny moments but for the most part it felt like a couple of children bickering for 30 minutes and damn was it repetitive. "Tank me Cole" was only said at least 50 times. If you thought Jones was childish at the post fight press conference then I'd stay away from this. I like McGregor when he's in the Octagon but honestly I wouldn't mind seeing him lose to see how he responds with his mouth.

With JDS injured we have Maldonado stepping up to face Miocic. The man is too tough for his own good. I hate that fight, Miocic is going to put a terrible beating on him. I was thinking it's fairly short notice and was happy that it'd be 3 rounds. Then I read that it's still 5 rounds. Yuck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maldonaldo is also moving up a weight division too, lets not forget. It's going to be Maldonaldo vs Glover all over again.

I doubt it will last as long, or spend as much time on the feet. I see Miocic taking him down quickly and pounding him out early in the first.

I don't remember seeing a Moicic fight where he's taken it to the ground before, in recent times? I can see it being 30-26's across the board.

Del Rosario (RIP) was probably the last time he did, but the guy's he's been fighting lately (Nelson, Gonzaga, Struve) that all have dangerous ground games. Maldonado has a bad ground game from what I've seen and with the added size and strength advantage Stipe should enjoy, I doubt he'll be wanting to bang it out with a former pro-boxer who's only real chance is on the feet. I hope you're right, but can't see him taking any chances with him being built up for big fights in the near future.

I don't remember seeing a Moicic fight where he's taken it to the ground before, in recent times? I can see it being 30-26's across the board.
It's remaining a 5 rounder despite it being on fairly short notice and with Maldonado jumping up a weight class. I do find that weird. I could see Maldonado surviving into the later rounds while taking an absolute beating. He's that tough that it could go all 5 rounds imo.

I doubt it will last as long, or spend as much time on the feet. I see Miocic taking him down quickly and pounding him out early in the first.
Teixeira hurt Maldonado very badly on the feet, then he unloaded vicious ground and pound for quite a while but couldn't get the finish. The referee could/should have probably stopped it then though. It ended up thankfully being called between rounds before they let him go out to take more punishment in the third round.

I could see Maldonado surviving for quite some time just like he did in the Teixeira fight, or even longer. Maldonado's boxing isn't that great despite his pro boxing career, which saw him beat a bunch of guys who simply aren't very good. He has good body punches but that's it really. He doesn't have much power and is poor defensively. I don't think Miocic will mind beating Maldonado up on the feet.

I hope I'm completely wrong and either Maldonado puts up a good competitive fight without being brutalised or Miocic finishes him very quickly as you think he'll do. I think it'll go on for a while with Maldonado getting beat up badly, but I don't want to see that.

It's remaining a 5 rounder despite it being on fairly short notice and with Maldonado jumping up a weight class. I do find that weird. I could see Maldonado surviving into the later rounds while taking an absolute beating. He's that tough that it could go all 5 rounds imo.

Teixeira hurt Maldonado very badly on the feet, then he unloaded vicious ground and pound for quite a while but couldn't get the finish. The referee could/should have probably stopped it then though. It ended up thankfully being called between rounds before they let him go out to take more punishment in the third round.

I could see Maldonado surviving for quite some time just like he did in the Teixeira fight, or even longer. Maldonado's boxing isn't that great despite his pro boxing career, which saw him beat a bunch of guys who simply aren't very good. He has good body punches but that's it really. He doesn't have much power and is poor defensively. I don't think Miocic will mind beating Maldonado up on the feet.

I hope I'm completely wrong and either Maldonado puts up a good competitive fight without being brutalised or Miocic finishes him very quickly as you think he'll do. I think it'll go on for a while with Maldonado getting beat up badly, but I don't want to see that.

I remember the Glover fight well, but that was a case of horrific refereeing needlessly lengthening a very one-sided fight. He did come back to rock Glover with a good left hook from memory, but it was pretty much the only thing he did in the fight other than survive.

I could also see a scenario where Maldonado hangs around and takes an ugly beating, but I expect this to end on the mat quickly and with plenty of blood. Miocic may not fear Maldonado's stand up and may well be able to beat him on the feet, but I think he's smarter than that. I recently rewatched his fight with Del Rozario and see this fight looking a lot like the second round of that fight.

The proof will be in when he chooses to fight next. I'm not sure what the sanctions are for getting popped a second time for PED's is, but I'd imagine it's 12+ months. If he fights this year, I would think he was clean/within the TRT limits at the time. If his absence draws out....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back