news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm the opposite i hate seeing s**t like this, going off at the crowd trashing hotel rooms. even the pre fight promos are starting to bring that boxing BS into it.

MMA especially UFC is about mutual respect, disappointed or not even if you were robbed, your supposed to act like a professional.
his interview on MMAjunkie was telling, carrying on left right and centre about cash. its all about the money with this bloke.

for me he's lost respect i believe he won that bout, but know carrying on like this? that's not UFC that's boxing trash talk rubbish. at least forest griffin had the testicular fortitude to man up and apologise when he threw his hissy fit and stormed out.

For keeping up with his antics he should go all the way back down to the bottom rung. needs to stop acting like brat and realise sometimes the scorecard goes against you.
Agreed. He has a massive attitude problem. Reminds me of a male version of ronda as he acts like a hot headed kid at times. Lost respect for weidman too laughing about it on Twitter. He's the champ and should be a role model for a hot head like al. I think Serra would have told al to pull his head in.

Yet somehow 189 has
Aldo v McGregor
Lawler v McDonald
Nelson v Hathaway
Thatch v Howard

You can add Matt Brown vs Nate Diaz too. Should be a fun stylistic fight.

Agreed. He has a massive attitude problem. Reminds me of a male version of ronda as he acts like a hot headed kid at times. Lost respect for weidman too laughing about it on Twitter. He's the champ and should be a role model for a hot head like al. I think Serra would have told al to pull his head in.

The same Serra who was heard saying "good, f*ck him" after Silva snapped his leg? I love me some Matt Serra, but he's not the classiest guy going around. I'd imagine one of the UFC higher ups would have been the one to have a quiet word in his ear about the situation. Agree with the sentiment though; while I thought it was funny at the time, it's far from the message the UFC want to be sending out.

Yeah very hard for Nate (wish it was Nick). I can't see anything but Brown bullying the s**t out of him for 3 rounds.

Pretty much, although I see this fight ending due to cuts from Brown's tight elbows in the clinch. It's an interesting match up though. Diaz has fared well against the majority of strikers he's fought and stands a decent chance if Brown looks to keep the fight in boxing range or takes him to the ground.

As for Nick, isn't he facing a potential 2 year ban for being popped a third time for weed? It could be a long while before we see him back in the cage unfortunately.

Matt Brown would absolutely destroy Nate Diaz in the clinch. It'll be brutal if it happens. However, Diaz is claiming premature confirmation by the UFC.

Duffee/Mir doesn't interest me at all. I have no interest in seeing Mir fight again. There's a bunch of old HW and LHW fighters that fit that description for me though.

Tonight's UFC card is terrible on paper. Bellator's event this week was better on paper, not sure if that's happened before.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah...ummm dunno :p

Must be starting the shows later. We a good run though didnt we ?
We did. Its not like this and last weeks are amazing cards so I don't mind too much.

Pretty sure last week's card was only in the middle of the night here because the UFC or Fox didn't want to go up against the March Madness basketball in the US that night. For some reason though the upcoming Condit/Alves fight in Brazil is also taking place in the middle of the night here.

That fight told us more about Gonzaga than it did Cro Cop. Cro Cop's not good any more and hasn't been for a long time. Gonzaga couldn't even beat Cro Cop despite being in control for the better part of 2 rounds. HW desperately needs some good young fighters but they're nowhere to be seen.

Manuwa/Blachowicz was clearly the best fight of the card on paper. It wasn't as enjoyable as I was expecting, but it was still pretty good.

Westcott/Pawlak was terrible. I thought Westcott could get an early finish but he didn't and as a result we got 15 minutes of uninspiring action.

I don't think anyone expected Calderwood to lose. I thought she'd win but I didn't know much about Moroz. Then I read some stuff by people who had watched Moroz's fights and I was even more confident in picking Calderwood.

Calderwood needs to work on fighting in boxing range, because she's good at kicking range and very good in her clinch striking, but in the middle she gets tagged. Also needs to work on her grappling. To me the boxing range stuff is the biggest concern because she's got the background in striking. She's only been fighting in MMA for 3 years, so the grappling deficiencies can be ironed out.

I saw it mentioned that Calderwood winning here may have set up a title fight in Scotland. Now I'm not sure what's next for Joanna Champion. Probably the best fight would be a rematch with Gadelha and she's currently injured.

I know this is pretty late but the Mendes vs Lamas card ended up pretty entertaining. Poirier and Mendes were absolute standouts. Mendes should fight the winner of Conor and Aldo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back